Thread: Hopping Bug understood!!!

Hopping Bug understood!!!

Well, I don't know if anyone else had the problem with Lara swerving off left or right seemingly randomly when she hopped, but after playing the Vault of Trophies Level I now know exactly how to predict (fix) which way she will jump when hopping.

It may save you all some frustration!

The last direction key you press BEFORE performing the hop is the way she will swerve. So for example if you walk right up to the edge of a ledge, and then tap the RIGHT ARROW, if you THEN perform the hop, she will swerve off right.

Similarly, walk up to the edge of a ledge, stop, then tap the LEFT ARROW and then perform the hop, she will swerve left. It seems the game is remembering the last direction you moved and adding that into the hop routine.

The fix is to walk up to the edge of the ledge, then make sure you tap the UP (ie forward) button BEFORE you perform the hop.

If this has been found before, I apologise for repeating it, but finding it has taken an immense amount of frustration out of playing the game.

Much kudos for working that out LittleSpender - round of applause !

Thumbs Up

Nicely done.

Thumbs Up

Originally posted by GoranAgar
    Nicely done.
    Ah! I'm glad that this issue got sorted out for you!

You sir, are a Genius!!!!

And Core are pretty clever for adding in such fuctionallity to the hop. Shame they didn't mention it anywhere as Breath of Hades was an exceptionally frustrating task to perform!

Thank you.

Sal.

PS I haven't tried it yet, but will be soon!

Sorry, this post is only to bump it back up as I've read a load of posts with people who are still having the problem.

And I could do with some more of the "Genius" comments too please

Well done, Genius!