Thread: AOD and the fabled Double Guns

AOD and the fabled Double Guns

There have been several people in this forum wondering "how exactly do I obtain Lara's double guns?" A good question. On all TR games, with the exception of one, the game's cover art has depicted Lara Croft with her trademark double guns (the only one to not show them is Last Revelation, she has a pistol in one hand and a flashlight in the other....and yes before anyone tries to say differently, TR II shows her holding only one pistol, yet the second is clearly visible in its holster). The package for AOD clearly shows her holding two pistols. So, where are they in the game?? I don't know. There are people in this forum propegating the false notion that if you complete the game and start over you will get them. This is a lie. I have played the game through several times now and I have not obtained them. There has been no way I have found to trade for them, purchase them, find them or otherwise "unlock" them. I have heard that there may be a possibility of getting them via the use of a GameShark for PS2. I do not have a GameShark, and even if I did that it would not constitute to them being in the game. By that method, you would only have the mythical double guns if you altered the game by using a special device. The Game (in its unaltered form) has no double guns. I have even seen screenshots of the game showing Lara with double guns. The authenticity of said screenshots is questionable to say the least and nobody has ever seemed to come forward and explain just how they got them or to defend accusations that they are perpetuating a lie with the supposed screenshots. Its not that people in this forum aren't willing to help, that happens all the time. People are constantly giving spoilers and walkthroughs and other tips or tricks. Except when it comes to the double guns. That is because there is no way to get them without somehow altering the code of the game itself, with either a GameShark or patch for a PC version. Now at the risk of sounding "too full of myself" or arrogant, I would love to be proved wrong. I would love to call someone's bluff and have them post exactly how they received double guns in this game. I would like to try their method to see if I can acheive that same result. If your method is too risky, secret or whatever you can send me a PM and explain why you feel this way, but be sure to include just how you got them. Until that happens, I can safely say that without a doubt, THERE ARE NO DOUBLE PISTOLS IN TOMB RAIDER: ANGEL OF DARKNESS.

OK, I am done ranting now....
    "Its not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey
    Click here to learn how to search this forum

Agreed.

It's in Von Croy's apartment, you get it when the cleaner drops it.

QUOTE]It's in Von Croy's apartment, you get it when the cleaner drops it[/QUOTE]

I have heard that as a way that you are supposed to get them, though I have never had the Cleaner drop double pistols. As I have stated I have played the game through 3 times now. That has yet to happen for me. So unless my game is so riddled with bugs and glitches to the point that the cleaner refuses to drop double pistols, that is not the way to get them.[

Also, the few screenshots I have seen in which Lara has double guns are all in the Louvre. She is clearly standing next to one of the glass display cabinets in the museum. And if you have played the game through, you would see that the two levels of the Lourve before and after the Hall of Seasons are both BEFORE you get to Von Croy's apartment.

I am referring to screenshots like this one;

Originally posted by delusion_
    Dual pistols _are_ in the game:

-delusion_

That is cleary the Lourve...again it is either an altered image, or the result of using a patch or GameShark. And it is still before you get to Von Croy's.

There is only 2 ways to it, they are quite abig secret item type thing in the game or some pretty big bug somehow got past testing if they did indeed test it.

I think there is a screenie on the back of the box with her with 2 guns as well, cant be arsed too check atm. also im sure that if u leave the title screen rolling for abit u get the demos like any other game and im sure i seen her with em then. Cant forget pretty much every single cutscene after paris ghetto. it wouldnt make sense for them to remove them.

One funny thing those is u neva get to pick money or items too sell after paris ghetto which is when u would most likely get them so ppl have probably spread different rumours on how to get em using the whole cash thing, there is no other point. u come across somin like 1 point where u lose alittle cash after ghetto.

Originally posted by Grave_Robber
    There is only 2 ways to it, they are quite abig secret item type thing in the game or some pretty big bug somehow got past testing if they did indeed test it.
    well if there are two ways to get them, how exactly DO you get them?

Originally posted by D3v1L80Y
    well if there are two ways to get them, how exactly DO you get them?
    what are u on about, there is nothing there saying i said there are 2 ways of getting them. I was saying that they are either some secret item type thing or some major bug is in the game which stops u getting them.

My apologies if I interpreted your post incorrectly. I read it as "There is only 2 ways to it" meaning that there are two ways to obtain them...the rest of your quote 'they are quite abig secret item type thing in the game or some pretty big bug somehow got past testing if they did indeed test it. ' I read as a free standing statement that the guns are a secret item, not as an explaination of any kind

In the prims guide, it says that you can pick up a second gun of a certain type (i don't remember which handgun) from the cleaner. But the gun mentioned, is one of the guns you get in the early paris levels, and kurtis disarms you after the louvre. It's all very confusing. I'll email core and see what they say.

sk8er

From what I gather from this forum, the Prima guide is littered with mistakes and inconsistencies ...I don't have one to judge for myself, unfortunately

ok a few points to mention here,

firstly regarding wether or not i have the played with the dual pistols in AOD, no i havent................or have i ???????

secondly regarding screen shots showing lara with dual pistols, ok you can download from the core site a package for building TR fansite's which includes among other things screen shots from the game, which clearly show lara with dual pistols, also anyone who has dl the TR windows media skin from this very sites homepage will or may have seen by clicking on the display module you can see in the screen shots lara with dual pistols killing the gaurd in the basment of the serpant rouge. none of these have been "doctored" with by me but on official eidos sites!!

thirdly, the model of lara in the game whichever costume she is wearing has 2 pistol holders..............empty

and finally for now, just because you have played the game 30 gazillion times and not got the dual pistols does not mean they are not there to be found, bought or awarded.

dual pistols or not ?? the truth is out there.............or is it

I swear on the MOST HOLY BIBLE......the dual pistols exist and I will now try and attempt to see if I can show you a pic (unfortunately I suck at transferring files and I have a sucky digital camera and I think I went past the point where I saw it and have saved over it by now because I did not know it would go away).

Anyway this is what I did and I don't know what worked.

My second runthrough I did NOT sell any items at the pawnshop (I did speak to Renard the weasel pawn dude tho)

I did seem to run up on the cleaner in the stairwell before he actually fell....but I don't recall actually picking anything up from him but the way that black dot thing goes you can pick up stuff and not really know

I did not touch steamy Lud.

This is what I saw.....right before Lara went to get the last Obscura painting, when fighting the two Knights I all of a sudden noticed that Lara had a ghostly looking pistol in her left hand. I couldn't holster it. I couldn't figure out how to fire it. It was a grey metally looking gun. I was kicking and fighting the knights on the ledge and the gun went off by itself about 3 times. I don't know what I did. I climbed up the wall with the gun and everything. It disappeared after the fight with Boaz.

This is an honest story and I stand by it. There are dual guns. I have no Gameshark or anything!

I can't believe it bleeped out Lud
    his name is Lud-****, not my fault!

That happened to me as well as a few other people at another forum BkBaby999, but with me the gun she had in her other hand was Von Croy's gun that I picked up. It eventually dissapeared.

what, the Rigg? bacause this possibly looked like a ScorpionX. But I did not have it in the BioDome or anything....I still to this day don't know where it came from or where it went but thank you for confirming that it wasn't a mirage. And it did fire on it's own at the Knights! Very strange.

Anyway, it's "dual pistols", right?

Originally posted by BkBaby999
    Anyway, it's "dual pistols", right?
    Yeah, but we've all heard this story of the ghostly pistol by the last painting about 600 times now. It doesn't really answer the question asked which is how to (honestly) obtain dual pistols to play through the game with. This ghostly pistol stuff is clearly just another bug to add to the ridiculously long list already in existence.

Sigh, does anyone know how to get them?..and by which I don't mean -'when they appear for a few brief seconds' or 'how to use gameshark'.

Well I for one, firmly believe that Eidos/Core intended on having the double guns in the game. If you look at the back of the packaging for the game, you can see two screenshots which were taken from ,most likely, the super duper beta version of the game. One of them has Lara in the Sanatarium, (which if you played the game, you know she is not the controlable character on this level, its dumba-----I mean Kurtis) she is peering around a corner with two guns in her holsters. The other shows her in the basement of Le Serpent Rouge, blasting away at some guy with two pistols in her hand (and she is wearing her 'comando' outfit, not the demin one).
    This being said I do believe that there may me a 'phantom' gun sitting in some folks holsters, and it does make at least some sense of the double firing from one gun people are having. Why they decided to release the game without her trademark weapons is still beyond me. As I can see from the poll I did in another thread ( http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=20542 ) most people have not received them. At least not received a true 'working' pair.

That picture with the double guns was a result of the trainer patch. You can select "all weapons" and you will get two different dual pistols.

I am aware that there may be patches/cheats available to give you the guns, though I have not heard of anyone actually getting them. Either way, its not the original game. My goal is to get them as a fully functional weapon...without a cheat, as some folks have claimed to. You cannot patch a PS2 anyway, which is the platform I am playing it on.

My goal is to get them as a fully functional weapon...without a cheat, as some folks have claimed to.
    So much for your admission that they weren't in the game.

Originally posted by owen10
    So much for your admission that they weren't in the game.
    Well I did say that until I am proven wrong.....

I would like to try their method to see if I can acheive that same result. .......... Until that happens, I can safely say that without a doubt, THERE ARE NO DOUBLE PISTOLS IN TOMB RAIDER: ANGEL OF DARKNESS.

and I never actually admitted that they were in the game...I HAVE said
    some folks have claimed to
    and
    Well I for one, firmly believe that Eidos/Core intended on having the double guns in the game.
    but I never said that they were in the game...

True my remarks may seem a bit 'hypocritical' or two sided...But I am 'sticking to my guns' as it were with the statement that while I may be looking for them, I still don't really believe they are there.

I still don't really believe they are there.

and that may be why you dont have them..........

There must be a way of getting dual pistols most likely dual vectors just after parisian ghetto area. in storm drains u have the 2 holsters but no 2 guns.

Maybe they messed somin up last minute, like they changed clothes in parisian ghetto to denim stuff but messed up the stuff for moving the dual vectors to a dif area.

Still even if there is a way of getting them there is hardly any ammo for em anyway