Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV Official Website and Forum

Customer Support
    - Japan
    - North America
    - Europe
    ---------------------------------------------

Fomerly Versus XIII

The wait is almost over and my Word am I ecstatic, I honestly cant hold back my joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*?????(?∀?)???!!!!!*

The re-branding of versus XIII to XV is well deserved, the game was truly big and ambitous, what are your thoughts people, are you excited as I am.............?? could barely type when I heard this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.*
    Last edited by Grimoire; 29th Nov 2016 at 08:30.

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m1sP6LMgo88" frameborder="0"></iframe>The latest Final Fantasy XV(formely Versus Xiii) trailer

I just noticed I posted in the general forum in my excitment, will create another one there, hopefully a moderator can remove this one.

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII (??????????? ?????XIII Fainaru Fantaj? Verusasu S?t?n?) is an upcoming action role-playing game published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (though initially/formerly meant exclusively for the PlayStation 3) and currently being developed by the company's 1st Production Department. It has been in development alongside Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy XIII:Lightning Returns, and Final Fantasy Type-0, the game is a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy series. Unveiled at E3 2006, the game focuses on the mysterious Noctis Lucis Caelum, the last heir of a dynasty ruling over the only remaining city to control crystals. Under unforeseen circumstances, he makes a stand against opposing kingdoms seeking to take the crystal as their own.
    According to its developers, Final Fantasy XV is a completely independent game, with different story, characters and visual design. Although set within the same Final Fantasy XIII universe and mythology, XV is unrelated to (and is thus neither sequel nor prequel to) any other Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy games.
    Initially announced with a trailer in May 2006, the game has been noted for its protracted development time;A release date is presumed to be in Q1 of 2014

Developer(s) Square Enix 1st Production Department
    Publisher(s) Square Enix
    Director(s) Tetsuya Nomura
    Producer(s) Shinji Hashimoto
    Yoshinori Kitase
    Designer(s) Tetsuya Nomura
    Artist(s) Tetsuya Nomura
    Tomohiro Hasegawa
    Takayuki Odachi
    Writer(s) Kazushige Nojima
    Tetsuya Nomura
    Composer(s) Yoko Shimomura
    Series Final Fantasy
    Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
    Engine Crystal Tools
    Luminous Studio (lighting)
    Platform(s) PlayStation 4
    Release date(s) TBA
    Genre(s) Action RPG
    Mode(s) Single-player

Official Website : eu.square-enix.com/FFXV/

Official Facebook Page:www.facebook.com/finalfantasy15jp

Gameplay footage: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_emb...

<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m1sP6LMgo88" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The latest Final Fantasy XV(formely Versus Xiii) trailer

Well for me was a dissapointment because

1. Where is the release date? after these many years we just get another trailer.

2.NO PS3 at all? only PS4?

3. So Agnis Philosphy maybe FFXVI?

4.I don'T know i done with Square Enix forverver. Who know maybe this FFXV is turn out to be ugly or something.

I am psyched, I couldn't believe it I mean FFXV/Verus to be on the PS4 automatic buy for me. Let alone they teased Kingdom Hearts 3 it will make all these years of waiting worth it I cant wait.

I think SE will reveal more info during there streaming event in the next few days, though that will focus mainly on the current titles, I think Tetsuya said something about more information being given in the coming days, I could be wrong, but am just so glad this game is finally on its way to release as a main numbered title

In my opinion, it truly deserves to be a main FINAL FANTASY title. Couldn't have turned out better after all this waiting.

To each their own.

Originally Posted by Khronik
    The brand dont deserve idiots like you, who makes it SOOOOO ridiculous!

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Show respect and consideration to other users.]

I totally agree with your statement about the upgrade Grimoire, the scale and ambition are something that truly make it standout, this would also explain the extreme silence from SE with regard to information on it, I can only imagine how much politics this must have gone through to get upgraded.

Also, the magic system looks revamped, if you noticed during the Bahemoth scene, the fire spell first built up around it , and then exploded after sometime, seems like an interesting new way of representing the spells.

No wonder Wada always seemed to talk about Versus like they were trying to push it to its limits and beyond.

Indeed. I remember Nomura talking about the fine border to what would still be regarded as "Final Fantasy", and what would not. It's a good thing that they still feel that there is plenty of room for experimentation and improvement.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    No wonder Wada always seemed to talk about Versus like they were trying to push it to its limits and beyond.

Indeed. I remember Nomura talking about the fine border to what would still be regarded as "Final Fantasy", and what would not. It's a good thing that they still feel that there is plenty of room for experimentation and improvement.
    Yeah, that might have truly been a big issue, seeing as Versus was so different yet it included much much more, imagine the presure of having to keep quiet about something so big for so long, I must say am impressed . On a side note, I hope the party member switching is still intact though. Also, am curios as to what "Link Forms" are, might be the term for limit breaks in this iteration, or might be something else entirely. One thing I really liked in the trailer was the scene where he takes out dudes climbing the building akin to the 2006 debut trailer, I was in awe and how close it looked to the cg in terms of the combat going on

I really hope they're considering releasing this on PC if it won't be a sony exclusive

It looks great, but i'll need the trailer in best quality ^^U

Looks absolutely amazing!! Graphically it is the best looking combat I've ever seen. I mean there really isn't any difference between it and CGI, looks like they are going to pull off their original goal of recreating the battle scenes of Advent Children!!!

I'm rather indifferent about the whole situation. I was definitely looking forward to playing FFXIII: Versus, but on the other hand, I was hoping FFXV would be an entirely different title. This now means we're all probably going to have to wait a whole lot longer to see a new Final Fantasy instead of getting FFXIII: Versus and another Final Fantasy game shorty thereafter.

Although I suppose I could be wrong and XVI might already be in heavy development.
    signature image

You never know ATMA, that might just be the case.

@Lonk, I totally agree man, waiting on the SE stream, they will hopefully give a better quality trailer there. Will post the link the moment I see it on the first page.

@Walker, I totally agree, theres the one scene in particular where he's standing on one ship and teleports to another, it looks so close to the cg it kills me, even the hair movement is amazing, and you get to see it well even though the quality is a bit low on the current trailer.

Here's what I personally took away from it:

The Positive: I've never been a Versus XIII fan. I just don't get it. I don't like the modernistic world setting or the emphasis on characters trying to look like designer clothing models (part of what I didn't like in 13 as well)....it's just not what Final Fantasy has always been for me, since FF1. That being said, I got the first glimpse of some story in the new trailer, and it gave me a little bit of hope that the story can make up for the setting and characters being so unappealing to me.

The Negative: I was excited when I saw "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" at the end of the video. It gave me hope there was still going to be an announcement for FF15 at this E3. One that went back to the roots of the series, and was in more of a classic Final Fantasy setting, such as FF9. Then the logo shattered and came back as FF15 and it turned into a major let down.

This entire current generation has been a black mark on the Final Fantasy franchise, and with the direction they are going at the beginning of the next generation, it doesn't install a lot of confidence for me that SE has any influential employees left who can make a main series entry that's true to the roots of the FF franchise.

I REALLY wish they could get back Sakaguchi. He's the guy that really defined what a FF game was, and it seems like the series has lost that identity since he left.

i have lost all faith in Square Enix

The HD version of X/X-2 and LR will be the last games i ever buy from them

this is has broken my gamer heart and now i must look to other companies to not do such a thing

i no longer trust SE nor will i buy a thing from them ever again

i feeel this wat simply because the title was in like with the story and nomura never wanted to make it its own Final Fantasy.....and now the make it one?

Final Fantasy is Dead to me now.;..

So thank You Square Enix

Thank you for killing Final Fantasy in cold blood...

Thank you for giving us yet another fantastic game to look forward too, Square Enix. ^_-

Originally Posted by Atma

I'm rather indifferent about the whole situation. I was definitely looking forward to playing FFXIII: Versus, but on the other hand, I was hoping FFXV would be an entirely different title. This now means we're all probably have to wait a whole lot longer to see a new Final Fantasy instead of getting FFXIII: Versus and another Final Fantasy game shorty thereafter.

Although I suppose I could be wrong and XVI might already be in heavy development.

They have said with the new engine that they have the time in between FF releases will be shorter but since nomura will be pre occupied with KH3 dont expect an ff title from his team at least which idm since hey its kh3 too add though i dont see it releasing in Q1 just because LR comes out then its too short of a window my money is on Q2 to early Q3 2014

and one last note since kh3 is in development it means 15/v13 is almost done if not done. because nomura said he wont work on kh3 until hes basically done with this project first

Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... Last