Thread: FFXIV: Registration - Questions and Help

FFXIV: Registration - Questions and Help

Originally Posted by imported_Christopher

It drives me crazy that I can't seem to register my game till it comes out... This to me seems very outdated, It should auto link your purchase to your account stating that you have purchased "such and such game." expecially if you purchased from there site.

One reason they might not allow this is because your card/method of payment won't be billed until the item ships, and so you could cancel your purchase at anytime and cause them headaches. Just a thought.

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum].

I never even received a code I ordered from na SquareEnix store but no code and no confirmation just thanx for order is all and haven't billed my visa... Did my order go thru or am I gonna miss all the pre-order goodies???? Where me codes SE

I was actually charged and received confirmation with the code described above in my first post. I've pre-ordered Collector's Edition for PC (not digitial) from Square-Enix store since it is an exclusive here. They charged me and I got the code in confirmation email. And the link they provided in that confirmation email to register the code took me to the website to register my email address for a newsletter. So i guess I have to wait until they send me a nother email note when i can actually input that code and register it somewhere.

Can someone point me to the right direction, I got the e-mail from SE about verisons 1 users able to get beta access, I logged into my account and I am not seeing any direction for any codes, I downoaded the client and logged in with my account credentials and its asking me the registration code for beta.

Am I not a version users? or is there another level to this? I purchased the game when it first came out, saw the game dying when I started playing, had a GM gave me a few million gil before the game ended.. which I thought was kinda nice of him...

Any direction or info would be nice.

Thank you.

go to the original FF14 forums, lodestone, your best bet in finding an answer is there.

So for every ps3 user trying to register now, a few things to note.

first step, register your beta code on squnix's 'preparebeta' site www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/inde..., you'll go through a wizard where it asks you for you beta code. When completed, you can log into your square enix account to verify it's registerd. you'll also get an email.

now on your ps3, download ffxiv beta via the instructions in the email.
    the link above talks about going to the forums, but honestly it's so hammered right now i wouldnt bother, just try it later. I think that part is mostly for PC users so they can download the client. Any pc users can confirm for me? Anyways...

Here is the part where all the funkiness happens.
    the ps3 browser sucks so you might get stuck where it's telling you the steps you need to take, or to enter a one time password, or basically any page where you should see a 'next' or 'ok' or 'login' button.

You might be asking, do i need a one time password? is it frozen? Nope, the browser just sucks and didnt load a visible button lol ^^; but it's there, so try moving your mouse below the area where you were prompted to confirm or enter information, and your mouse should change from a cursor to a hand, click on the invisible button there and you'll be taken to the next step.

Hope this helps any of you ps3 users strugling with this.

Also: did you get a UK code? are you in NA? Try it before you call support or create a new account. Lots of reports that NA players have been able to register UK codes without additional busy work. Myself included.

I am having an issue trying to get this to wrok, and I didn't see it covered in your topic. I got a beta invite for the PS3. I take the link in the email, same link you have above, and click here to register your beta code. Then it takes you to the login screen, but everytime I try to log in it's saying invalid username or password and I literally just made this account, it's driving me nuts and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for your help Nephlyte, much appreciated. but I still can't get in. I can see the buttons fine, but it keeps telling me my Square-Enix password is incorrect, even though it's obviously not, seeing as how I can hop on my pc and reply in the forums, no? it works fine logging me in to the square enix forums. but on my ps3, no dice. i've done it many, many times to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. the only thing I can think of is this one-time password thing, that you said is not required.

Originally Posted by imported_Colin

I am having an issue trying to get this to wrok, and I didn't see it covered in your topic. I got a beta invite for the PS3. I take the link in the email, same link you have above, and click here to register your beta code. Then it takes you to the login screen, but everytime I try to log in it's saying invalid username or password and I literally just made this account, it's driving me nuts and I don't know how to fix it.

Same here. I got on the PS3 ok. but can't log in there either

After you enter info with the PS3, if you hit start it adds a space, remeber to remove the space.

I'm having login issues too. I even made a new Square Enix account and it took my code and everything.. Gaaah, this is frustrating.

I got in.... Again. Phew, but don't keep entering your one time password, that was my mistake.

my problem is that.. it keeps stopping while downloading the beta client patches. It just stops @ almost finished.. and then it restarts..... all over again...

Originally Posted by bigmangriff
    After you enter info with the PS3, if you hit start it adds a space, remeber to remove the space.
    nope. the whole space after input thing is not the problem, either.

Yeah, I have the same problem with the Ps3 beta registration. I have a SE account, verified it, and now Im in the Ps3 browser where it is asking me to input my SE ID and password. I hit the login button and it tells me that my ID or password is incorrect.

Originally Posted by imported_Marlon
    Thanks for your help Nephlyte, much appreciated. but I still can't get in. I can see the buttons fine, but it keeps telling me my Square-Enix password is incorrect, even though it's obviously not, seeing as how I can hop on my pc and reply in the forums, no? it works fine logging me in to the square enix forums. but on my ps3, no dice. i've done it many, many times to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. the only thing I can think of is this one-time password thing, that you said is not required.
    hmm, try and log in here secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/L...

if you can log into that, use those same credentials for the ps3 setup page, then hit the login button.

if it still doesnt work, then their login server is probably getting hammered. I know they had a maintenance message on there a bit ago, but i dont see it on there now.

you definitely do not need to enter a 1 time password if this is the first time your playin xiv. i'm assuming 1.0 players do.

Originally Posted by Nephlyte

first step, register your beta code on squnix's 'preparebeta' site www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/inde..., you'll go through a wizard where it asks you for you beta code. When completed, you can log into your square enix account to verify it's registerd. you'll also get an email.

the link above talks about going to the forums, but honestly it's so hammered right now i wouldnt bother, just try it later. I think that part is mostly for PC users so they can download the client. Any pc users can confirm for me? Anyways...

the ps3 browser sucks so you might get stuck where it's telling you the steps you need to take, or to enter a one time password, or basically any page where you should see a 'next' or 'ok' or 'login' button.

You might be asking, do i need a one time password? is it frozen? Nope, the browser just sucks and didnt load a visible button lol ^^; but it's there, so try moving your mouse below the area where you were prompted to confirm or enter information, and your mouse should change from a cursor to a hand, click on the invisible button there and you'll be taken to the next step.

Also: did you get a UK code? are you in NA? Try it before you call support or create a new account. Lots of reports that NA players have been able to register UK codes without additional busy work. Myself included.
    does everyone have to have a one time password?

Originally Posted by edgardo
    my problem is that.. it keeps stopping while downloading the beta client patches. It just stops @ almost finished.. and then it restarts..... all over again...
    not sure how familar you are with using cmd line, but trying pinging google.

ping www.google.com -t

just so we can rule out that it isnt your connection. if it's consistent, you can probably safely say it's the NA squex server and you'll just need to sit tight untill the butt load of players all stop hammering it right now ^^

if you can log into that, use those same credentials for the ps3 setup page, then hit the login button.

if it still doesnt work, then their login server is probably getting hammered. I know they had a maintenance message on there a bit ago, but i dont see it on there now.

you definitely do not need to enter a 1 time password if this is the first time your playin xiv. i'm assuming 1.0 players do.
    thanks for the link. It still does not work for me. still getting a message saying my id or password is incorrect. Is my SE ID the same as my SE username that I use to log-in to the SE website?

Originally Posted by Riosuke

does everyone have to have a one time password?

nope, if you didnt play 1.0, you do NOT need a 1-time password. you just need to make sure the credentials you type in here work secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/L...

yess exactly. or make a new account

Originally Posted by imported_Wesley

thanks for the link. It still does not work for me. still getting a message saying my id or password is incorrect. Is my SE ID the same as my SE username that I use to log-in to the SE website?

ah, there's your problem. It might be different actually. So see if you can recover your password and or username via that link i sent you, then try and log into that site again. If it works, then try it on the ps3. Should be good after that =)

Also i'm assuming you played ffxi. if not, create a new account. the na-square enix site is different from the vanilla square enix site. the vanilla site, allows you to link mmo's to your account, billing stuff etc. the na square enix site is for essentially everything else. I would make your username and password for both sites the same if you able to avoid any future headaches.

Originally Posted by imported_Wesley

ah, there's your problem. It might be different actually. So see if you can recover your password and or username via that link i sent you, then try and log into that site again. If it works, then try it on the ps3. Should be good after that =)

Also i'm assuming you played ffxi. if not, create a new account. the na-square enix site is different from the vanilla square enix site. the vanilla site, allows you to link mmo's to your account, billing stuff etc. the na square enix site is for essentially everything else. I would make your username and password for both sites the same if you able to avoid any future headaches.
    oh, ok? so how do I get to the vanilla site? wont it be a problem for me to register under the same email adress? And no, I have not played FF14 yet. I just got the ps3 beta code this morning.

So, this morning I recieved the e-mail with my beta product key and registration key
    I went to my ps3 logged in and input the product key
    The product downloaded successfully but said i had to link my square enix account and my ps3 account and register the game to continue

I, for one, don't know how to connect the 2 accounts and when I go to register a new game the reigstration key they gave me has 1 more section grouped letters than what's provided... Idk what i'm doing wrong...
    (I've not recieved any region errors yet so i don't know if when i get this situated on entering at the right place or what i'll get it then idk???)

Page 2 of 56 First First 1234561252 ... Last