Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Noel Kreiss

Noel Kreiss

cool ^_^ and very interesting.

Originally Posted by Squall-Nathan
    I got confused regarding Noel though. Remember about halfway through when he started saying that his memories were getting lost and unclear? What ever happened to that in the plot? I thought that maybe as they were resolving the paradoxes his future was becoming less an less of a possibility until eventually he would cease to exist. Kind of like how in FFX when ***SPOILERS*** they defeated all of the Fayths and caused Tidus to disappear. ***SPOILERS*** but to my surprise he was still there at the end. Which isn't a bad thing at all. He contributed a lot to the character roster and even called out Snow. lol

so he didn't dissapear after that? nice ^^

he is conveniently very well schooled in legends from the past, thats for sure. even though his memory is supposed to be fried. kinda far fetched to believe hes the last human ever, & people believe him when he starts ranting on about his insights on time traveling.

as far as using him as a playable character, hes the prototypical, strange hued, spikey-haired FF protagonist i suppose.

i do like the idea of having monsters in the party, as opposed to too many annoying characters that talk too much anyway.

Noel reminded me so much of snow just in the fact there both in their own way heros and all they have on their mind is to protect serah. however Noel doesnt go around screaming her name every ten seconds and telling people hes the hero. and yeah first impressions was soras big brother but then i seen him in his first battle and wielding the duel sword combo thing yeah sora has nothing on noel. personally i think they should have just left serah out of the game and left noel by himself he would probably get more done that way.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

I think Noel Kreiss is the first really solid male protagonist the series has had since maybe IX, not counting XII's Balthier since I usually associate XII with Ivalice Alliance and not the main series. I think it's great that we have a level-headed male protagonist again.

I concur. I really want to see what happened to him in the third one. It is his happiness that I care about not Lightening's.

I rather like Noel. He's an interesting character with a sad past which gives him strong resolve to save the future and help Serah find Lightning. He reminds me a bit of Fang and Vanille.

Originally Posted by LightningFarr0n

Honestly, I kind of like him better for Serah than Snow. Just my opinion though ^^

Oh, also, I kind of like that match as well. The first time I played the XIII saga it was the trial for XIII-2, so I didn't know anything about Snow and Serah. Noel and Serah look really good together. However, Snow and Serah is okay too.

first time i see it, i thoug "squall its back?!" haha, i like it Noel, one of my favourites characters on FF

I absolutely LOVED Noel. And I thought he made a much better match for Serah than Snow. Noel really cares for Serah and supported her in ways that Snow couldn't. Snow reminds me too much of my ex. Bossy, arrogant and rude. Even Serah and Hope would have been a better match than Serah and Snow.

Originally Posted by jrhall22
    I absolutely LOVED Noel. And I thought he made a much better match for Serah than Snow. Noel really cares for Serah and supported her in ways that Snow couldn't. Snow reminds me too much of my ex. Bossy, arrogant and rude. Even Serah and Hope would have been a better match than Serah and Snow.
    I agree! He was more caring for Serah whereas I feel that Snow put becoming a hero before Serah.

I've never really liked Snow all that much. "Hero" this, "Hero" that... "Hero" is a title given by others. Not claimed by one's self. But, that's just "Snow", I guess. At least he takes "action" like a leader should.

Originally Posted by alanman178
    I've never really liked Snow all that much. "Hero" this, "Hero" that... "Hero" is a title given by others. Not claimed by one's self. But, that's just "Snow", I guess. At least he takes "action" like a leader should.
    Exactly! I totally agree

Noel felt like a character that escaped from an alternate FF realm. Within XIII it feels like anything is possible, even within the time/space continuum being shifted. Perhaps its a quest of redemption, but in the long run a hero with a cause.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12