Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: The Zodiac Mod

The Zodiac Mod

The Zodiac Mod

Steve Tack has released Part 2 of his Zodiac mod. You can download it here: Zodiac Download Page. Until Steve gets problems with the full version fixed, you'll need to download and install Part 1 before you can install Part 2.

This mod follows Paul Denton on his own mission starting from Tracer Tong's lab.

That was excellent!! I can't wait until Part 3!!

How many single player mods are out there besides Zodiac? Is there somewhere you can find a list of all of them that are playable?

if you go to planetdeusex they have all the mods and single levels........

ZODIAC is incredible. I wish... uhhh...damn, forgot what I was going to say. Something about all DX fans playing Zodiac. They should.

The only gripe I have is that the storyline is as complex as hell. I'm at the Page BioTech building in Level 2, and still have no clue what the crap I'm doing there. Looking for a lab that will allow a Far Eastern FBI agent with some thermaoptic camo to link herself to a semi-sentient computer developed by I-don't-know-who but wanted by Bob Page that'll help me find a secret underground MJ12 facility. I think.

Whatever. If you loved DX, you will be blown over by ZODIAC.

its funny also, i dont know if anyone noticed this but in part 2, in that ofice, its sopused to be the office in ofice space. its so damn funny

Zodiac part 2 full installer now available here

Question Zodiac

Hi,
    I downloaded the zodiac setup part 1 and 2; question:in which directory should I put it? Directly in Deus ex or a submap?

Mars

Re: Zodiac

Originally posted by Mars
    I downloaded the zodiac setup part 1 and 2; question:in which directory should I put it? Directly in Deus ex or a submap?
    Just let the installer do it for you. It wll put it in a sub-folder.

When I'm at the end of part one, (at Jock's helicopter) it can't connect to part two, allthough I downloaded it too in Deus Ex. I replayed part one and it still doesn't work somehow.
    Does anyone has a solution?
    It's a great mod.

By the way I played Deus ex four times in reality...The best game still..Can't wait to see DX2

Mars

Hmmm, mine played through fine.

The only thing I can think of is possibly because the 2 parts are installed into different places. Check the folder that you installed part 2 in to see if the part one files are still there. If not, keep a copy of your save games and uninstall and reinstall both to the same place.

Question

Still doesn't work. It says can't find the next file to go into part 2.
    And another thing, the conversations have no sound in part 1.
    I give up...

Mars

The writer of Zodiac couldn't afford the voice actors for the main conversations, so rather than do it with voices of friends, which would sound awful he just left it as the subtitles. that is normal and expected behavior.

My last thought for starting Part 2 would be to go back a save game or 2 as it is possible that the last save game could be corrupt.

Other than that, is there anything on the Zodiac web site that helps? have you tried e-mailing Steve tack - the developer - through the web site?

Mars, you should install the mod in your "main" DX folder. So if you installed DX in C:\DeusEx, then you should make sure that "C:\DeusEx" appears in the installer. The Part 1 installer was smarter about grabbing your install location from the registry (but the Part 2 installer is smarter about .ini files).

Your Part 2 problems could indeed be caused by installing the files into the wrong locations. To check that, go to your \DeusEx\ZodiacMaps folder and look at the file size of the file 72_Zodiac_BuenosAires.dx. If it's really small, then you need to re-install Part 2.

And yeah, there's no voice acting in ZODIAC, other than Milton.

Question

I installed 1 and 2 in the same location, on my second hard disc E:\.
    But for the second part it 's installing a map apart from the first zodiac .So I reinstalled them both a few times now and put part 2 in the system map now , where it also again installed it separately as a map called DeusEx. The 72_Zodiac_Buenosaires.dx. is 4,91 MB .Should be right?

I will try as Orinoco said to play from a few saves back,and not the quicksave.

I enjoyed the first part, which was very good, I hope I can connect to the second part...

Mars

I'm playing it and am at Page Biotech, but Stephen Graham is nowhere to be found. I couldn't even spawn him. First time through, I knocked some researchers unconscious, so I replayed in case that had interfered with his meeting me. It wasn't so.

So did they scrap Mr. Graham in favor of another key delivery method? If not, where is he?

He's in an office/lab near the Mesoscale Biocomputing sign. That's in the same general area where the "blue glowy" guy is.

Thank you, sir.

I have a problem. When I press on the Zodiac shortcut it says something like "Could not locate Zodiac.exe". Hotel Carone works well, but I cannot get Zodiac to work. I did change the install file from c:\deusex to E:\Games\Deus Ex\Zodiac. Would this make a difference?

Thanks

Question

Also I get that same error in the Cassandra Project. It is weird because Hotel Carone works. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Never mind fixed it.

Originally posted by Lock
    Never mind fixed it.
    Would you mind telling us how? Just in case somebody else runs into it (the same error I mean), you know?

I tried installing the mod into its own folder but instead installed in into the deus ex folder

problem
    install_
    C:\DeusEx\Cassandra

doesnt work

instead
    C:\DeusEx
    this works

hey, i have a question about mods since im a bit new to it all...

In the installaton instuctions for all the mods i've tried installing, it tells me to edit the user.ini file..... but they tell me to edit a section that doesn't exist... eg. a mod that gives me several new weapons says

*II.INSTALATION.
    Extract the U file to your DeusEx\System folder. Open your
    DeusEx ini file, go to [Editor.EditorEngine] section and add:

EditPackages=Hejhujka

This U file contail all classes, meshes, sounds and textures.
    You need to delete the 1.1. version of my mod before installing this version!!!

But i dont have an [Editor.EditorEngine] section in my user.ini!!!

Hello everybody,I 'm a huge fan of DE like most of people here I imagin,and there's a question I would ask:

what is exactly a "mod" ?

I 'd add that I'm a newbie concerning games on PC...explains clearly,please,sometimes i'm not really "gifted"

and...I have another question,equally:

what did I have to do in order to play a game online ?

I tryed with AVP 2,nothing...with SOF II,same thing...

who could help me ?

Axel

Page 1 of 3 123 Last