Thread: Why is there no FFIX remake?

Why is there no FFIX remake?

Everyone I know thinks that their should be a remake or at least a sequel for IX because "its the best game in the series". I know a lot of people want remakes of VII and VIII but one of the reasons it deserves a remake is that it got overshadowed by both the hype from the earlier VII and the following X which came out only a year after it on PS2. On a lot of message boards as well I have seen a request for a remake or sequel for IX more than any other and in 2009 IGN interviewed Yoshinori Kitase and Takeshi Arakawa who stated they desired a remake of IX over all else. So with the series straying far from their roots now and so much demand for the old FF style, why is it that there will be a remake of X/X-2 and not IX?

Regarding a remake, if I had to guess, it is possible that they consider the Playstation network to be that.

As for a sequel, the trick to them might be how they could pick up from that. 10 has a bit of a downer ending that they wanted to resolve, 7 has been a mixed bag of prequels and sequels due to the games immsnese popularity. (Popularity of said sequels is a mixed bag however) and 12....I don't really know where they got the idea for that sequel but im getting a bit sidetracked. XD

What would a sequel for Final Fantasy 9 be is a better question since the marvelous game had a pretty tidy wrap up.

i wish very hardly that same meke a remake of ff9 for ps 4 .

Please anwer me, Dear Square Enix

Dear Square Enix!!!
    I am from Russia. I know your language not very well, but i want to ask you about only thing. I want wery well that You continue your best game --- Final Fantasy 9. It is very greatest game for me abd my friends and family. I grow with this game and i like this. Every year i finish ff9 and think about you can create continues for this. If you wanr something ideas i can say you about this. I am 16 and i am writer in my city journal and sometimes i write about this game. I want continue fo Final Fantasy IX and like this game very well.
    Why you don` do continues ? It it cool.
    Thank` for read my smoll letter,
    Please anwer me. I will be very happy as and a lot people in world!
    That's For this game and your hard working

There has to be at lest a sequel! What happen to Kuja? Where did Zidane go and why? Did Zidane and Dagger get married? Is Kuja really going to die? What about Mikoto? She the newest the Angel of Death! What if she followed in Kuja's steps? Or will Kuja finish what he started? Gasp! What if he fell in love!? OMG, my old fangirl side is showing again!

Originally Posted by zmwhit
    Everyone I know thinks that their should be a remake or at least a sequel for IX because "its the best game in the series". I know a lot of people want remakes of VII and VIII but one of the reasons it deserves a remake is that it got overshadowed by both the hype from the earlier VII and the following X which came out only a year*after it*on PS2. On a lot of message boards as well I have seen a request for a remake or sequel for IX*more than any other*and*in 2009*IGN interviewed *Yoshinori Kitase and Takeshi Arakawa who stated they desired a remake of IX over all else. So with the series straying far from their roots now and so much demand for the old FF style, why is it that there will be a remake of*X/X-2 and not IX?
    Final Fantasy Tactics is the best game in the series

I may be in they minority for saying this but i'd rather have a FF9 remake over a FF7 remake.

Originally Posted by Tsuko85
    Final Fantasy Tactics is the 2nd best game in the series behind IX.
    Fixed.

It's kind of being treated as an underdog by Square Enix, despite that for many fans it is one of the series' best entries.

Originally Posted by moooka
    It's kind of being treated as an underdog by Square Enix, despite that for many fans it is one of the series' best entries.
    Exactly

The odds of a FFIX remake are even slimmer than the those of a FFVII remake, even though a VII remake won't happen in the near future, at least the heads of Square Enix actually gives it a thought while FFIX continues to be always be overlooked as always.

Everyone who were involved with IX has left Square Enix years ago so maybe that explains why game is so underrated by the current staff.

hmmmmm i keep wondering why square is having second thoughts on making remakes for 7,8 and 9 while they made a lot of remakes for old final fantasy installments on different consoles before >.< ... If ever there will be a remake for those 3 series, FF fans like me will surely play it though i prefer not to change anything on the game system. hahaha

Man, I want a FFIX game so much for my PC! I love that game and wish Square Enix would remake it. FFIX is the game that got me to play video games, and I still think it is the best one in the Final Fantasy series! Please, Square Enix, remake the game. Making it would be worth your while...I know a lot of people who'd buy it in a heartbeat, my self included.

FF9 is one of my absolute favorite games of all time, and I have a lot of good memories that go with being a 9 and 10 year old becoming Zidane.

I could definitely think of a few good ideas for a remake, though admittedly, I find it kind of hard to picture a sequel (see comments above. Picking up where they left off would be more than tricky. Iffy, even.)

Personally, I would like refined but unadulterated versions of some of the original systems (like Trance, the armor system and responding ability learning method) but I would love to see some changes that don't deviate the original feel of the story. PSX RPG's are just bland these days. It's just the truth. Now if they were to have an open and interactive world, that would be awesome. Not wanting to give away my ideas for free (I have dreams, y'know), I wont say too much of what I have in mind, but yes: FF9 remake. And yes: do some changes. But mainly: keep it true.

I think it's time for a remake. Graphics and dynacmics cannot be better at this time. Taking gameplaying and the essence of this game in the way of not changing art-style but adding voices to the cinematics and stuff. I would buy it the day 1 of selling.

I think if they make a sequel it would be to explain where Necron comes from.

He there was not wven a hint that he exists.

And maybe Ozma.

But a remake would be awesome.

Square Enix should put more attention on this game Final Fantasy 9. It has has wonderful Characters and Very Nice story this game Final Fantasy 9 is the best among the Final Fantasy series. Hoping they will remade this I will wait even it will take long. Maybe someone could contact the admin of sqaure enix to suggest about remaking this game I really love FF9