View Poll Results: Are you happy with AOD?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 56.86%
  • No

88 43.14%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Are you happy with AOD?

Thumbs Up I Love It!

Seriously… I Have All The Other Tomb Raiders To, But TRAOD Is The Smoothest.
    After A Couple Of Hours Of Playing, You Will Finally Get The Hang Of The Controls.
    I Must Say (It Could Just Be Me :S) I Never Jump Right… Whether I Jump To Far (That’s Mostly The Case) Or I Don’t Make It Whit A Jump Or I Jump To The Wrong Side (Mostly Happens When I Hop ).
    I Can’t See How Far I Must Jump… In The previous TRs You Could Count The “Fields” And You Would Know How Far To Jump.
    But Anyways… Despise That… I Love All The Other Controls.
    This Tomb Raider Also Looks So Smooth… So Detailed. So In The Beginning I Often Mistaken A Coca Can Whit A Other Item That You Can Pick Up.
    The Camera Angel: What’s EveryBody Nagging About?! When The Camera Angel Is The Way Most Don’t Like It… It Doesn’t Have To Be Different, Cause You Don’t Have To See AnyThing Else. (I’m Am At Level 14, So I Don’t Know How “#####” The Camera Angel Is In The UpComing Level)
    The Story: It Has A Story Line?! You Don’t Go Meaningless Through Levels AnyMore?! It’s Easy To Play.
    And Finally Our Mystery Man . How Doesn’t Like Him?! I Can’t Wait Till I Can Play Whit Him (Don’t Think Funny).
    Greetzzz Chunnie ;)

Lightbulb To Poll Or Not To Poll

Wooow?!
    I Forgot SomeThing?!
    Lara Can Finally Kick Some Ass?! (Can I Say That On The Forum?!)
    I Always Wanted Her To Kick And Hit People… And Now She Can!! I’m Loving It :P
    Cause It Gets Kinde (Is That A Word… How Do You Wright It?) Boring If You Can Only Shoot People And Then When Your Out Of Bullets Your Helpless…?! But No More!!
    Does AnyOne Agree?! Is There A Poll For This… Does SomeOne Want To Make A Poll About That?... Do I Have To Make It?
    Greetzzz Chunnie ;)

AOD made my toes curl.

Big Grin

Not that we needed that awful picture now stuck in our heads

Cool Great Game

I have to agree with the posts that say this game is great and look forward to the next one. I finished using a pc and found the only bug was the Metro Cafe person half there. I thought the artwork and body movements were more lifelike than past TRs. Good music, good story line for the most part. Her conversations with people were good. You can't be just killing monsters all of the time. I can see some of the points about wanting more archeology thrown in, but the museum was great.

No, the game doesn't run. But mostly, EIDOS provides no support. This is simply not a good company. They hurry products out the door to pay their bills, and aren't concerned with customers. I'm glad I got AOD for free, because if I'd paid for it I'd have simply been ripped off. Anyone know a direct "support" contact for EIDOS? I'll bet not,

They hide from customers...

cdr

Thumbs Down oh my.....

**goes pale of shock*

Money is what makes a company,they hurried it to be finished 'till X'mas or close to it,but Core had 3 friggin years,so both of them are to blame on this one!

Whenever I or the buddy that used my comp because theirs was broken,send the Question about two games, I/we got reply in a day or two and I'm serious.
    I guess it depends to u,stop calling them lousy company and they MAY help u then

If u also got the game (with the manual) behind there is like a full support page(address,numbers,sites)I wish I can scan it for you to see,so u'r lucky on this one :P

Re: oh my.....

Originally posted by Invincible
    **goes pale of shock*

Money is what makes a company,they hurried it to be finished 'till X'mas or close to it,but Core had 3 friggin years,so both of them are to blame on this one!

Whenever I or the buddy that used my comp because theirs was broken,send the Question about two games, I/we got reply in a day or two and I'm serious.
    I guess it depends to u,stop calling them lousy company and they MAY help u then

If u also got the game (with the manual) behind there is like a full support page(address,numbers,sites)I wish I can scan it for you to see,so u'r lucky on this one :P
    Could you rephrase this in English? Use whole sentences, real words, that sorta thing...

EIDOS doesn't provide direct support, they hide from it. Am I missing a direct contact for this? I tried for half-an-hour to find a link on their site (AOD isn't listed, for instance, on many of these pages). I found an update using google, but couldn't find one here. And the bottom line -- The program just doesn't RUN. And it gives NO information, just opens and crashes.

Do you consider this "acceptable?" Apparently. But I don't. It's simply bad programming, and bad customer help.

Lightbulb Re: Re: oh my.....

Originally posted by cdr
    Could you rephrase this in English? Use whole sentences..bla bla
    If u don't getit,then u'r not sucha smart a$$ u seem to sound ,now r ya

On the whole thing-I think,ok i know,Eidos is wit me on this one,hee hee

Originally posted by cdr
    The program just doesn't RUN And it gives NO information, just opens and crashes.
    Are u talking about the game??It happens,don't burn it now.Have updated your drivers?Checked the requirements? Gone HERE u would see that there is support for every game.
    Luckily for u,photobucket doesn't work,again,so wait for a screenshot another day

Originally posted by cdr
    Am I missing a direct contact for this?
    Yep,must be it!

Originally posted by BkBaby999
    people were complaining and people were complaining about other people complaining BEFORE it even came out on PC. I know because I've been attempting to play it on PS2 ever since June 20th and am very aware of the dissatisfaction level because I was one of the first to point out that there were problems. PC users and PS2 users that are having problems with AoD are having the SAME problems:basically summed up-freezes/crashes, slowdowns, glitches with black areas or spots where lara falls thru a blue or green screen and doesn't ever die, and control issues. It's not a PS2 or PC issue, it's an issue with the game in general no matter what you are playing it on. So please don't try to twist it up like the PC version is worse because I specifically remember the entire week after June 20th when I listed those exact problems and everybody in the UK and those waiting for the PC version were saying that those versions would be better than the US PS2 messed up version. People were saying that Core had designed a game that was so great that the PS@ couldn't handle the load Now there are people who have chose to downplay their problems because they consider themselves huge Tomb Raider fans or whatever and those who are disappointed in whatever fashion but don't make stuff up because it's not a PC vs PS2 problem at all.......the game is flawed and glitchy on both systems and that is a simple verifiable fact!!!! Just because you may choose to ignore your small glitches and not believe that other people have major glitches is based on your experience and not reality.

I don't care if you love it, hate it, whatever but get your facts straight please. I have the game, I played through the whole game on Playstation 2 and it had all sorts of issues going on and it STILL does! Just today I went to try to play it again and as I was leaving Le Serpent Rouge I went to go through a door and Lara exited to a blue blank area and proceeded to free fall to a green blank area and fall and fall and fall and fall. Now where's my patch or systems changes that I could do to prevent that from happening....hummmm

It's not the system, for most people it's really not your computer, it's not dirt, it's not that your PS2 is dusty......the GAME is MESSED UP-you deal with that and be honest about it you can love it all you want but DO NOT LIE ABOUT THIS GAME BEING PERFECT!!! And I'm sorry that I'm really mad about that but it just isn't right or fair anymore for the consumer to be blamed for something that we didn't deserve.........we did not deserve this, and we are not being difficult or mean or making stuff up or trying to play with faulty systems and just blaming it on CORE/Eidos because it's fun to do so.
    Christ, CHILL OUT. You make it sound like people are deliberately trying to ruin your whole day! People have a right to complain, and, call me a fool, but most of the time, the problems with the game, at least on the PC version, ARE related to not having a computer than can handle the game. Mine was fine. Before you go at people's throats about conclusions that you can't prove, think.

Cool

I never had any problems. ( PC ) I was running a P4 1.7 ghz with a not expensive Nvidia card 440 g-force 2 with only 512 ddr memory. Upgraded the card later but had no problems really at all. Everything was great, life was great, the birds were singing ......

unhappy with aod

I have been very patient with this game, and previous ones as well but it seems that I am spending more time trying to patch or figure out how to fix my games, I decided that I am not enjoying this game with all the fustrations, I think that I will send the entire aod package back to eidos. There is other games out there that I can play and not have to go through so much fustration, I cannot believe that I have wasted money on this game. Ps and I dont remember a tombraider game that I have not had a single problem with. I do like the game but not worth it. Guess the competition won because I am moving on to other games.
    Eidos... I am not a happy customer.
    Goldndobe

Cool reply for goldndobe

Hey Pizano! Here are a couple of suggestions. Don't know if you have tried them yet. Have a PC set aside for gaming, or have pull out hard drives, one with your normal programs and e-mail, etc and one for your game. This way nothing is running in the background or sharing resources. Also check your startup and remove anything in there as this will use resources. In addition XP Pro (not home edition) is the fastest OS for games. It has a new HAL (hardware access layer) that speaks to the hardware in a modular way that is superior to the other microsoft OSs. I tested this myself. Use a serial ATA hard drive or an EIDE with an 8mb buffer. I like Western Digital. Last, do not be running ANY virus or firewall software on the machine as this will slow it way down and keep it off the internet. Use your other system or hard drive for that. Hope this helps !

Cool

Yes,that's a good idea,sadly it costs

When i get the other one,I'll use this for Net and other things,
    and the gaming-one that I'm gonna upgrade every month (stupid requirements,they think of something new every day ),is for the gaming.....Now all I need to do...is to get one

thank you

Thank you for the reply,... did think about the second computer that I was going to use for just that purpose, I do like the game just got fustrated and this idea might just do it. Thank you....
    Goldndobe
    PS,, you made my day

Smile

I'am very happy with AOD!! Sure it had some bugs, but what game doesn't!!
    It was so cool to see Lara larger than life. The graphics were wonderful as well as the storyline!
    Most of us have no warning before we go..."Mind that bus!! What Bus??..Splat.....*Arnold J. Rimmer*

I love this game (you can now climb around corners. This is realism and the way it should have been in the first place) The one down side (not counting the glitches) is KURT! Dude, you have that Glove of Chiklets or whatever and you use a wimpie gun? C'mon! Anyway, best 14.99 I spent at Circuit City (PS2 version with free trading cards)
    Living in the great State of Confusion

Originally posted by hunk-studley
    Anyway, best 14.99 I spent at Circuit City (PS2 version with free trading cards)
    Wow! $14.99 What a great bargain, I couldn't wait to get the game so I think I bought it the 2nd day it was released. ANd of course spent full price for it. LOL.
    Most of us have no warning before we go..."Mind that bus!! What Bus??..Splat.....*Arnold J. Rimmer*

Re: Re: Re: oh my.....

Originally posted by Invincible
    If u don't getit,then u'r not sucha smart a$$ u seem to sound ,now r ya

On the whole thing-I think,ok i know,Eidos is wit me on this one,hee hee

Did you major in Eubonics as well? You write, poorly, and you think it's some badge of honor. So it goes...

Are u talking about the game??It happens,don't burn it now.Have updated your drivers?Checked the requirements? Gone HERE u would see that there is support for every game.
    Luckily for u,photobucket doesn't work,again,so wait for a screenshot another day [/B]
    EVERYTHING on my system is fully updated, that's the problem. I don't have other avenues to explore.

And, to your contrast, the very link you kindly provided above for EIDOS support DOESN'T even provide a link (pulldown) for this game. Didn't you notice that before you posted it? Thanks for the "help"...

That's my point, their support is quite lacking when they don't provide links to their own games. I've sent them two emails about it. Guess how many responses I've gotten?

I don't know what you're talking about with "photobucket" and "screenshots." I'm just trying to run the game...

CDR

Post *clears throat*

Well since u wish for the intelectual writing,how about this..

The link you requested kindly about the Technical Support, I mentioned in my previous post. You CLICK your specs,and the corresponding choices in the next small window appears.

If I missunderstood your painly request,you'll have to excuse me,never happened to me before.

Hope you will sort it out,now excuse me I have to get my cup of tea.
    Good Luck!

Big Grin

YES IM HAPPY.THE GAME COULD DO A LITTLE MORE HELPING CAUSE I GET STUCK EASALY

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910