Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Jobs, Classes and Races

FFXIV: Jobs, Classes and Races

FFXIV: Jobs, Classes and Races

Last edited by Grimoire; 26th Oct 2013 at 13:33.

The Kingdom Hearts / Final Fantasy April Fools joke was good too, I think this would of left fans a bit more confused.

Im thinking 3 different classes either Lancer,Maurder, or Gladiator my guys gonna be the Big Guy cant remember what the race is called so what one do you guys think would be more helpful and easy to solo when needed

Lancer's are more squishy but they do a lot of damage. If you don't know how to play safely, for the beginning, you either might die a lot or you'll get through it easily. Since they do lots of damage.

Gladiators do combo like damages in quick successions but their damage is a bit weaker compared to Lancers and Marauders, however they're very tanky so it makes sense. If you like tanking and prefer soloing, Gladiators are the way to go.

Marauders are also good soloers too. Pretty balance class and not surprising since they become Warriors. Tanky and with good damage. Almost as great as a tank compared to Gladiators who becomes Paladins in the future.

But in the end, it depends on what Job you want to be/focus on. And eventually, you'll max level that job and the two classes required to be that job. You can then level every other class/job. Just saying. It's okay to be indecisive, you'll be able to change your class/job easily.

Edited.

thank yuo for ur input

I am For sure going gladiator just cause everyone loves tanks, And im veryintersted in seeing how the tanking mechanics work =)

Yea gladitor would be ok but the Paliadin does look awesome I really want a DPS classs so probably Lancer

I'm going Paladin. <3 I always love being a tank and the sword and shield look is awesome.

Same with me Saha I'll be prioritizing PDN as well but will eventually play every class for flexibility which is the fun thing about the game no restrictions. quick question though if anyone knows can you change to absolutely every class? like all disciples? even land and hand?

I'm going for Conjurer or Thaumaturge. Can't decide if I wanna roleplay as a good or evil mage....hmmm [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif[/img] Add me on psn: stephenboii

im unsure atm im waitng for the ninja or samurai to get into the game. but if they come in after the game launches, im thinking lancer.

I'm gonna go black mage, although the character I'd like to play as doesn't exist. As a fan of Bleach I'd like a chracter that was similar to a Gotei 13 captain. Uses Katanas, high footspeed and the ability to use a few spells. I think Samurai will be in the game at some point but I doubt they will be able to use any type of offensive or defensive spells.

I Think FFX spoiled me. I liked having Auron use all his Samurai type skills in addtion to protect (which I made it a point for him to learn).

Originally Posted by redthefirst
    Same with me Saha I'll be prioritizing PDN as well but will eventually play every class for flexibility which is the fun thing about the game no restrictions. quick question though if anyone knows can you change to absolutely every class? like all disciples? even land and hand?
    You can. There are no restrictions at all. A lot of people in 1.0 had each DOH and DOL at 50. It makes for quite an interesting economy.

Now that Ive been reading Im thinking of leveling lancer to 50 then go to gladitor to 50 then decide if I want paldine or draggon

Originally Posted by imported_Andre

I'm gonna go black mage, although the character I'd like to play as doesn't exist. As a fan of Bleach I'd like a chracter that was similar to a Gotei 13 captain. Uses Katanas, high footspeed and the ability to use a few spells. I think Samurai will be in the game at some point but I doubt they will be able to use any type of offensive or defensive spells.

I Think FFX spoiled me. I liked having Auron use all his Samurai type skills in addtion to protect (which I made it a point for him to learn).

The class I think is closest to what you depicted is probably the Ninja class. Based on my experience, they use Katanas (Sometimes Dual Wield Katanas), and cast elemental damage. All of them. They're also fast and such too.

Naoki Yoshida said they'll come out in the near future.

I gotta say, Bard/Archer is really appealing to me... Disciples of Hand/Land are more of a sub-class the supports your current main (Paladin, Monk, Marauder, etc.) class, right? Or are there ways being implemented to make it appealing to just be a fisherman? X_x'

I think Disciples of Land/Hand are the crafting jobs which they basicaly just turned into actual classes. Not sure if you can level them all or not but I dont think most players will be leveling them as their main class. Some dedicated crafters maybe.

Ill be doing Archer/Monk. Not sure how the whole clas>job transition works in 14 but thats what ill be focusing on first. Not a big fan of Bards ... at least not in concept. Ill probably try it out eventually though.

Hey Ladies and Gents!

I want to be a Paladin. I'm interested in Fisher, or Culinarian (just to mix it up from the norm). I play for fun not level grinding (unless it's needed). I want to build a nice home and if allowed do some "Fable" stuff like Marry a NPC, have children, buy businesses, and open up my own storefront and sell my goods to players. Ok so this is "Fable" stuff is wishful thinking but I hope it can come true. I like to see my kids grow up and adventure with me or take over the family business.

Cheers!!!

Rob

PSN: GrafUlrich88 (feel free to send me a friend request)

I like using dual wepons and spells so the Ninja class sounds like an awsome class to me.

I haven't decided on my race yet, but it will either be a male Miqo'te or Elezen. I am going to be playing as an Arcanist; SMN was my favorite job in FFXI.

Since this thread is about Classes I shall ask my question here. Does anyone know if I am able to make a Bard and be a blacksmith at the same time? Be great to play the game as a Bard and be able to craft your own Weapon or sell at End-game.

Originally Posted by imported_Danny

Since this thread is about Classes I shall ask my question here. Does anyone know if I am able to make a Bard and be a blacksmith at the same time? Be great to play the game as a Bard and be able to craft your own Weapon or sell at End-game.

You can be any class at any discipleship anytime so yes. You can even be a cook and a lancer at the same time. Cook the meat you catch

I think Disciples of Land/Hand are the crafting jobs which they basicaly just turned into actual classes. Not sure if you can level them all or not but I dont think most players will be leveling them as their main class. Some dedicated crafters maybe. Ill be doing Archer/Monk. Not sure how the whole clas>job transition works in 14 but thats what ill be focusing on first. Not a big fan of Bards ... at least not in concept. Ill probably try it out eventually though.

Sadly from what I've been reading in the lodestone forums it seems some land / hand classes are being downplayed / being made too simple hence removing them from being real classes that you have to spend time and effort to invest in. But still its not official official yet so here's to hoping.

Originally Posted by imported_Andre

The class I think is closest to what you depicted is probably the Ninja class. Based on my experience, they use Katanas (Sometimes Dual Wield Katanas), and cast elemental damage. All of them. They're also fast and such too.

Naoki Yoshida said they'll come out in the near future.

Indeed yoshi has said he'd like more classes to come out, since ninja / samurai / musketeer have been popularly asked he's considering those but since samurai is up there too I think if ever ninja dual wields it might be dagger since they both can't have the same wep type. Just sayin' XD But in terms of balance they should come out with another magic class first imo. Maybe a blue mage?

I know its too early to talk about this seeing that the game isn't even out yet but then again it's never to early to speculate and dream.
    So the producer yoshi-p himself has talked about wanting more classes instead of having current classes equip more variety of weapon.
    He also spoke of future classes that seemed to be "wanted" or popular.

So far Classes confirmed / considered : Scholar, Musketeer, Samurai and Ninja

Races considered: Viera (due to popularity with western audience) and a reptilian / beast class such as the Bangaa

What would you like to see in the future of ARR? There's no limit to our imagination right so dream away fellow future Eorzean's

I totally want the Ninja class. Should be a good one. Not sure what a Viera is so I guess ill be looking that up. lol

I would really prefer it if they made the Viera available in male as well (from what I understand from XII Ultimania, male Viera are INCREDIBLY badasses), but other races I would like to see are the Yukes or Lilties (from Crystal Chronicles), the Aegyl or Gria (XII, Tactics Advance 2), or perhaps even the Ronso of Final Fantasy X. If we're going to go beast races and we MUST separate by gender, I would really like it if there was a Bat-like race for males to play. I love bats, and I'd really like to play a character with big batty ears, fangs, some awesome skin/eye colorations, and batwinged/clawed arms/hands!

As for classes I hope they bring in the Red Mage, a Spellblade-like class, that kind of thing. A thief-based profession that becomes Ninja would also be nice! Eventually I would like a Dark Knight or Necromancer styled class that gets access to battlescythes. If I could make a bat guy with a scythe and Dark/Gravity magic? I would be playing the game CONSTANTLY.

It would also be nice if we could, eventually, go across the ocean to the islands that the Lalafell came from. Maybe a few other countries, even.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last