Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415

Thread: FFXIV: Jobs, Classes and Races

FFXIV: Jobs, Classes and Races

I'm glad someone agrees!

I definitely do not want anything that is "pay2win" but I really don't see the harm in having additional vanity and customization options that could be purchased in addition to what is offered in game. MMORPGS in general have been very successful with the addition of an online store that offered companion pets and mounts in addition to Game Time Cards and etc.

Honestly, I'd be embarassed by adding up just how much money I've spent on the extras on top of subscription fees for these games. I'm sure they would make a killing.

Me too about the embarrassment. Heck, I've spent so much in some f2p games that I might as well have been paying a sub :P People love customization and little extras. Though I would prefer if chars had a vanity only slot that put costumes on top of armor. As much as I loved the bathing suits from the Moonfire Faire event, I never use them cause I'm usually questing and would prefer my armor. If I could wear a fun costume while keeping my normal battle gear, I'd gladly shell out some extra money for it.

dragoon question

i am a level 30 lancer and level 15 marauder so what do i need to become a dragoon?

question

there are marauder techniques i want to use as a gladiator and it will not let me use it what should i do

Originally Posted by gaurry
    i am a level 30 lancer and level 15 marauder so what do i need to become a dragoon?
    Once you have completed your level 30 lancer job quest you should get a new quest that takes you the Cortheas (the observatory place), if you have met the relevant requirements that quest will give you the Dragoon soul gem which changes your class

Originally Posted by gaurry
    there are marauder techniques i want to use as a gladiator and it will not let me use it what should i do
    There are only a limited number of 'cross-class' skills you can use, for example a marauder/warrior can use the gld/pld flash and provoke and a few other cooldowns. Not sure on what the skills are the Gladiator can use but know you can have things like skull sunder and fracture.

To see what's available just go to the actions and traits menu and look up 'additional actions' here it will highlight which classes you can select skills from (max of 5-6 I think), just go into them and see which it offers you. Like I said you can't use all the skills, only certain ones are available to cross skill.

IN GAME BUG- BECOMING A BLM (TAKING THE BLACK QUEST)

Bug with Job QUEST (Taking the Black)

I have 30 Tha and 15 Archer and I took the job quest called Taking the Black to become a BLM.

I finished the quest ( it's in my Journal under completed quest ) and receive Convert skill "active"

However, "JOBS" in Action &* Traits Menu is still locked and my title is still shown as Thanamurge ( I might have spelled this wrong )

Since I can't access "JOBS" I cannot use the BLM spell.

Besides, I'm lvl 35 now and BLM guild (weaver guild, I believe) has lvl 35 quest which I cannot take at the moment because it says I'm still not a BLM.

What is this ?????? Did I miss a step?

Have you equipped the soul gem? This changes you from THM to BLM.

Question about Job/Main Story Quests Interaction

Hello!
    I'm very new to the game and am trying to figure out how all job quests connected with the main story quest.

I started off as a gladiator, but upon researching other job I'd really like to be a pugilist/lancer going on Monk. Apparently my character can use all jobs though so I don't have to make another toon. I hit lvl 10 and joined the pugilist guild, and they only give me a small amount of quests and I lvl up very fast.

I'm guessing I'm only receiving the specific pugilist job quests because all the other quests I did from lvlv's 1-10 as a gladiator are general world quests that arent tied to a jobs quest line?

Hope I'm not confusing anyone... lol, I'm just a real nut when it comes to the exact details about how everything works.

All the different classes have their own quests but only at certain points which is every 5 levels (so 5>10>15>20 etc). There are obviously side quests around the world you can complete, otherwise its a case of killing mobs for exp to level up. You can also do some FATEs for exp and then there is the class hunting log which is good for extra exp.

You tend to find people go through the story with one class then they FATE grind and do dungeons to level the other classes.

Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415