Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy III for PSP

Final Fantasy III for PSP

www.vg247.com/2012/06/09/final-fantasy-i...

This should be released in the US. Totally addictive, immersive gameplay, and I love for it to be on a widescreen.

Bless my PSP with Final Fantasy III!
    Live long and prosper

III's definitely still my favorite, so even if it does turn out to be a lame DS/iOS port, I think it's worth picking up. Probably won't retail for much, either.

The official website is up.

www.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/

Is it just me, or does it look better on the single screen? I'd be willing to somehow trade my DS version for the new one.

Well that's a disappointment. Why would they go all the way with FFIV PSP, skipping FFIV DS, but only port the DS version for FFIII PSP? If there were any doubts that there was never going to be a "proper" FFIII PSP remake with the beautiful 2D sprites and all the other wonderful trappings of the PSP versions of I, II, and IV, this definitely puts them to rest. A shame.

hope they release this one also in NA/EU to complete my collection of FF series for PS XD XD

(a hard copy, not just a downloadable game)

i have the FFIII on my DS, and i enjoyed playing it

Originally Posted by espritduo

Well that's a disappointment. Why would they go all the way with FFIV PSP, skipping FFIV DS, but only port the DS version for FFIII PSP? If there were any doubts that there was never going to be a "proper" FFIII PSP remake with the beautiful 2D sprites and all the other wonderful trappings of the PSP versions of I, II, and IV, this definitely puts them to rest. A shame.

Absolutely. I'm not sure why III time and time again gets the shortstick. Maybe Japan ended up prefering the DS version? III as an installment is one of the most popular, after all, over there.

Thing is, there are usually two complaints levelled at 3 DS. The first is that its slower than he original, which is true, but really only a minor issue.

The second is that it looks unattractive, even worse than the NES gersion because of the poor quality of the models.

Well, I don't know if anyone's played the iPad version of FF3DS, but that second issue is very much resolved. The game is now gorgeous, slightly better balanced, none of that wifi bonus dngeon nonsense, and the Iron Giant is a fun bonus battle!

Whilst the DS version of III isn't perfect, the iOS edition (and assumedly the new PSP version) is surely he definitive version!

Originally Posted by Jackstin

Thing is, there are usually two complaints levelled at 3 DS. The first is that its slower than he original, which is true, but really only a minor issue.

The second is that it looks unattractive, even worse than the NES gersion because of the poor quality of the models.

Well, I don't know if anyone's played the iPad version of FF3DS, but that second issue is very much resolved. The game is now gorgeous, slightly better balanced, none of that wifi bonus dngeon nonsense, and the Iron Giant is a fun bonus battle!

Whilst the DS version of III isn't perfect, the iOS edition (and assumedly the new PSP version) is surely he definitive version!

It's got the option to switch between DS and NES soundtracks, an option to use auto-battle (which also moves battles along quicker) and a graphical upgrade akin to the iOS version, and again none of the MogNet crap to other players.
    Probably will only be a PSN release if it does come out here, but JP is getting a physical copy and PSN release.

I'd probably get it if it released here, doubt a physical copy, but I should have a Vita before then and can play it on that.

Originally Posted by Tiael

It's got the option to switch between DS and NES soundtracks, an option to use auto-battle (which also moves battles along quicker) and a graphical upgrade akin to the iOS version, and again none of the MogNet crap to other players.
    Probably will only be a PSN release if it does come out here, but JP is getting a physical copy and PSN release.

I'd probably get it if it released here, doubt a physical copy, but I should have a Vita before then and can play it on that.
    Exactly Tiael! Apart from the fact that having a 3D FF right between a load of 2D games (looking at definitive editions) is a bit jarring for my OCD, I think this version is much better than the original. Especially with that awesome chiptune music!

Only disappointment for me, and I know you disagree (so SCREW YOU) is that I prefer FF games on home consoles, and would like all of the first 6 FFs released on PSN for PS3.

Originally Posted by Tiael

Exactly Tiael! Apart from the fact that having a 3D FF right between a load of 2D games (looking at definitive editions) is a bit jarring for my OCD, I think this version is much better than the original. Especially with that awesome chiptune music!

Only disappointment for me, and I know you disagree (so SCREW YOU) is that I prefer FF games on home consoles, and would like all of the first 6 FFs released on PSN for PS3.

No anger!
    And I don't see that happening for III, at the very least you have I and II, and V and VI on PSN.

:P

Ehh, I don't like the PS1 versions.

And actually I think it's be a smart move to have definitive versions and just release them on every format. Nintendo has done something similar with Wii and 3DS. If SE released widescreen, slightly polished, achievement supported versions of their classics, they'd have a futureproofed back catalogue that they can release easily again and again.

I think this is both a good business idea and consumer friendly.

More like it's a Virtual Console, it's the older versions just playable on a new system, Nintendo hasn't done anything similar to that.
    All they are are ports pretty much, minus the extras or new translation actual ports get.

I prefer the ports, given they usually add extras or in the case of remakes, remake the engine from the ground up.

But are the extras meaningful? Sometimes they are, but often they're just tacked on. Remakes are even worse as they completely change everything that made the games classics in the first place.

Nintendo has confidence in their games, so they release them as straight ports. I like enhanced ports, but it is not consumer friendly to keep adding little things each time, not to mention that it dilutes the original Product. Final fantasy IV has now got a diminished reputation because its now less that classic SNES game, and more that game that gets released with a new lame sidequest every 18 months.

But are the extras meaningful? Sometimes they are, but often they're just tacked on. Remakes are even worse as they completely change everything that made the games classics in the first place.

Nintendo has confidence in their games, so they release them as straight ports. I like enhanced ports, but it is not consumer friendly to keep adding little things each time, not to mention that it dilutes the original Product. Final fantasy IV has now got a diminished reputation because its now less that classic SNES game, and more that game that gets released with a new lame sidequest every 18 months.

It's not Nintendo's decision to put third party titles on the VC or not, it's the companies.

SE does it to make more money, that's it, while they still release ports and remakes.

And yeah, most times they are meaningful.

I am one who likes the extras in FFIII DS, the Lunar Ruins/Trials in FFIV GBA/PSP, TAY and the Interlude linking the two, the Arcane Labyrinth/Soul of Chaos/Rebirth etc. dungeons in FFI/II PSP, fighting Enuo in FFV Advance and the Dragon's Den in FFVI Advance that finally lets you fight Czar/Kaiser Dragon.

And not always, FFIII/IV remakes were fine, but you just hate the IV remake for some reason.

I don't hate the IV remake, but it is worse than the original, which is a total waste. Interlude is an excellent example of a lame new dungeon being added to a port. It does nothing new in terms of gameplay and visuals, it adds nothing to the story, and it isn't challenging. It is fan service at its worst.

I don't hate the IV remake, but it is worse than the original, which is a total waste. Interlude is an excellent example of a lame new dungeon being added to a port. It does nothing new in terms of gameplay and visuals, it adds nothing to the story, and it isn't challenging. It is fan service at its worst.

It's not even a dungeon, it's a short storyline tying together FFIV and TAY, explaining some of the things inbetween, so I'd say it adds to the story.

But whatever.

That's it! You. Me. Outside!

*bring dissidia*

You're lucky I like you!

:P

We'll just agree to disagree, like we always do.

The thing about those who just want the original game, they can always play it, whether emulate it or legally.

There's a market for ports/remakes, and SE isn't the only one doing it.

They're a business, and I'm glad to spend money on them when it's money towards new projects.

My biggest criticism toward the DS port isn't that it's slow or that I have a problem with the graphics, it's that the soundtrack has such awful production. I literally cringed when I watched the PSP teaser because that recording of "Crystal Tower" is so bad. Worst part is that the DS OST isn't too bad, either, despite some puzzling choices in instrument synths. But the actual, in-game mastering is just bizarre. Reminds me a lot of the GBA ports of FFI&II's OST, which of course are based on the PSX OST tracks, not the OSV, in that it sounds like the console is trying to contain more than it can handle. I remember this being less of a problem on the iOS version, but if anything, I'm going to buy the new port for the NES soundtrack.

Also, really hoping they release a physical copy over here. At this rate, I'll probably import it just in case, but screw digital. III deserves damn respect on my shelf. Sadly there just isn't a market to merit it, in all likeliness.

Nooooooo.

Famitsu also mentioned a wireless connectivity feature where players can acquire the strongest equipment in the game. It isn’t clear if this is done by trading or through "PSPpass." Final Fantasy III for PSP will also include a bestiary and other in-game data libraries.

www.siliconera.com/2012/06/12/final-fant...

Lol iOS version ftw

I MIGHT have just burst out laughing at my laptop.

Final Fantasy III PSP Screenshots

andriasang.com/con1g2/ffiii_screens/

Originally Posted by espritduo

Pretty much dead on for how I feel.

I had hoped for a 2D remake to make it's way onto the PSP. I am not a fan of the DS remakes at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last