Thread: WTF is up with that?

WTF is up with that?

I'm a Tomb Raider fan, my fav game from Eidos but here's my question. I noticed a lot of video game companies don't have their games ported to a certain system. In particular for this discussion I am talking about the Cube. It's a great system, blah blah ya know the rest. Anyway I want to know why these companies won't port their games to the Cube, like Tomb Raider, but they hop on the "handheld bandwagon" to produce all-new games for the Nintendo's Gameboy. Is it always about money? Show the Gamecube support and give it the respect it diserves such as porting the Tomb Raider series to the Cube.

Does Eidos have exclusive contracts for their game for certain systems? If so, I think that's ** up since many game developers are forgetting about giving what the customers want. I for one am sick of the PS2 getting special attention when great systems like the Dreamcast was way ahead of its time.

Exclamation

I want to play Metroid and that Resident Evil remake on my PC. What's up with that?

Lightbulb Re: WTF is up with that?

Originally posted by Cube
    Does Eidos have exclusive contracts for their game for certain systems?
    Yes. Sony gave them a large sum of money for the console rights.

But give it a year or so.....

How can the contracts work for these games in the future? Lara Croft will be long forgotten in the long wrong. I mean yeah they got the money now, but they won't have a fan base later. Why? Cause Lara is only a game that is only on PS2 and PC. Not a smart move in my opinion, since everyone's PS2s break down cause they are anyway.

Originally posted by GoranAgar
    I want to play Metroid and that Resident Evil remake on my PC. What's up with that?
    Metroid is owned by Nintendo, that's a first party game. As for Resident Evil, well is was already on the PS1/PS2 and hell, the Gamecube showed that it can handle the prerendered backgrounds a lot better than the PS2 and PC can. Hell, they're remakes, that's all. It's nothing like the new games

Lightbulb

Metroid Prime and Resident Evil being on GC only is not a good move either....depriving PC/Xbox and PS2 owners the chance of playing them...whats that all about, eh?

Talk about limiting your markets.....

Oh hang on...its called 'competitive edge business!'!

(In short - why is it OK for Nintendo and the GC to have exclusive games, but other consoles can't?)

As to losing the fan base...MGS:Substance came out on all consoles a year after the PS2 original...had the world forgotten about Solid Snake and moved on?
    No.
    If AOD comes out on other consoles in a year, that'll be about the same time as the AOD sequel appears....TR will hardly be low profile at the time.

Is it just me, or are the *newer* new consoles (GC and X-box) not as popular as they once were when they came out? I don't know a single person that owns one of those systems.

Smile

Its just you.

I know of several people (one or two of them reading this) who have bought an Xbox recently.

Don't personally know anyone else who owns a GC though......