Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Platform Discussions

FFXIV: Platform Discussions

FFXIV: Platform Discussions

I was reading about how you need to tie your PSN ID to your FFXIV account in order to play on the PS3. That said, I have a situation that could possibly become a problem.

So, I pre-ordered my PC Collector's Edition earlier today. However, my girlfriend is planning on playing along with me through our PS3. Now, I understand that she will need to tie her PSN ID to her FFXIV account. So, what if I wanted to use my PC account on our PS3 at some point? Would I simply be able to use the already installed client and simply attach my PC account to my PSN ID, or will I be required to purchase a second PS3 disc just to attach my account to my PSN ID?

I'd really like the freedom to access my account on either system at any time I wish. Buying a second copy seems like a waste to me.

Thanks!

FFXIV: PC versus PS

What do you think will be the ratio of people playing on pc and ps3? Do you think there will be more pc or ps3 users? ^.^

That's a tough one. I would have to go with more PS3 users since it will work for sure on a PS3, since they might remember how FF14 v1 wasnt so PC friendly.

I see where you're coming from. ^.^ That's the same thing I thought too. Will it just be one huge server?

If it's like FFXI then each world is composed of various servers that function together. :3

Ahh. This is probably a dumb question, but will ps3 and pc player be playing on the same server interacting with each other?

I believe I read that it will be. Also one of the reasons I'm excited for this game, I'll be able to play on my ps3 with my gf who will be on the PC--

because I don't have a gaming pc ):

Seeing as how DC Universe is kind of like ARR on that department. (Except DC Universe's PS3 and PC Users are split into 2 different servers.) There will probably be more PS3 users than PC users. I mean I play DC Universe and their forum is mostly full of PS3 users. So annoying since you can't find a guild that easily in the forums if you're a PC user. I'm glad that's not the case with ARR.

With DC in particular it's one of the only MMOs available for ps3. If not the only one I'm not too sure. : ) That's also a reason to say that there maybe more PS3 users than PC. Aside from the dry market for console MMOs there's also a couple of points..not everyone has a PC for gaming or can't afford to upgrade to these standards, and buying a PS3 is MUCH cheaper plus you wouldn't have to worry about performance issues. All in all it's a great move for them to make the game available for both IMO. Also being able to play together(PC,PS3) no matter what just makes for more friends, more parties, and good times. Very excited to see this game in action.

I see where you guys are coming from and I actually haved played dcuo on pc and I play it on ps3 and the population difference in just the starting areas is ridiculous. You would think that they are two completely different games. (Population Wise)O.o

I really hope the servers are all connected. I also hope they put out XIV ARR on PS4, I think it would look just as great on PC. I'm buying it for PS3, but if they upgrade it to the next gen console then I am also upgrading my game. That is if they keep the servers together I can still use the same character. Very excited for this game.

Also. Does anyone know if there are trophies for the PS3 version??

Originally Posted by Swm

I really hope the servers are all connected. I also hope they put out XIV ARR on PS4, I think it would look just as great on PC. I'm buying it for PS3, but if they upgrade it to the next gen console then I am also upgrading my game. That is if they keep the servers together I can still use the same character. Very excited for this game.

Also. Does anyone know if there are trophies for the PS3 version??

I kind of doubt it.

Edit: I doubt the trophies thing. Not the PS4. They want the game to be for PS3 users right away but eventually when PS4 is stable and everything's okay. I believe they'll work with PS4 as well. Especially since most consoles that barely came out will not have that many games. So they'll take advantage of that and sell FFXIV:ARR for PS4 to have more players.

I mean that's great market stratedgy. Sometimes I would buy the best game for that console instead of waiting for new games to come out since I want to test out the console for example.

My guess is that there will be more PC players (eventually) than ps3. The servers will be connected, I'm almost sure of this since in FFXI there were PS2, Xbox 360 and PC players playing all together.

I currently have a pc registration code for beta phase 3 if anyone has a ps3 code to trade let me know i will email you.

you need both codes to play on ps3. just sayin

The code you have is for the beta tester account, it can be used on both the PS3 and PC. However, to play on the PS3 you also need a second code that you redeem on the PlayStation Store in order to download the game client.

ya I know I need two for ps3 my computer is down for the count so I cant play ff on it anymore but I have a ps3 so I figured if anyone wanted to play it on pc instead of ps3 I would trade them the code for pc because I only have the code for that.

no no u dont understand. you cant trade them you NEED both codes. as in the PC code and ps3 code in order to play on ps3. u need the pc code to activate your square enix account and you need the ps3 code to access the client. but without both you wont be able to play at all

To play on ps3 beta square enix will send you a email with two codes. So if someone wanted to play on the pc I couldnt just trade my 1 code for their 2 codes?

you only receieved an email with one code in it? lol cuz even the PC players were getting 2 codes

you only receieved an email with one code in it? lol cuz even the PC players were getting 2 codes

ya mine only had one code says it was for the pc registration.

ah they sent most people with pc registration 2 codes so they could play on ps3 :/ thats odd. guess they stopped that. i'm unsure as to how many people have a spare ps3 code but best of luck to you in finding one!

I'm currently in a pickle on if I want to get it for the PC or PS3.

I want to get it for the PS3 so I could play with my PSN friends, but I have a crap 90's tv (living in dorm when this comes out- no money to buy a new tv). So seeing things and reading things would be quite difficult.

PC just so I can frecken see, read, and actually have good graphics to play.

So my question is that I think I read somewhere in the past it said that PC versions and PS3 versions will be playing on the same servers. Like if I buy a PC version I can play with friends on the PS3 while being on the PC. Is this true? so I wont need to but both versions? If so then i'll get the PC version if not then I'll just bear not reading things on the PS3.

PS3 and PC will be on the same servers

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last