Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: FFXIV: Platform Discussions

FFXIV: Platform Discussions

FFXIV: Can the PS3 and PS4 play together?

I know this might be an obvious question to a lot of people, but not so much to me.

I have a friend that has the only the PS3 version, but I'm thinking of updating to the PS4. Will we still be able to play together?

PS4

Hallo,
    Ich möchte mir FF XIV für die ps4 holen.
    Wie ich jetzt in erfahrung bringen konnte, kann man mit den PS4 daten auch am PC Spielen.
    Meine frage ware muss ich das spiel fur den PC dann nochmal extra kaufen auch wenn ich es schon fur die PS4 habe? Wo es ja das dreifache kostet?

FFXIV: Account migration PS4 to PC

Hello there

so i bought FF14 for PS4 and am quite impressed how well it does work.
    But i didn´t feel like the controls fit an mmorpg. Even plugging mouse and keyboard into my PS4 felt kind of
    ...slow...weird...
    So my question would be, am i able to buy the pc version and migrate my PS4 account to my PC?
    I am willing to pay money for this game so please tell me there is a way .

Thanks in advance
    Nightee

Your characters are linked to your Square-Enix ID so are not tied to any particular platform. So you can just buy the PC version of the game, use the registration code on your existing account and log in with your username and password. All your characters will be there waiting for you because that data is stored on the servers but you will have to configure any HUD changes you made previously and setup all your gear sets again as this data is stored locally (on the platform) and I don't think there is a way to transfer it from PS4 to PC.

You then can play on either platform (at separate times) because you have registered 2 copies to your account, any subscription days you have is tied to your account also and not any specific platforms

Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    Your characters are linked to your Square-Enix ID so are not tied to any particular platform. So you can just buy the PC version of the game, use the registration code on your existing account and log in with your username and password. All your characters will be there waiting for you because that data is stored on the servers but you will have to configure any HUD changes you made previously and setup all your gear sets again as this data is stored locally (on the platform) and I don't think there is a way to transfer it from PS4 to PC.

You then can play on either platform (at separate times) because you have registered 2 copies to your account, any subscription days you have is tied to your account also and not any specific platforms
    Thanks for this info m8. I recently bought a new copy of FFXIV for the PS3 using a $20 Amazon gift card and then upgraded it the PS4 version. I would have loved to have bought the physical CE meant for the PS4, specifically since it is a bit different than the PS3 version yet has all of the in-game goodies, but I'm trying to save up so I can spend a little bit of time in Akihabara while in Japan next month. I noticed earlier last week that GameStop was having a Spring Sale and one of the games listed was a downloadable version of FFXIV for PC for $11.99. I ended up visiting my local GameStop after work and trading in all of my old PSP games/movies (which I wasn't sure they would even accept).

Now I have ~26 dollars in credit on my account and I'm going to use that to buy FFXIV for the PC (I don't know if I will qualify for another free 30 days due to the fact that my SQ account lists me as having played the PC beta, heh which was almost a year ago, or because of my recent PS4 upgrade) and probably spend the rest on the Watch Dogs Season Pass (Watch Dogs is already paid for and my sister-in-law/roommate is staying at our place so that should give her some extra fun).

I will update this post to let you guys know how it goes, just in case it can be helpful to anyone else (I love the PS4 version, however I'll be in various different countries for the next 3 - 4 months - a mixed blessing, however I know there will quite a bit of downtime - this way it's just easier to have a copy on my laptop as well since I already adapters for that and will be taking with me everywhere).

Edit: Every worked great and I even received another 30 days of gameplay =).
    Last edited by Phobits; 24th May 2014 at 21:45. Reason: Added additonal information.

Final fantasy xiv change platform

Bonjour,
    j'ai acheté final fantasy xiv j'y ai joué pendant quelque mois mais n'ayant plus de ps3 je voulais savoir si je pouvais jouer sur mon pc sans racheter le jeu si oui comment ?
    merci d'une réponse rapide

Hello,
    I bought final fantasy xivl I played it during some month but not having any more of ps3 I wanted to know if I could play on my pc without acquiring(buying back) the game(set) if yes how?
    thanks for a speed answer

You have to buy the PC version as well. Be careful when purchasing, to make sure you buy the game in the same region as your Square Enix account.

Exclamation Is this game still populated on PS3?

I was going to buy this on Amazon as it's marked down to 20 dollars currently, but I don't want to get it if nobody is playing it at anymore. So could anyone that knows tell me if it's still populated on PS3? Thanks

Concerning your question: What platform you choose matters not, you will still be able to interact and play with everyone else (players who use PS3, PS4 or PC) on the server/world you decide to join.

PC to PS3

Only a few days ago i got the trial with steam for FFXIV for the PC. The game didn't run well so i bought the PS3 version instead. I cannot logon to my account on the ps3 because of the trial still in effect. I have made a character in the pc version already and I cannot delete him without installing the game again. Any help please? This issue is pissing me off.

Hopefully customer support might be able to help you out with this issue.

Is Heavensward cross-platform?

Hello All,

Is Heavensward Online cross-platform? So basically if I buy it on PlayStation 4 and play online, will I be playing also with people playing from their PC's, Xbox, other consoles. In addition to my first question, I recently just bought the game so I don't know if its better on PC or on the Playstation, what do you guys think?

You'll be able to play with everyone else, yes (as long as they are on the same server as you).
    I personally prefer playing the game on PS4, but I believe it's more a matter of taste than anything else.

Final fantasy a realm reborn question

This is probably a normal question but i bought final fantasy a realm reborn for ps3 and now i want to play it on my pc, Can i use the same account with out buying the game again?

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567