Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Platform Discussions

FFXIV: Platform Discussions

sweet that means I can play with my ps3 friend even if im playing on pc. finaaaaaly I will be able to read text without going even more blind!

lol yeah good luck to ya man have fun

this saves me from buying for the ps4 too LOL.

Good call mate. Plus you'll have an easier time chatting with them.

FFXIV, Buy ps3 version also can play on pc?

I have a CE Pre-order down on the PS3 verison, But I want to play on a console when my friends are online.

I was wondering for those that purchase the PS3 version, are they entitled to the PC version too? like this beta, you can play on the PC AND PS3 via one registration code.

I would love to have the choice to choose what version to play...instead of plopping down 2 amounts of money for the same game...?

I wasnt able to acces those forums via choosing it in the list of sub-forums, it kep taking me to the Lodestone page =/

But you're link works thank you.

FFXIV: Cross-platform?

I have a CE Pre-order down on the PS3 verison, But I want to play on a console when my friends are online.

I was wondering for those that purchase the PS3 version, are they entitled to the PC version too? like this beta, you can play on the PC AND PS3 via one registration code.

I would love to have the choice to choose what version to play...instead of plopping down 2 amounts of money for the same game...?

ps3 version bro that the one should be yuh choice

That's because they are two separate forums. The [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum] is still part of this site, so using that category for your FFXIV-related questions should to the trick.

Already have the PS3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered.

Was just wondering if owning one version entitled the Buyer to both versions seeing as how FFXIV is cross-platform gaming.

Is there even any difference in the collector's edition for PC and PS3, other than one is the PC version and the other is PS3... ?

No?

You have to have both.

So I was wondering if I get BOTH the PC and PS3 versions of the game will I be able to link them and play the same characters on both machines? This applies to the PS4 as well.

Yes, I tried this with the beta to play the same character on both platforms. Should be the same on PS4 since they all use the same servers.

Ok cool and thanks alot. Both pre ordered....Getting ps3 ce and a digital PC ersion.

I got into the beta for FFXIV:ARR and was extremely excited. I downloaded it onto my PS3 and played for a while, enjoying every minute of it. However, I forgot to take into account my vacation, starting the next day. I brought my laptop on this vacation, but not my PS3. I'm dying to continue my testing of this amazing game; is there any way I can download it onto my PC and continue? Or was the beta limited to the PS3 version? Thanks!

Originally Posted by imported_Jackson
    I got into the beta for FFXIV:ARR and was extremely excited. I downloaded it onto my PS3 and played for a while, enjoying every minute of it. However, I forgot to take into account my vacation, starting the next day. I brought my laptop on this vacation, but not my PS3. I'm dying to continue my testing of this amazing game; is there any way I can download it onto my PC and continue? Or was the beta limited to the PS3 version? Thanks!

The beta is occurring on both platforms, but you would have needed to apply for both, and have been accepted for both, which would have also involved seperate beta keys.

If you were accepeted to previous Beta's then yes you can still play.

All you need is to go to the beta tester forum, download the PC client, then login with the same Square Enix ID.

I was super stoked to turn on my ps3 this morning and see that I was chosen for the closed beta for Final Fantasy XIV. Now I'm just curious when the next beta will be for the PS 3?

I know that in FFXIV: ARR, you will be able to play with those who are playing on a PC and vice versa with a PS3. My actual question is this. If someone who buys like, lets say, a Collector's Edition of FFXIV: ARR for PS3 and they create an account, redeem the item codes, and create their character using a PS3, will they be able to access the account that has the redeem items and character on the PC version of FFXIV: ARR?

maybe.

Yes, because the collector's items are stored on your account.

It is literally no different than say buying a collector's edition to some other MMO and then playing on your friend's PC, you will still have access to those items because they are on your account.

What console you preordered on or are playing on currently is irrelevant.

Hey everyone, so like those here been lovin the beta, but I have a few questions. I bought the CE on ps3, but what if I want the game on pc too? If I want the CE stuff on pc as well do i have to buy two collector's editions? Let me clarify... If I buy the CE on ps3 and redeem all the goodies, if i log into the pc version will all those goodies be on the same account if they are linked? Or are the pre-order and CE goodies only good for that platform? In other words can I access all the goodies and my character on both pc and ps3?

Sorry hope this makes sense. I'm asking because if I have my pc with me when I travel If I log in I would hope I could play on pc, then when i get back home log in to my ps3 version and pick up from there.

This way If I only have to buy one CE then I don't have to take a pc CE from someone who wants one. Also wanted to add if accounts will be accessable in ps4 version.

Characters and items are bound to your account, so platform won't matter. I believe they said people that registered their game for 1.0 (PC) will be able to redownload the client without purchase. So maybe people who purchase the PS3 version will be able to do the same. Although I am not certain of this so please don't quote me on that.

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last