Thread: FFXIV: Account/Square Enix ID Questions and Issues

FFXIV: Account/Square Enix ID Questions and Issues

thx, gonna check it right away!

You might also want to give them a call: [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

So it's been a while and I wanted to try out the new FF14 beta. When I try to get on my Square Enix Management Account, I do not remember my password.

I go and do the password recovery option, but it does not take my birthday. I tried to call but there is no longer phone support. I tried chat support but I was given the run around. I tried e-mail support but I was given a link to the password recovery page which I cannot use.

There's no way for me to recover this account. Why the hell do I need my birthday anyways? Does not clicking on the link on my e-mail give you enough information that it's actually my account?

Seriously, I've been running around looking for someone to help but noone was able to. I put in 3 tickets to try and recover the account all which just points me to the password recovery page which DOES NOT WORK!

I don't understand why it's so hard to recover my account? Does Square Enix not want my money when FF14 comes out? Am I going to have to create another account for both an e-mail and square password? I freaking already bought FF14 (which was technically a beta to begin with) and you expect me to work to recover the game I shouldn't have bought in the first place?

The lack of customer service is truly disturbing.

Originally Posted by Pmak
    So it's been a while and I wanted to try out the new FF14 beta. When I try to get on my Square Enix Management Account, I do not remember my password.

I go and do the password recovery option, but it does not take my birthday. I tried to call but there is no longer phone support. I tried chat support but I was given the run around. I tried e-mail support but I was given a link to the password recovery page which I cannot use.

There's no way for me to recover this account. Why the hell do I need my birthday anyways? Does not clicking on the link on my e-mail give you enough information that it's actually my account?

Seriously, I've been running around looking for someone to help but noone was able to. I put in 3 tickets to try and recover the account all which just points me to the password recovery page which DOES NOT WORK!

I don't understand why it's so hard to recover my account? Does Square Enix not want my money when FF14 comes out? Am I going to have to create another account for both an e-mail and square password? I freaking already bought FF14 (which was technically a beta to begin with) and you expect me to work to recover the game I shouldn't have bought in the first place?

Don't feel bad. I can't do anything except sign in. I can't sign in to the support center without a one time password, yet can't even get a one time password without signing in with one. I couldn't sign into POL, and last time i tried POL seams to have disappeared from my pc. Why did i pay $40 dollars for a stupid game i can't even play, or get any answers for from the so-called support team.

I got invited to the ff14 beta, been waiting since it closed to play this awesome game, but i've forgotten my password (Even tho im pretty sure i put in the right one as i've used all of my common passwords) and i've also forgotten which secret question and answer, i've tried using the support center, but even tho i select the "Can't remember pass, or security question/answers", it directs me to support mail WHICH REQUIRES YOUR SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER, and as far as im aware phone support is down for square enix, i am currently logged in through my facebook, does anyone know what i could do to retrieve my account? i mean i only spent over 100$ playing ff14 and i refuse to make a new account and lose it all, thanks for any help/input, prefer it if a moderator or square enix employ could help me.

Originally Posted by imported_Robert
    Originally Posted by Pmak

Don't feel bad. I can't do anything except sign in. I can't sign in to the support center without a one time password, yet can't even get a one time password without signing in with one. I couldn't sign into POL, and last time i tried POL seams to have disappeared from my pc. Why did i pay $40 dollars for a stupid game i can't even play, or get any answers for from the so-called support team.
    Amen good sir. Bring back phone support.

Trust me man, I know how you feel.

I'm trying to reclaim my lost POL/Square Enix Management Account. I say forgot password. And they shoot me an e-mail. Which takes me to the change password screen. But for some reason my birthday doesn't work. I know my secret damn password, I got the damn e-mail, why is it my birthday doesn't work?

It's really frustrating me that what's causing me not being able to the game is the same thing that's suppose to keep other people from accessing my account.

And that's the account I have my FF14 attached to. So seriously Square, the serious lack of customer support is terrible. Making your customers run around to get some answers are not giving you guys a good repetoire with the people who want to freaking PLAY YOUR GAME!

Yeah man i'm pretty much at a dead stop unless someone steps up with some info on these situations, they need a phone line i can call too or osmething.

FFXIV: Account Questions and Issues

''The code's region is inapplicable.*
    You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.''

What is this?
    code in the mail did not. T-T help me please. I want play ff14 very* * * Thank you*T-T
    Last edited by Grimoire; 17th Mar 2014 at 17:41.

Contact customer support.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 2nd Nov 2013 at 15:48.

yeah man im having same problem.. i already forgot my pw=.= doesnt take my bday idk wat to do

No response yet Also since the news release on FFXIV ARR for PS3; We now only get to attach it to one ffxiv service account. Is there anything that can be done?

As it stands now one of use has to loose the goobbue mount/legacy status and go out and buy 3 more copies of the game just to have PS3 access for our accounts.

1 PS3 copy for me. 1 PS3 copy for wife, and one PC copy for her so she has the dual login.

FFXIV: Square Enix Account Questions

So I pre-ordered 2 digital download copies of FF14, one for me and one for my gf. As I understand it, once the game goes live I'll have to tie/link these game copies (a.k.a. FF14 service accounts) to a Square-Enix (SE) Account to use them. Are there any advantages to linking both game copies to the same SE account, or should I make a separate SE account for each game?

If this were World of Warcraft, for example, I'd go for the two game copies under one account as that would let me trade characters between accounts. Is there such a bonus with FF14? In another thread I read that if two game copies exist under one SE account you still only get 1 forum account, 1 site profile, 1 blog, and 1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha... things that I would gladly overlook if there were some silver lining to having both in 1 account.

Suggestions?

LINK 2 GAME COPIES TO THE SAME SE ACCOUNT, OR HAVE SEPARATE ACCOUNTS?

So I pre-ordered 2 digital download copies of FF14, one for me and one for my gf. As I understand it, once the game goes live I'll have to tie/link these game copies (a.k.a. FF14 service accounts) to a Square-Enix (SE) Account to use them. Are there any advantages to linking both game copies to the same SE account, or should I make a separate SE account for each game?

If this were World of Warcraft, for example, I'd go for the two game copies under one account as that would let me trade characters between accounts. Is there such a bonus with FF14? In another thread I read that if two game copies exist under one SE account you still only get 1 forum account, 1 site profile, 1 blog, and 1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha... things that I would gladly overlook if there were some silver lining to having both in 1 account.

Suggestions?

I would create a second account to link it to. Unless they have added something new if you did link them to the same one, only one person would be able to play at a time.

Originally Posted by Gravity
    [General Forum Guidelines]

[Avoid posting the same messages in multiple forums across the board to widen the audience. In most instances, the forums are designed to reflect news and information specifically to single forums. If you feel the information is relevant somewhere else, be sure to cater that message to the different audience that might be visiting a separate forum category. Also avoid spamming your message multiple times in the same thread.]
    It's in the actual Cautions please read those guidelines.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Please click Important notices

<b class="StrongText">Play Cross-Platform with Windows PC & PlayStation 3 Users[/b]

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is available on both Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and players from both versions will be able to play together regardless of the version they purchase!

<b class="StrongText">Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3[/b]

Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

<b class="StrongText">Important Information for Customers Purchasing the PlayStation 3 Version[/b]

You will only be able to register one copy of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 to a Sony Entertainment Network account. It is not possible to register or play two or more copies of the PS3 version on the same account even if you purchase additional software.

Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix Account.

<b class="StrongText">Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service[/b]

The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the &ldquo;FFXIV Service Center&rdquo; website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

Please again remember that ONE Square account PER GAME PER PSN.

No added benefits it simply WILL NOT Work.

I had purchased FFXIV 1.0 back before the servers went down and I have a product code that came with it but it was from gamestop and only downloadable, but the product code does not seem to fit in the registration box for registering games for points. I am also looking to get the priority on beta phase 3 since I purchased it.

i got this problem too. i just want to get my password changed. sigh so difficult this is -_-

Quite possibly one of the most horrible user systems I've ever used. I can rarely ever log in and when I do I'm randomly sent to either the EU site or the NA site which each has a different profile! This is a seriously BAD system!

I apologize if this has already been answered, but everything I've read online seems a bit ambiguous and doesn't directly answer my question.

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE. If I pre-order the PC version as well, can I attach both registration codes to the same service account? Thus allowing me to play my character(s) on either platform if I so choose?

And I guess I have a second question also: If the first scenario is possible, could I play one character on PS3 and another character from the same service account on PC simultaneously?

Thanks for all the help, so pumped for this game. It'll be my third MMO (played extensively) after RuneScape (don't laugh :P) and WoW. I have a feeling this will blow both of them out of the water.

Originally Posted by UndefeatedIrish
    I apologize if this has already been answered, but everything I've read online seems a bit ambiguous and doesn't directly answer my question.

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE. If I pre-order the PC version as well, can I attach both registration codes to the same service account? Thus allowing me to play my character(s) on either platform if I so choose?

And I guess I have a second question also: If the first scenario is possible, could I play one character on PS3 and another character from the same service account on PC simultaneously?

Thanks for all the help, so pumped for this game. It'll be my third MMO (played extensively) after RuneScape (don't laugh :P) and WoW. I have a feeling this will blow both of them out of the water.

Hello. Yes, this is a fairly common question but I don't mind answering it again.

You can indeed purchase a copy for PC and PS3, and attach them to the same account. A lot of people seem to think that if you buy one or the other, it will still work on both PC and PS3. It does not. If you bought the PC version, you are essentially buying access to play from that platform only. If you buy both, you have bought yourself access to play from both.

For your other question, no, you can't log in to the same account from two platforms at the same time. Imagine for a second that you could. SE would lose TONS of money because groups of people would be playing on the same account and wouldn't need to pay for it themselves. Considering you can make 8 characters per server, that would be up to 7 other people playing that aren't paying a monthly fee. Granted, you have to have your account tied to your PSN or whatever, but you can see the point.

Hopefully this helps clarify things. Also, hopefully it will pull you away from the catastrophe that is WoW. You should have known better :P

I'm not sure how stupid this sounds or not. I heard you could do this with FF11 (not sure how true that is), and some other games have done it (not a lot of them though).

I know you can't do it with PS3 and PC, but what about PC and PC? Basically I'd love for me and my brother to be able to play the game, without subscribing twice.

Nope. It doesn't work that way.

WoW died a long time ago for me. It's beating a dead horse right now, but yes, I agree this will be the new 'big thing' for the MMO players. I expect the F2P MMOs will be feeling it as well when this game launches or shortly thereafter.

Aside from that...Welcome aboard and see you in-game! : )

Also you can register only one PS3 code to your account. My guess is that only people that have registered both copies on their account can play in both systems (which kinda sucks to be honest xD... it would be nice to play with your account in any of both systems).

Page 3 of 64 First First 12345671353 ... Last