Thread: FFXIV: Account/Square Enix ID Questions and Issues

FFXIV: Account/Square Enix ID Questions and Issues

it is doing the same thing to me with heroes of ruin. i try to sync my account on the ds but i cant sign in on the website and it will tell me the email cant be found and that the accoun type cant be found either

I couldnt find any other place to go so i'll post it up here. I have recent acquired FFXIV and have not been able to access the game since i bought it. It is extremely hard to find a customer support number for this game, to help get through the basic steps of account creation. I attempted to create a new account but was not able to since i already have info on file from my FFXI days. Well this is fine but when i put in my old account info nothing happens. I put in my email address and password and when i click log in the page just reloads and i have to put my email address and password in again.

This has been going on for 2 days so far and is really becoming a pain. I bought the game because of it being revamped and much better than the original release version. It makes that kind of hard to believe if i cant even get pass the log in page. I also had to set around while the game originally downloaded several updates and to not be able to play it, is sort of heart breaking.

So is there some way to obtain a customer support number or get any help just logging into this game? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... <---that should help you out i hope lol

Originally Posted by imported_Chris
    I couldnt find any other place to go so i'll post it up here. I have recent acquired FFXIV and have not been able to access the game since i bought it. It is extremely hard to find a customer support number for this game, to help get through the basic steps of account creation. I attempted to create a new account but was not able to since i already have info on file from my FFXI days. Well this is fine but when i put in my old account info nothing happens. I put in my email address and password and when i click log in the page just reloads and i have to put my email address and password in again.

This has been going on for 2 days so far and is really becoming a pain. I bought the game because of it being revamped and much better than the original release version. It makes that kind of hard to believe if i cant even get pass the log in page. I also had to set around while the game originally downloaded several updates and to not be able to play it, is sort of heart breaking.

So is there some way to obtain a customer support number or get any help just logging into this game? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem -- i created my account around the launch of FFXIII... I can log in fine here on the "members" page, but I can't access account management. This has been the most informative FAQ i could find, but still doesn't solve my problem:

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph...

And as far as the ticket page that Beldugur linked -- i've submitted 3 tickets and i always get the same automated reply: "I'm sorry, but we cannot verify your ownership of the account in question."

i am still having trouble creating an account with which i can register FFXIV.

Or getting customer service to help me recover my User ID -- although I'm pretty sure I used "aflockofmoosen" -- i've used it for everything over the past couple years.

Thread Title: Square Enix ID Broke, can't log in to anything now

Details:

Plain and simple. I made an account, fine and dandy, using my email. So I tried to apply for the alpha testers thing for FFXIV. When I attempted, a page popped up telling me to log into my account. Now here's the thing: I tried EVERYTHING for whatever the hell my SE ID is. My first name, my nickname, my other nickname, my email, and all that in caps, lowercase, and both. So unless the SE ID is some retarded thing that has nothing to do with my actual name or whatever, it brokededed. Also, I tried password resetting TWICE just to make damn sure that the password's not the problem.

Steps:

1. Made account
    2. Logged in
    3. Went to page to apply for alpha testing
    4. Tried to log in
    5. Epic Fail. :3

Date & Time:

When I signed up yesterday sometime past noon and before 4... GMT -7:00 USA Mountain Time / Arizona Time

Frequency:

Every. Frickin. Time.

Platform:

PC

I am having this exact same problem with the alpha log-in. Tried to log in with my user name. Failed numerous times. Waited a day. Failed some more. Tried my name, my email, everything. Fail fail fail.

But I took this a step further. Thought maybe I typed my password wrong. Go to this site secure.square-enix.com/account/app and it says "There is no Square Enix account registered with this e-mail address." But low and behold I go back to this site and am perfectly capable of logging in.

I really want to get in on the PS3 beta but I can't seem to register for anything :/

I'm just in it because for once in my life I want to get a game the very day it comes out and I want to be involved in it. Also it looks pretty cool and an online FF game. (Besides XI)

PS This is Michael, just my other account I described. This is my email/google one.

Well after trying over and over to get through to SE's useless support system, I researched for like 2 hours and realized you had to re register through the proper link to get a SQEX ID. -_-

secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r...

So, here's my story. (In chronological order! )

1. Went to FFXIV site
    2. Read it all
    3. Noticed that I could sign up for alpha testing
    4. Read reqs and tried to apply
    5. Got denied for signing in
    6. 3 days later after lots of searching, finally found out that I needed to reregister to get a SQEX ID
    7. Tried to sign in
    8. Was denied because I need an 'account' first
    9. Tried to add a service when a 25 digit code appeared
    10. Wondered what the hell the code was for
    11. Looked around and realized I had to buy the game probably and enter the code
    12. Looked around the online store, couldn't find the game
    13. Found the link to get there
    14. Error appeared, even when using several different links.

Conclusion: How the hell does the site of a company that's as freaking huge as this have such a fricked up site?!?!

Suggestions:
    1. Have the support answer the damn emails or phone support.
    2. Have an explanation next to a lot of things so that people like me and that guy who had the same problem (my forum post for #6) would understand.
    3. Have a bigger site.
    4. Not make you buy the frickin game to access the game's special forums! (I tried to go there, and upon signing in it told me to add the service)

Originally Posted by imported_Michael

Well after trying over and over to get through to SE's useless support system, I researched for like 2 hours and realized you had to re register through the proper link to get a SQEX ID. -_-

You're a life saver. Thanks a ton for the link.

It can definitely be confusing. I agree the log in system needs to be streamlined.

On the Alpha Test Application site this is the first requirement:

- Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account

Later opportunities to test the game during Beta will possibly open up the requirements to include individuals who aren't active players but for now, the test involves those with a current account.

The reason you ran into errors is because the game currently isn't available on our online store.

You can contact our support site through the following link: support.na.square-enix.com/ there you can speak to a support representative through chat, email and phone support.

Thank you Rob, but that gives me two more questions:

1. Why does this FFXIV site say that it's available, along with several other sites? www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fant...
    2. What is the 25 digit code for?

So, I'm pretty new here and I wanted to sign up for the FFXIV a realm reborn alpha test but it says I need to input the right "Square Enix ID" but I have no idea what that is. I've tried with my nickname and my email but it's says it's wrong so I'm assuming it's something else.

Could anyone help a noob out?

Square Enix ID is specifically related to the billing for FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV. You can setup your Square Enix ID on this site:

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler
    Square Enix ID is specifically related to the billing for FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV. You can setup your Square Enix ID on this site:
    I can't fill out the form because I am already a member on here, what do I have to do to get it to let me register? I just want to play XIV.

I have a question about this, I registered myself with no issues, but now how do I apply for the testing etc? I did pre-order the game from amazon but Id like to also get in on some beta testing if possible!

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[General Questions and Help]

[---How do I add an avatar?

Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture)--> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.]

Slight necropost!
    Originally Posted by SeymourG

1. Why does this FFXIV site say that it's available, along with several other sites? www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fant...
    2. What is the 25 digit code for?

1. The link in that article is from 2011. In July-August the game was made unavabile for purchase online and at retail, as the original version of the game was about to be shut down.
    2. The 25 digit code is for the registration code that comes with the game, and is required to play.

Humorous Disconnection of Square-Enix Sites.

Just thought I'd make my first post here a "humorous" note on how differing parts of the Square-Enix system don't talk to one another.

I have FFXIV. My login info for their forums, base or ARR, log me in to those just fine; the v1 forums kick me back out thereafter, but that's because I wasn't on subscription when the cutoff was for all that jazz. However, my FFXIV "Square-Enix" login doesn't get me beyond FFXIV related stuff; I had to make a new account for the rest of the Square Enix site (like here), and was able to even use the same User Name without issue.

Ok, so I guess the silly humor might be a little hard to grasp, just thought I'd flop this out; I've 7 to go get and stuff now.*
    Last edited by Grimoire; 22nd Mar 2014 at 06:07.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you might want to hold off on getting the PC version of FFVII. There's apparently mammoth amounts of issues, so much that a dedicated forum was created (though I still see sily people posting their PC problem in the general FFVII forum X_x).

Just, uh, be wary <_< >_>

Request: Additional Account Options [Split/Registration]

Hello SE~!

I'd like to make a request for some additional account options if available. Some people are affected by this. Some through their own fault or miss-information spread from conversations past.

My wife and I each had our own SEID's and were going to pick up a copy of FFXIV (which we did). We both had separate alpha logins when it first came out.

Upon picking up the collector's edition we only had 1 token and no way at that time to buy more. To be protected it was "recommended" at that time by a representative over chat to use the buddy code and register both copies under 1 SEID so that we could use 1 token. We were told when logging in it would present us with the option to use account 1, 2, etc.

It did~! Great; but then we found out we only get:

<ul>[*]1 forum account[*]1 site profile[*]1 blog[*]1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha[/list]

I've contacted customer service to no avail and was told this is not an option but I and many others (with legitimate reasons) feel it should be allowed, case by case, or just once. You could be the judge.

I realize this could create extra work to have a verification team to monitor this to prevent account sales; but I don't want to sell my account. I just want my wife and me to be able to partake in the community under our own terms. As it stands if I post something, or she does it's viewed as the same person and as we all know; a couple shall never always agree (sometimes ).

Please look into this for the future. We both have legacy at this time. We'd even be willing to buy a new account; as long as the legacy status could be transferred over and you could delete one of ours. It's very sad to lose all the r/e gear we have accumulated; but sacrifices could be made if you could very kindly grace us and others with an approval.

Thanks!

P.S. You're doing a great job in all that you do; I must say that as a company you've grown quite a bit community-wise and while you're image was great before; it's even greater now. Keep up the work!

Hello everyone!
    Im new to the site, but all Square enix games fan.
    I created a playonline account for ff11 that later became a Square Enix account when i started ff14.
    I thought in registering all the codes i have with all my SE games, but when i tried to log in with my Square enix account it didnt let me.
    I created a new members account but i dont know if i my account is linked with my SE account.
    Please someone shed some light on my case.

The [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

should be able to help you with this case.

Page 2 of 64 First First 1234561252 ... Last