Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: FFXI - Questions and Help

FFXI - Questions and Help

Discuss and help each other solve your problems with Final Fantasy XI here in this thread.
    However, first and foremost: make sure to always contact customer support should you run into any issues.

----------

I just bought FFXI and am set up the PlayOnline account and everything, and yet I cannot log into PlayOnline when it goes to the "Member Password" part. I have no idea what's going on! Can someone please help me! Thanks!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 20th May 2014 at 07:11.

Originally Posted by Rafik
    I just bought FFXI and am set up the PlayOnline account and everything, and yet I cannot log into PlayOnline when it goes to the "Member Password" part. I have no idea what's going on! Can someone please help me! Thanks!

Updating Your Member List

Once you have linked the PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix account you will need to enter the necessary data on the PlayOnline Viewer's member list.

Enter the "Member Name," "PlayOnline ID," and "PlayOnline Password."
    Enter the Square Enix ID you've linked to the PlayOnline ID in the "Square Enix ID" field.

*The PlayOnline ID will need to have been linked to the Square Enix ID entered.
    *Note that the "Member Password" is not the same as your PlayOnline password or your Square Enix Account password, and is totally optional.

If you are using a Square Enix security token, select "Use" for "One-Time Password."

*Please note that if a security token is registered to an account, you will need to enter a one-time password when logging in.
    *If you plan to use the Square Enix account without a security token, you will not need a one-time password.

For more information, go to www.playonline.com/cis/us/about.html

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much for posting your concerns here about not being able to get started on the PlayOnline Viewer for FFXI. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered in setting the account up. In cases like this what one would need to do is to contact the Square-Enix Support Center for account support, as they would have the necessary tools and access to be able to best remedy such issues. You can do so by going to support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... . Also thank you very much Dekkarra for your suggestion as well, those instructions can also help greatly in such cases. Though as this thread is not in the correct forum, we will have to lock out this thread. Hopefully the instructions that Dekkarra posted and the Support Center will be able to remedy this for you. Thank you again and take care!

Final Fantasy XI PlayOnline - Questions and Issues

Hey not sure if this is where it belongs, but i've got a free 14 day trial for FFXI and i do have a square Enix account, however when i try to play FFXI it keeps asking me for my playonline ID, no idea what this is or how to get it, can someone help me?

Originally Posted by scottcassell
    Hey not sure if this is where it belongs, but i've got a free 14 day trial for FFXI and i do have a square Enix account, however when i try to play FFXI it keeps asking me for my playonline ID, no idea what this is or how to get it, can someone help me?

When signing up through the SQUARE ENIX Account System, upon entering your registration code into the system, it should have given you a PlayOnline ID and the option to create a password for it.

If you cannot remember it, login to the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System at account.square-enix.com Once there, under Services and Options, click "Select Service", then "PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI".

On that screen, under "Active Service Accounts", you should see this: "PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI : AAAA#### [US]. The 8 character ID (AAAA####) is your PlayOnline ID.

I baught FFXI today here: store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/...

In the Order Comfirmation email, i got a Serial Number/Product Code and a Members Registration Code for some points.

After downloading the FINAL FANTASY XI: UCAE application , installing FFXI and the PlayOnline Viewer, i registered a new Square Enix account.

On the Services and Option screen of the SE account, i try to add new PlayOnline service account, they ask me for a PlayOnline registration code, but i dont have any.

What step did i miss?

Is there a link to enter my Serial Number/Product Code and receive the PlayOnline, FFXI, and expensions registration codes ?

Please visit our Square Enix Support Center for direct assistance with this concern:

support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=2...

Hi i bought a used FfX1 on xbox 360 and i would like to buy content Id but there was no registration card in the box. So no code to regist the game. Is there anyway to buy content ID with out registring the game or is there any other way to regist it? Am i better to get the game back to the store?

PlayOnline - Questions and Issues

hi all. i recently bought ff11but didnt know what id have to go through to get a playonline id. the game is second hand and the codes are invalid but ive emailed tech support and have had no help. im about to give up!!!! can anyone help at all or guide me? :-) many thanks

Well robert peeler that couldn't been a more worthless answer. I have been on those forums for hours and I havn't been able to get past the login screen.

If you are dissatisfied with the [SQUARE ENIX Support Center] databank, maybe you should give the CS team a call instead?

[SQUARE ENIX Support]

-1-858-790-7529

-9AM-5PM (PST) Mon-Fri

Direct Line: 310-846-0345

What good do those numbers do me on a ing weekend!!!

You'll have plenty of time to memorize them?

Ok!! So as of 7/9/12 I uninstalled and temp. quit FFXI... But I wanted to return to the game that i enjoyed for over 9 yrs? (roughly)...

So I decided that on Thanksgiving that I would return... Stayed up till 5 am the next morning installing.. only to find .. AFTER 9 PASSWORD CHANGES!! and every attempt to log in was declined..that I can't even reactivate my account ;=;! I have the original email where I created my account. SO my ID is correct. I use a security token the same I have had for years. SO thats correct. I even tried to change my pw to the previously used ones to ensure I wasn't going crazy and typing things wrong... only to get the red error messages saying i cant reuse the previous PW so... its obviously changing my passwords... then why can't I get in? I want to plaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy *mega rage sad face pout...*

PLEASE HELP!

sounds like some kind of server error

Hello im a new member in need of assistance with the playonline viewer
    ok i set up everything for the playonline viwer finally (had some complications lol) but what im getting at is that everytime i try to the game its saying incorrect id or password. I havent played in years so im a little stuck at the moment, could anyone give me ideas info/help ect please! Would be highly appreciated!

This link should have the information you need: www.playonline.com/cis/us/about.html

If not, I'll be happy to help.

They must not want anyone to play i jump through all these hoops getting a square id a play online id not i need a content id but cant figure out what to do. please help.
    Im trying to play FF XI online and cant get it working

I found a list of all of the steps, located below.

Step by step: Log into Square Enix account > Services & Options (bottom left menu) > Select Service > Select FFXI > Select "Options List" under "Active Service Accounts" (first option on the page) > Select "Add New Options" next to "Character" (again, first option on page) > Purchase your desired number of characters. Now you must log into PlayOnline. Get to the screen where you have the menu options on the left of Final Fantasy XI, Navigator, Extras, Service & Support, etc... Choose "Navigator" and then choose "Handles" in the menu that pops up. > Choose your handle, and you will see a menu pop up on the right hand side. Near the bottom will be "Content ID List" >Choose "Link" and Link your Content ID(s) to your desired handle. Save, log all the way out, log back in and it should work.

Ok thx a lot for your help.

Just recently purchased FFxi for Xbox360(A little late, I know.)

Anyhow, I am trying to log into the account I made, but it keeps telling me that i am entering the incorrect Member ID or passwpord, but I am not.
    I have tried eveything. I've deleted, and remade the account many times. I get as far as linking the account to my xbox gamer profile, but once I go to connect it tells me the info is not correct. If someone can please help me, I would be eternally grateful.

Just recently purchased FFxi for Xbox360(A little late, I know.)

Anyhow, I am trying to log into the account I made, but it keeps telling me that i am entering the incorrect Member ID or passwpord, but I am not.
    I have tried eveything. I've deleted, and remade the account many times. I get as far as linking the account to my xbox gamer profile, but once I go to connect it tells me the info is not correct. If someone can please help me, I would be eternally grateful.

I recently installed FFXI and when I start it up it brings me to the playonline viewer which then sends me to link the SE account to Playonline but when I try to sign in it says wrong ID/Password (I know I didnt type it wrong since I am on right now and tried to sign in/out to be sure). I know maintenance recently happened and is that whats screwing me or what?

I am having the same issue but PC version

Anyone have any ideas/news? Sucks paying for a game I cant even play

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last