Thread: The journey to the past

Thumbs Up The journey to the past

I need all of your help at this board. See it there was an an interview with Core and what's gonna happen in the sequel to AOD:http://www.computerandvideogames.com

Now it's all and good that Core is going back to tombs and all but there is something i wanna say about that. First, sure the last revelation did it, but i did not ''feel'' the magic as i did with TR1. Reasons:areas were not as big, bearly any enemys and if you came across some, they were slowand dumb. I want the animals they put so much chalenge in the combat! Also atleast make it so that the bullets it takes to kill an enemy goes with the size and if it is a big one they should not over do it with the bullets. It should not take 3 shots to kill a rat or bird. Back in TR1 when a bat came to get you i only took one shot to kill, that's what i like.

But me and all of you out there wants Core's sequel to go without a hitch soooo...

either post what you think should go in the new TR or send your ideas to Core before the game is ever out.

Also i really hate the fact you can save anywhere, i missed the save beacons. I think the save anywhere feature makes the gameplay harder and more annoying exspecailly when you forget to save and you die!!! I'm E-MAILING Core now and telling them my thoughts!!!! CMON PEOPLE!!!!!

Hmmm, Looks like no one want to help me. I have no idea what i did to annoy some people here. It's like any post i make people stop visiting the tread. Whatever

Re: The journey to the past

Originally posted by jodman3

Also i really hate the fact you can save anywhere, i missed the save beacons. I think the save anywhere feature makes the gameplay harder and more annoying exspecailly when you forget to save and you die!!!
    NO NO NO!!!!!! It MUST have "save anywhere." Every TR game from the first to the last has had it, and I seriously hope they continue to use it. The inability to save anywhere is incredibly frustrating, and it's the reason I did not buy "Indy/Emperor's Tomb." If TR resorts to such a system, I won't buy it either.

Anyway, on your other points, I mostly agree. I prefer animals over human enemies. I liked that isolated feel in the first TR, I really felt like I was exploring some place that nobody had visited in thousands of years. I also agree that smaller animals (such as birds and bats) should require a single pistol shot to kill. That's another thing that annoyed me in TR2 (sorry, I know I'm always ragging on that game)-- every enemy required a ridiculous number of shots before they died, and it just got annoying after a while.

I have to disagree with you a bit about Last Revelation. I thought it did an excellent job of capturing the magic as best it could, considering that it wasn't the first game in the series (let's face it, the original game has a huge advantage in that respect.) But TLR focused primarily on tombs, whereas the original TR had more cave environments. I say, bring back the caves! But not flares! I hate wandering through darkness and having to light my way. Even if it's unrealistic, give the caves sufficient lighting.

So all in all, I'd love to see a TR game with the types of environments and enemies we saw in the first game, but with a far better plot, more puzzle variety, and obviously, better graphics. I don't need to see many modern environments. They never captured my imagination in quite the same way.