Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: NieR

NieR

NieR

Drakenguard doesn't look very interesting, but I kinda want to try them because I really loved Nier.

Why not? Drakengard has dark and unique storyline while Nier is more about characters. Gameplay wise, Nier is much better imo.

If you want to experience some more twisted stories, then sure, why not. I am not sure if the gameplay holds up, though.

Originally Posted by ilikeikeilikeik
    Drakenguard doesn't look very interesting, but I kinda want to try them because I really loved Nier.

Drakengard is my 2nd favorite game of all time, second only to FFX. It is very dark, and has a tragic storyline that is devastating and absolutely chaotic.

I HIGHLY recommend you play Drakengard, and Drakengard 2 for that matter (even though Drakengard 2 has a slightly different "feel" to it).

This trilogy is highly underrated and has such a great story to it. Nier takes place after Ending E of Drakengard (Drakengard 2 is a direct sequel from Ending A), which is the 5th and final ending you can unlock. Trust me, it will take a lot of work to get that ending, but the reward will be very worth it!

What is also great is that there are subtle hints and nods in Nier that you would only understand if you played Drakengard, for example...

fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use...

Trust me, it's worth it. I loved it so much that my first tattoo was based from the game (fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use...). Oh, also if you played the Nier DLC "The World Of Recycled Vessel", the 3 unlockable weapons are based off the 3 first forms of The Red Dragon of Drakengard!

I feel like I missed something. I gave Drakengard 1 about an hour before getting fed up with it. I absolutely hated flying on that dragon >_>

Did it get better? Do you have to fly on that dragon all the time?

Truthfully, I wasn't expecting much when I played NieR, knowing the Cavia also made it, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Nier: Any one else?

So I was at GameStop the other day and while browsing the wares I thought; "Hmm, haven't had a new SQUARE ENIX game in quite a while," so with my goal set I skim the shelves in search of something by SQUARE ENIX that I haven't already played. 5 minutes of said skimming and I come a cross a game sitting tit-squeezed at the bottom left of a shelf full of used and unpurchased games. The side-label read SQUARE ENIX and the title NIER. The rest of this story is pretty self-exclamitory.

And so ends my story of how I discovered NIER. I've yet to see anything about this game so I figured "why not talk about it?"

This game is easily one of my favorite titles by SQUARE ENIX. It's fighting action is real-time (much like Kingdom Hearts but lacking the speed) and the magic is totally awesome. Also the blood that splatters across the ground is rather entertaining. This games sticks to what I like to call the "SQUARE ENIX classic touch." What do I mean by this... well, just like any Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game, you start weak and equiped with shoddy weapons and equipment but once you progress, you get to that point where everything you face is just an under-statement waiting to be over-killed.

The story is flawless and the music is wonderful. The graphics are fairly desent and the characters are all sexy and well made.

That's about all I can say.

that is a great game i myself found it the same way and another game called infinite undiscovery i just started it and its an amazing game so far

I loved this game as well, and it came out in 2010 which would explain why it would be sitting at the bottom of a shelf in some desolate corner xD.

I know the feeling on a whole. But for this game while I haven't played it as yet, it's on my to-do list. Cause I'm now really starting to get into this gen of games.

Oh & you forgot about the very 'colourful' language in the game ^_^

Originally Posted by primera7777

Oh & you forgot about the very 'colourful' language in the game ^_^

Oh yeah I forgot about Kiane's ..."Silver Tongue"

It's my favorite current gen title from Square Enix. Hate what happens after all four endings though.

I played the game expecting to hate it, but ended up liking it a lot. I just wished the story was more streamlined. A lot of the dialog is in battle, and I'm sure I've missed a lot of key points xD

Some of the side-quests are annoying though. There was this one you had to do for a flower seeds or something. FUUUUUU-So annoying. Had to literally wait real-time days to pass for plants to flower (well, I just sped up the PS3 clock, but I didn't know about that trick until a while later X_x)

On the other hand, a lot of the NPC stories in the sidequests are really interesting. Lady in the Lighthouse, etc...

Also, Ending C was so random, IMO. Nothing in the game indicated romance between the two, and I actually thought that was incredibly refreshing, and then they had to end it with a kiss? The hell? Really? >_>

I know Cavia is gone, but I still want a sequel. I even have ideas >3>

Nier Replicant/Opinions

Hey everyone I know some of you saw this trailer 2 years ago but I was looking for some things and this is what I found.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgc5h0GVkQ&feat...

It was frusterating to only get to play Replicant in the DLC.. I would of preferred to play as him rather than Gestalt.

I am indifferent. Would have been nice for there to have been some kind of DLC to swap which one you play (Halo Anniversary kind of thing).

Originally Posted by Ikusu
    I am indifferent. Would have been nice for there to have been some kind of DLC to swap which one you play (Halo Anniversary kind of thing).
    I do agree with u.

I enjoyed that they actually sat down and asked what would "what would the western audience enjoy" when they created the game. Although I'm not exactly thrilled that the solution was here is a burly male, the story of the father going to hell in back for his daughter was great. Don't think I could go through it without him now.

Originally Posted by Persiangato
    Although I'm not exactly thrilled that the solution was here is a burly male, the story of the father going to hell in back for his daughter was great. Don't think I could go through it without him now.
    Aye, same here. While Gestalt is far uglier than I would have prefered, it's still the better choice for me.

Mmmm I loves me some Drakengard. I remember walking into Gamestop to reserve the second one and the girl at the counter was like, "O.M.G. I didn't think anyone else in the world knew this game existed!" and then we dated for a week before I realized that her first word spoken to me was OMG... and it was over. However, I was obsessed with Drakengard 2 and nothing else in the world mattered at the time. I'll admit not the most compelling combat system, but the game as a whole was crazy enough to suck me in.

I have to say nothing blew my mind more than the 8 year old empress speaking with a demonic voice followed by a child's laughter... still gives me chills today.

Why Drakengard Had Forbidden Love Between Siblings And Other Insights www.siliconera.com/2013/04/16/why-draken...

Nier

Not sure where else to take this, but I noticed that that friggin browser game, Wartune, has stolen art from Everquest as well as League of Legends, but it doesn't stop there, they've outright stolen music as well.

They took one track in particular, from Nier, and seeing as Nier is one of my favorite gems that's come into existence this generation, I feel the need to keep calling out these friggin thieves.

Wartune: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDsjAdqU9E

Nier: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLjNDhPfew

(They've also taken from Ys 7, which also makes me angry)

DRAKENGARD III
    -Drakengard 3 Coming Out On October 31 In A Beautiful Box Set
    www.siliconera.com/2013/06/26/drakengard...
    -Special 10th Anniversary Artwork
    www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=30...
    -Product Presentation Page
    store.jp.square-enix.com/special/dod3
    www.jp.square-enix.com/dod3/10th/
    -Website
    www.jp.square-enix.com/dod3/

Can we please have Nier on PSN and XBLA Square Enix?

Where I live there's not a very big market for used games (small city). So I've been trying to get a copy of this game to no avail. Can we please have Nier available for purchase on their respective platforms SE? It's good to be modern sometimes.

Rolleyes Nier DLC not working PSN

Hello forum

I recently purchased Nier: the world of recycled vessel DLC off the PSN, installed it, then started the game up.
    After having no idea where to start the DLC, I checked online, found out, and then found that I couldn't access it.
    By this I mean, the option to access the Diary is not there, no arrow, no dialogue, nothing.

I live in New Zealand so our games are based on the European PAL system.
    I have thrown away $18 for this DLC

NieR and Drakengard creator says NieR was inspired by 9-11
    (Siliconera)
    ― at a panel at GDC this morning, Drakengard and Nier creator Taro Yoko—in a typically off-kilter fashion—began with his conclusion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last