Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

  1. #26

    BMS: Man With the Machine Gun (FFVIII)


    FMS: Fleeting Dream (FFX) -DLC-




  2. #27

    so, who else has fallen in love with the music player on this game?

    i have already set a few songs as my favorites and have been playing them on repeat with the 3DS closed. yeah, it plays music with the 3DS closed when you have headphones in, BADASS.


    so far, my playlist is...

    Prelude (FF1), Main theme (FF1), Battle Theme 2 (FF2), Prelude (FF3), Main theme of Final Fantasy IV (FF4), Omen (FF6), One-Winged Angel (FF7).



    what are yours?

  3. #28

    The music player is definitely a great feature!


    My Favorites playlist, after four days: Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV, Terra's Theme (VI), One-Winged Angel (VII),Waltz for the Moon (VIII), Suteki Da Ne (Orchestra Version)(X), Ronfaure (XI), and Defiers of Fate (XIII).


    It's a pity there isn't a way to get the DLC songs onto the playlist? Cosmo Canyon and a host of others would make the list. Also, I confess to opening the Card Binder just to listen to the gorgeous Loss of Me (IX).

  4. #29

    Yeah I've been talking about them hoping to do a patch or something of the game so we can listen to the DLC songs we bought. I really love "A Fleeting Dream (FFX) and Cosmo Canyon (FFVII)" I just love FF music.

  5. #30

    Originally Posted by Chandlia


    The music player is definitely a great feature!


    My Favorites playlist, after four days: Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV, Terra's Theme (VI), One-Winged Angel (VII),Waltz for the Moon (VIII), Suteki Da Ne (Orchestra Version)(X), Ronfaure (XI), and Defiers of Fate (XIII).


    It's a pity there isn't a way to get the DLC songs onto the playlist? Cosmo Canyon and a host of others would make the list. Also, I confess to opening the Card Binder just to listen to the gorgeous Loss of Me (IX).






    Do you know where there is a stand-alone version of Loss of Me? that version is way better than the official soundtrack version I have.

  6. #31

    There is no stand-alone version of Loss of Me because there is no song called Loss of Me. That is an incorrect fan translation, the name of the song is Rose of May.


    FFIX OST: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoeJ4wpwN5g


    Theatrhythm OST: Well, I can't find a copy of the OST version of the TFF arrangement, but here's a fan recording of it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auu4-azhlds

  7. #32

    I'd love them to release a Theatrhythm OST EP or something. Some of the new arrangements are really nice.

  8. #33

    Originally Posted by Coddlefish


    I'd love them to release a Theatrhythm OST EP or something. Some of the new arrangements are really nice.



    I would buy this with all the gil I have.

  9. #34

    Originally Posted by gobeler


    Originally Posted by Coddlefish


    I'd love them to release a Theatrhythm OST EP or something. Some of the new arrangements are really nice.



    I would buy this with all the gil I have.



    I second this completely!


    Originally Posted by gobeler


    There is no stand-alone version of Loss of Me because there is no song called Loss of Me. That is an incorrect fan translation, the name of the song is Rose of May.



    -- Yep, I usually call "Rose of May" as "Loss of Me" -- I have sheet music for the piece that has the latter scrawled as the title. I don't have FFIX, but I've been attempting to do the song justice on flute long before seeing the actual name. Imagine my happiness when I came across a version with flute in Theatrythm! Now, it looks like we have another name to call it by: "Something to Protect"? Playable as BMS in No. 35 Mv. 26 and other Dark Notes as well, most likely.... EDIT: also unlockable on Challenge at 45,000 Rythmia.

  10. #35

    Originally Posted by Chandlia


    -- Yep, I usually call "Rose of May" as "Loss of Me" -- I have sheet music for the piece that has the latter scrawled as the title. I don't have FFIX, but I've been attempting to do the song justice on flute, long before seeing the actual name. Imagine my happiness when I came across a version with flute in Theatrythm! Now, it looks like we have another name to call it by: "Something to Protect"? Playable as BMS in No. 35 Mv. 26 and other Dark Notes as well, most likely....



    I wish we could trade pieces with more than just street pass, I would totally take you up on this!

  11. #36

    Thought I'd renew the thread since it's been awhile since the game came out/I missed the discussion the first time around.


    Talking about just song selection, I think they did a pretty good job keeping it balanced. I'm not thrilled with their song selection for X, but given the nature of X's OST, which is comprised mostly of leitmotifs and not individual compositions, I guess it evens out. I still think they could have balanced it out better by using one of the Hymn of the Fayth's variations for the event sequence rather than give us two arrangements of SUTEKI DA NE. Similarly, even though I appreciate them not using one of the myriad of Zanarkand rearrangements, I would have prefered nearly any track over Mi'ihen Highroad, which remains one of my least favorite Uematsu compositions to date. The Besaid theme would have worked nicely. XII's selection doesn't thrill me either, mostly because I'm not a fan of Clash of Swords at all, nor do I care much for the Theme of the Empire, even if it's probably the game's best candidate for the event sequence.


    Interestingly, I find Clash of Swords really fun to play despite not really liking the song. Favorites to play otherwise include Dancing Mad, The Sunleth Waterscape, Battle 2 (FFIII), and Awakening (maybe my favorite).


    Least favorites to play have mostly been mentioned, although I really enjoy pretty much all of the tracks. Waltz for the Moon, Mi'ihen Highroad, Giza Plains and Theme of the Empire stick out as ones I generally do not like playing.

  12. #37

    How can you hate Waltz for the Moon? It's the most fun EMS!

  13. #38

    FFVII's EMS is kinda funny watching Cloud in a wheel chair and falling in the crater. lol

  14. #39

    Honestly, some of my favorite songs are from FFXI because I spent a lot of time with it. I love the FFXI Opening Theme, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful songs in Theatrhythm. The vocals are both haunting and emotionally stirring. Jenova's Battle Theme from FFVII and Battle at the Big Bridge from FFV are some of my favorite battle songs.

  15. #40

    Originally Posted by Basho


    How can you hate Waltz for the Moon? It's the most fun EMS!



    It's just never been one of my favorite tracks; hate is a strong word. I find Defiers of Fate and FINAL FANTASY to be the most enjoyable EMS tracks.

  16. #41

    In my opinion, The Sunleth Waterscape is amazing. FF13 was my favorite and I always liked hearing the rhythm of that song.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    431

    Sunleth Waterscape on Basic was my first all-Critical (admittedly without Stoic, though). I'm a fan of all final fantasy music, but if I had to pick a favorite stage... the Defiers of Fate EMS: I swear the video looks better on the 3DS than in the actual game!


    One thing I will say, though, is I'm slightly disappointed that more of the classic battle NES tracks weren't done in the same vein as Mt. Gulg (understanding the reason for having that one updated in the first place).





    And... I think I've actually heard Somnus for the first time ever playing this game.

  18. #43

    This was my first time hearing Somnus too. But I'm not following the VXIII pre-release promotional cycle.


    I'm pretty happy they used the NES versions, since I don't love the updated versions of any of those OSVs. Would be cool to add some of the extra tracks though as DLC.

  19. #44

    Love the Music Player!


    There's just one problem I have about it...


    Did anyone ever try to push the Home button while still on the Music Player then put the 3DS to sleep mode? The home screen music still keeps on playing through the headphones.. I believe it might be some bug.


    I left my 3DS like that for a couple of hours and wondered why my 3DS became hot when I took it out of my bag. I think it might have drained my battery for those hours I didn't use it.


    I tried the same thing with the Nintendo 3DS Sound and it doesn't happen.

  20. #45

    Originally Posted by imported_Summoner


    Yeah I've been talking about them hoping to do a patch or something of the game so we can listen to the DLC songs we bought. I really love "A Fleeting Dream (FFX) and Cosmo Canyon (FFVII)" I just love FF music.



    How do we try contacting Square-Enix about this feature? I've been scouring online looking for contact info, an email, anything to ask them about this topic. I'd love a patch that allows DLC to be played in the Music Player; afterall, we're paying $0.99 a piece, the same price as an mp3 off of iTunes/Amazon. Why shouldn't we have an option to listen to these, especially if some of us are willing to fork over an extra $50 for all of the songs...


    PLEASE, SQUARE-ENIX, LET US LISTEN TO ALL OF YOUR DLC FOR THEATRYTHM IN THE MUSIC PLAYER!!! DOMO ARIGATOU!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195

    Square Enix On Bringing Theatrhythm To iOS, Adding Songs From Other Series
    www.siliconera.com/2013/01/16/square-eni...

  22. #47
    "party" from final fantasy x-2 comes to mind, sadly (atleast so far) i cant select it to play on theatrythm.
    The ultimecia fight from ff8 i played wich was awesome.
    Some FFIII tracks were really awesome to play and i didnt even recognice some of them anymore but ok.
    neither is on the other side of the mountain from Ff7, bran bal and library daguerro ff9 or breezy from Ff8 (can play those on guitar)

    Then again my alltime favorite final fantasy track has got to be FF6's floating island track, no idea if that ones in either xD

    I do not like the ff online tracks much tbh, some of them are rather poorly made and hard to find any form of rythm in to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12