Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

Which Final Fantasy OST is your favorite?

Mine is either VII or VIII.. if I had to pick only one, I guess VIII. : )

There's a list of the songs in the game here (scroll down):
    finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theatrhythm_...

Very excited for the game's release!

Mine is the FF VI soundtrack

XIII all the way!

-RGC

Final Fantasy XI, mainly Mizuta and Tanioka's tracks, though Uematsu had some good ones. (Distant Worlds, Memoria de la Stona, etc.)

Final Fantasy VII definitely had the best soundtrack for me. IX and VI had some great tunes, but as an overall package, I thought everything about FFVII's tracks were amazing. I think "Anxious Heart" is the best of the lot.

FFVI - Terra's Theme

FFVII - Red XIII's Theme (Nanaki)

FFVIII - Man With the Machine Gun

FFIX - Hunter's Chance

FFX - A Dream That Will End Sometime (The name of this song keeps changing so I can't really pinpoint it's actual title)

FFX-2 - Aeon Battle Theme

FFXI - Battle Theme

FFXII - To The Place of Gods

FFXIII - Dust to Dust

FFXIII-2 - Colliding Worlds

Cosmo Canyon theme -FFVII

Hunters Chance - FFIX

Vamo Alla ' Fleminco - FFIX

Dark Messenger

otherworld -FFX

there others but that is all i can think of right now.

I think VI holds up the best given its production, besides XIII, which I thought was truly excellent. I'm not a big fan of VII's OST because its production is so below what Uematsu could have worked with, but I'll credit that to the difficulties of working with a new platform. The compositions were still solid.

Favorites from each?

FFI - Sunken Shrine
    FFII - Pandaemonium
    FFIII - The Boundless Ocean
    FFIV - The Lunarians
    FFV - Prelude to the Void
    FFVI - Forever Rachel
    FFVII - Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII
    FFVIII - The Successor
    FFIX - Behind the Door
    FFX - Via Purico
    FFX-2 - Seal of the Wind (The Three Trails)
    FFXI - Xarcabard
    FFXII - Symphonic Poem "Hope"
    FFXIII - The Archylte Steppe
    FFXIII-2 - Serah's Theme (Memories)

I have to agree and say VI easily has the best overall production..but i have to say FFX and VIII have my favoritse soundtracks.

I loved the Final Fantasy X Piano Collections.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Red wings theme, baron theme, terra theme, etc.

Final Fantasy VI. So many stand out tracks for me.

Awakening
    Terra
    Relm
    Forever Rachel
    Devil's Lab
    Aria De Mezzo Carattere...

The list goes on. There hasn't really been a soundtrack I haven't liked though. I wish they would reprint some physical soundtracks. I'd buy every one of 'em.

This medley combines the awesomeness of each soundtrack into one epic song. (Well atleast FFI-X)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWsuAIAtew

Imagine if that was a playable track in Theatrhythm....

My favourite as a whole is Final Fantasy IX, mostly 'cause it was also my first game.

Individually my all-time favourite song is You're Not Alone followed very closely by The Man with the Machine Gun. Hearing both at Distant Worlds this past March was incredible.

Are we gonna get any as DLC? :O It has some of the best songs in the series. XD I hope we get a few

I don't think the DLC for Theatrhythm is working today. I tried to log on and I kept getting a "connection interrupted" message.

We're aware of an issue on the system that's preventing users from accessing the extra track content, but a solution is being implemented and we hope to have this resolved later tonight! Thanks for your patience!

Thanks Robert. Patiently looking forward to the DLC songs, no worries!

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

We're aware of an issue on the system that's preventing users from accessing the extra track content, but a solution is being implemented and we hope to have this resolved later tonight! Thanks for your patience!

awesome! loving the game so far

Probably VIII, but VII does have my favorite track in the series (world map theme).

Definite favorites have to be Final Fantasy XIII-2:

"Serah's Theme (Memories)" and the Ending Credits music

The whole FFXIII-2 soundtrack just blows me away though.

So, let's talk about the songs.

What's your favorite? Least favorite? Were some too easy? Some too hard?

Right now I'm about to finish all of my serieses on Expert, and I've found most of the EMS stages a bit too easy. The only song I've had a really hard time with (so far) on Expert is the Battle with Seymor. That was my first time I got a C while still passing a song, and it took me eight more tries to get an A (without Stoic)! My favorite is Battle at the Big Bridge. That's been my favorite FF song since I came across FFV Advanced many a year ago. Right now, my least favorite is a three-way tie... between all of the FFXI songs. (That's the one I'm saving for last on my expert serieses.)

What about you guys?

i remember FFv advance, i got that along with FF 1&2 advance and FF6 advance years ago...i dont have those games anymore though .

favorite has to be between One-Winged Angel (FF7), The Decisive Battle (FF6) and Dancing Mad (FF6, Encore)

least favorite has to be anything in 10+, because i have never played any of the FF games after 9.

I really like Aeris' theme from FFVII because I just think that song is so pretty. I also like Blue Fields from FFVIII.

My faves right now are:

Jenova VII

Man with Machine Gun VIII

and Fleeting Dream FFX DLC

So far I've only got to play Jenova in Chaos Shrine. I hope I can unlock it soon for challenge so I can try Ultimate.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last