Thread: FFVII Registration Issues

FFVII Registration Issues

FFVII Registration Issues

I understand that my Product Registration Code and Members Registration Code were sent to me in my e-mail (which I have used to install FFVII without a problem) but my question(s) are this....

1) While I am keeping the e-mail for my records, where can I find my registration code on the website when I log in? I registered my game to my profile, but I should be able to see my serial number, or some other indication that my game was registered (other than just a picture with a link to the game info section). Nothing here indicates that I purchased the game, other than the picture.

2) The Members Registration Code, which is supposed to be used here (na.square-enix.com/145981219/game/regist...) what do I do with it? After going to that link, I am told that I do not have access to that section (even after being logged in).

3) Server Error: Please Try again... I get this when booting FFVII after logging in. My serial key is correct... is this an issue server side? My network settings are fine, I am a Network Engineer/Admin IRL, and understand what this game requires as far as connectivity.

If someone can help me, it woul dbe greatly appreciated.

I have fixed the Acvtivation Code issue by using Facebook to log in. Seems that unless I use Facebook, it wants to use the EU servers and not authenticate my serial properly. That issue has been resolved at least

FF7 PC Registering problems

Is anyone else having a problem registering the game. I keep getting the message that the code is invalid and i just bought it. Based on all the complaints maybe it would be a better idea to cancel the purchase and get my money back

Yep, useless just bought Sleeping Dogs and the code inside will not work.

how do you find your serial again if you closed the browser while the game was downloading? i assumed it would be in my email, but it isnt...

It is in the email they sent you along with a lot of other information.

I never got an e-mail either.

EDIT: Fortunately, the "order complete" page was still in my browser cache, so I got the serial number and unlock code that way. I still haven't gotten any confirmation e-mail, and furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of my order ever being placed if I look up the order number at the SE shop.

I activated the game online using the serial number after running the installer, then the game downloaded a couple small patches, but then I have to enter ANOTHER activation code after activating it? What? And of course, I don't have this activation code anywhere, because I never got an e-mail, and your wonderful shop site doesn't remember me ever placing the order. The serial number fits in the place to enter the code, but when I enter it, I get a message that says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue, and we'll take a look at it shortly." Yeah, sure you will.

This is absolutely disgusting, SE. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I can play now, but I had to download a cracked DLL file from a torrent site to do get it working. Congratulations, SE. I had to break the law in order to play your game that I purchased legitimately. Please come have me arrested so I can counter-sue you. Maybe then we can get a precedent set in court that will finally end the video game industry's practice of punishing customers with ineffective and broken DRM.

Unable to register

I have downloaded the game and I am able to log into the north american server, but once I do I am instantly prompted to enter my product key. I do so and I receive the following message" "Sorry. Something went wrong. We have been notified about this issue and we'll have a look at it shortly. Please try again later." This has been going on for 2-3 days and I have attempted to log on around a few dozen times. Anyone else expereincing this?

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

when i log on to the website online it registers my e-mail address but when installing the download of Final Fantasy VII it says that my e-mail address is not registered WHY???

We apologize that you seem to be having problems registering this game. We would like for you to contact the Square Enix Support Center as this issue seems to be an account issue.

registering game bought from steam

I bought this game from steam today and i can't find the key to register it on Square's site.

Originally Posted by imported_william
    I bought this game from steam today and i can't find the key to register it on Square's site.
    Hmm... Anyone else know a solution?

Contact [FINAL FANTASY VII Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

I'm having this problem where I bought FF7 on steam and when I launched it I was asked to log on my SE account. I logged on with my SE account which is an NA account and always have been. However when I click the button to look at my profile I see it put my FF7 registration on some EU version of my account. Now none of my other info is on there and FF7 isn't on my NA account. Also on the EU version it has my steam account linked to it and on my NA account my PSN is linked to that one.

The EU account says the only game I own is FF7 and my NA account says I own a bunch of other games but not FF7.

Is there any way I can fix this and merge these accounts or am I stuck with 2 seperate accounts now?

[Members Rewards Announcement]

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here.]

Alright cool! Thank you so much for the quick reply and I'm guessing since you replied with this so fast it's probably asked a lot and I missed some recent post with it. Sorry about that!

Actually, you just happened to post your thread at the right time (during my daily forum rounds). But yes, the multiple accounts issue is a common problem. Hopefully, a merge of the two systems will bring an end to this once and for all.

Originally Posted by shinrugal
    Should auto register if you link your steam profile to your SE account and launch (did it with mine)

yano is you get a ps3 version on psn do you get a register key with it or am i s*** out of luck haha

Bought via Steam, but can you register it?

I bought this on Steam a while back, but am unsure on if you can register this. Oh, and I did buy FF8 also but this is for 7.

Exclamation Registering my game.

Okay, so I just bought FFXIV for PS4. I have it installed onto my system, and now I am trying to register my game. The code is set up like this XXX-XXX-XXX. However, neither two code options allow me to set up the code that way when I try to register it. Whats up?

restored computer, now its asking me for my code again but I have already used it

Hello!

I bought the CD set of this game from EBgames and thing were going great! I played and was really enjoying the game and was excited to become a paying monthly member.

Then I tried to download windows 10 and then my computer wouldn't turn on. I took it to Geek Squad and they restored my laptop. I re downloaded FF14 and not it is asking me for a product code which I already used. So, not I cant log into my account to play and I can't figure out why this is happening! It says I need a product code when I have already used it. I would really like to get back to playing.

Please help!