View Poll Results: What is your processor?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • AMD K6-2/K6-3 500Mhz-1.2Ghz

8 3.60%
  • AMD Duron 1Ghz-1.4Ghz

11 4.95%
  • AMD Athlon 1600+ to 2600+

49 22.07%
  • AMD Athlon 2600+ to 3200+

20 9.01%
  • Intel Pentium III 500Mhz - 1Ghz

43 19.37%
  • Intel Celeron 850Mhz - 1.4Ghz

3 1.35%
  • Intel Celeron 1.4Ghz - 2.4Ghz

10 4.50%
  • Intel Pentium 4 1.6Ghz - 2.2Ghz

30 13.51%
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.2Ghz - 2.6Ghz

27 12.16%
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz - 3Ghz

31 13.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Eidos out. What's your CPU?

Grey Mouser Guest

Help Eidos out. What's your CPU?

Greetings fellow forum-dwellers,

In order to more accurately predict what system requirements should be for some upcoming games we are asking you - the players - how fast is your processor?

If you don't know, an easy way to check is to look at DirectX Diagnostics:

Start>Run>type in dxdiag>Hit OK...on the System Tab what does it say for Processor?

Please take a moment to fill out our poll, pick the CPU that is closest to your own, and thank you for helping Eidos out.

GM

HI !!!

Geez - not many responses yet - you need to get a lot more, to get a good statistical sample...

Maybe some are worried their puters are getting outdated - but I've seen that a new puter will usually work for about three years of game advancements...

Big Grin

You forgot to add the option "I don't know." Which probably should be around 67%.

Well... I have three computers of which two are so bad they don't even come close to 500 MHz!

Geek.

Originally posted by GoranAgar
    Geek.

Ooooooh! A compliment!

what do I vote if I have an AMD Duron but only 900 MHz?

Wink

You don't.

ok then

wet1 Guest

Rolleyes Processors not the problem, Vid Cards

No problemo with P4 , but new 9500 ati w/DX9a Freezes, previous ati allinwonder didn't, dumb to dumber? Deusex selects
    all graphics to max on both cards

Let's survey videocards with 1-10 ratings from the g-geeks that use them

Well, I already voted for the 1.6-2.2 option (tho I guess I could've put it in the 2.2-2.6 as it's a 2.2), but I wanted to point out that I'm shoping for a labtop right now which will have somewhere between 2.4-3.0. The absolute lowest I would go is 2.4, but I'm most likely gonna get a 2.8 or 3. You can use that for info as well, if ya want.

[Speaks Quietly]I know what processors are in every one of my 12 networked PC's, my 2 un-networked PC's, the 5 dead PC's scattered around the house, the 19 vintage 8 and 16 bit computers in my collection and my 5 consoles. Does that make me a geek? [/Speaks Quietly]

BTW - I voted with my Athlon XP2000+

Originally posted by staticon
    [Speaks Quietly]I know what processors are in every one of my 12 networked PC's, my 2 un-networked PC's, the 5 dead PC's scattered around the house, the 19 vintage 8 and 16 bit computers in my collection and my 5 consoles. Does that make me a geek? [/Speaks Quietly]

BTW - I voted with my Athlon XP2000+
    I don't know, there's a link out there that can tell you. That's quite the collection. I salute you.

Geez - where do you keep them all ???

Maybe you can hook up a parallel processor system with an equivalent 20 GHz speed -

The Amazing Rando said:
    I don't know, there's a link out there that can tell you. That's quite the collection. I salute you.
    I thank you or the salute, and I took the test - I got 32.74162% - Total Geek. I just felt that I'd underscored a tad.

JunoJIm said:
    Geez - where do you keep them all ???

Maybe you can hook up a parallel processor system with an equivalent 20 GHz speed -
    The PC's are in my room, the spare room, and the staircase outside those rooms. All the rest live in the two attic rooms and a room at the back of the house.
    And, yes, I have considered clustering them. A project for the future, mayhap.

^^^^

Controversial

yup well I'm not going to post my response to that because I think its against the rules
    edit: thanks GM

Hmmm.

My main computer is old so doesn't fit into those catagories.

**Mental note: must buy a new computer to participate in poll**

Jeffers

Originally posted by GoranAgar
    You forgot to add the option "I don't know." Which probably should be around 67%.
    How would that help Eidos out? Sure let's give people a general cop-out answer so their lazy * don't have to give an accurate answer.... great idea.

cheers,
    ~Enon

Unhappy

Originally posted by Jeffers
    Hmmm.

My main computer is old so doesn't fit into those catagories.

**Mental note: must buy a new computer to participate in poll**

Jeffers
    Poor Jeffers..... here, have one of Staticons.

Smile

Yes, now on a different note: AMD is the best. Ever. Intel still can't touch it.

Mate of mine once linked 6 Pentium 1 gig processors together, have no idea how it was done, but was a mean mean machine.

After using Amd now for only 2 months, I like it more than pentium, but the new xeon chips look nice, quite a good bit of speed on them.

Mine is an Athlon system at 750MHz. I'm happy with it. It's a huge jump from the previous Intel 200MHz system I had for about 5 years.
    NightRain1

Originally posted by dhama
    Poor Jeffers..... here, have one of Staticons.
    GREAT!!!!

When can I pick it up

Jeffers

Lightbulb AMD X INTEL

Originally posted by AlphaOmega
    Yes, now on a different note: AMD is the best. Ever. Intel still can't touch it.
    I also like AMD the best, but I guess the pentiums are ok for what I have heard. I am not sure, cause I have never had a comp with an Intel processor, but I guess the problem it is that Intel processors are unecessarlily expensive. When you buy an Intel, your paying for all the marketing they promote...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast