View Poll Results: What is your processor?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • AMD K6-2/K6-3 500Mhz-1.2Ghz

9 2.43%
  • AMD Duron 1Ghz-1.4Ghz

15 4.04%
  • AMD Athlon 1600+ to 2600+

107 28.84%
  • AMD Athlon 2600+ to 3200+

61 16.44%
  • Intel Pentium III 500Mhz - 1Ghz

22 5.93%
  • Intel Celeron 850Mhz - 1.4Ghz

5 1.35%
  • Intel Celeron 1.4Ghz - 2.4Ghz

7 1.89%
  • Intel Pentium 4 1.6Ghz - 2.2Ghz

46 12.40%
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.2Ghz - 2.6Ghz

34 9.16%
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz - 3Ghz

75 20.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Help Eidos out. What's your CPU?

Help Eidos out. What's your CPU?

Grey Mouser Guest

Help Eidos out. What's your CPU?

Greetings fellow forum-dwellers,

In order to more accurately predict what system requirements should be for some upcoming games we are asking you - the players - how fast is your processor?

If you don't know, an easy way to check is to look at DirectX Diagnostics:

Start>Run>type in dxdiag>Hit OK...on the System Tab what does it say for Processor?

Please take a moment to fill out our poll, pick the CPU that is closest to your own, and thank you for helping Eidos out.

GM

*Mr. Perfect glances around* Well, looks like we all have what I have.

Actually, your poll is leaving out a segment of AMD CPUs, the Pre-XP K7 Athlons. One of my machiens happen to be a 1.33GHz Athlon, so I just put a vote in the low-speed XP category for that one. Oh yeah. And if you have a 2600+, which XP category does it go under? [/nitpickmode]
    Mr. Perfect - a name fraught with peril

My current processor is a Celeron 500.

The machine I plan on building in the next few months will have more processor power than any choice on your poll(dual processor).

my cpu is lower than any of the intel celeron options

my cpu is Intel Celeron 667Mhz

pentium 4 with 2.4 GHz....

Thumbs Up

pentiummmmm 8 10.0ghz 3000mb ram 1 million gigs hard drive muahhahaha

actually im in the athlon 2.0ghz range and i have an older 350mhz that wont be used for new games.

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
    1.67 GHz
    512 MB of RAM

GeForce 3 Ti 200

SBLive!

And a whole helluva' lot of HD space

Thumbs Up

It's AMD Athlon 2.0 GHZ XP 2400+. It rocks!!!

To Grey Mouser

Greetings.

I have a suggestion for your poll, shouldn't you check out the players' graphic card too? Sometimes a fast processor doesn't means it can handle a heavy graphic game perfectly, another critical point for this issue beside processer is the graphic card.

PIII 733
    256MB PC133 RAM
    64MB GeForce 3 Ti200
    DVD Drive (see this thread)
    Win' 98 SE

... but I plan on seriously upgrading to play Thief 3

I think BlackJack's computer is only a few mzh shy of the projected minimum requirements, ne? Let's hope it stays that way!

Just so you know, GM, I've been planning on using Thief III(sic) as my excuse for upgrading to whatever is hot at the time. I mean, what we've all got now may not be applicable then.

Originally posted by ChangelingJane
    I think BlackJack's computer is only a few mzh shy of the projected minimum requirements, ne? Let's hope it stays that way!
    Yeah, though the processor / memory combo is pretty slow now, and I don't want to play at the 'minimum' recommended settings, so I reckon on upgrading the core, if not the GeForce 3, before T3.

Originally posted by Blackjack
    Yeah, though the processor / memory combo is pretty slow now, and I don't want to play at the 'minimum' recommended settings, so I reckon on upgrading the core, if not the GeForce 3, before T3.
    What's your budget for purchasing new graphic card? May be you need to consider more before you do it. GeForce 3 is a bit out date.

Hope this website will give you some help in purchasing new card.

Originally posted by Valzara
    What's your budget for purchasing new graphic card? May be you need to consider more before you do it. GeForce 3 is a bit out date.
    Actually the GF3Ti200 out-performs a number of GF4 and FX cards by some margin, and is recognised as being T3 compliant by the ISA devs. It's certainly held back by my core system, though I'll see what other bargains are around nearer the time.

PIII 733MHz
    192MB PC133 RAM
    GeForce2 MX-400 64MB

I last upgraded for Thief 2, and looks like I'll be upgrading again for Thief 3. Just need quite a bit of money first...
    This message has been brought to you by Morrgan's sleep-deprived and highly caffeinenated brain.
    Morrgan's Dark Projects - updated 03.12.2005

Athlon 2500XP
    512MB RAM
    Geforce FX5900

The graphics card was bought especially for Thief III and Deus Ex II

Big Grin Garrett should run fast

Pentium IV - 2.4Ghz processor
    512 Mb Ram
    ATI Radeon 9100 - 128 mb (bad card election!, cheap and runs fine, but not too much games are compatible)

¿WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW OUR PCs TO SET THE REQUIREMENTS?
    JUST OPTIMIZE IT TO THE MAXIMUM AND THAT'S ALL!!!!!

AMD Duron 1.1 ghz and a Radeon 9700

Cool CPU Speed

I am currently running an AMD XP 2400 Overclocked to a 2600.

This machine has a version C P4 2.8 GHz.

The other one has a Celeron 500(I chose P3 500 since it was the closest).

Intel Pentium III 700MHZ
    Hercules GeForce 2 Pro 64mb
    19" Perfect Flat monitor by ViewSonic
    640mb RAM
    Creative Sound

If I had some money I'd upgrade, but I don't at the moment. I can't play doom3 or many games that are coming out due to the requirements I won't meet LOL

Arrow

Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz
    512mb Ram
    40 GB Hard Disk
    Asus V9520 GeForce FX 5200 (non ultra) 128mb 3D Card
    Samsung 52X CD-Rom
    Windows 98 SE ( Will upgrade to XP when support for 98 SE stops )

lots of gamers have AMD Athlon.

Yes, we have seen the light. Join the light side! Unless of course you have the 800MHz FSB P4, then you're allowed to keep it.

Originally posted by Beagle Boy
    lots of gamers have AMD Athlon.
    True.
    That is because you can get the most bang for your buck with an Athlon.

Pentiums are great and the chipsets/mainboard manufacturers give Intel a ton of support. Indeed many games are optimized for Intel cpus. Yet the price is generally a bit steeper.

I'm no AMD fanatic -but I do love their price & performance as long as you have adequate cooling.

My curiosity is why anyone would overclock an Athlon when they already run hot as hell at spec.? Sure you wanna get that big performance boost but look at the life of your cpu burn up unless you can afford water cooling.

I guess it's just tinkerers taste.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last