• A PC player

5 23.81%
  • A console player

14 66.67%
  • A monkey

2 9.52%
  • A 1337 haxor

0 0%

Thread: Are you a console player or a more of a pc player???

Are you a console player or a more of a pc player???

Reaperbot Guest

Are you a console player or a more of a pc player???

Usually when I ask about jumping and a permanent crosshair, i end up arguing against most people!
    I have come from PCville and have lived there most of my life.
    I have only just moved into console land because my comp is crap now. So are you a PC player or a console player!

P.S. I still play CS and Battlefield at net cafes.

Definately a console kinda gal.
    Considering the graphics and sound compared to my antique PC, it wasn't a tough choise..

TS2 is, in my opinion, the best game I have in my collection and the only one of its kind. I think it'll be hard to top that one in TS3. Hard, but maybe not impossible?

But hey, that's my view on the subject..

Reaperbot Guest

Oooh Ooooh Aahhh Aaahhh Ahhh

I'm a firm believer in philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

If i knew what a 1337 haxor was i could be all 4

Originally posted by harry_tippers_love_child
    Oooh Ooooh Aahhh Aaahhh Ahhh

What? Nice cup o' tea?

I gave up on PC games. Checking the specs before buying a game and still not getting it to work right when I got it home. And then the next one in the series comes out and you have to update your PC. It's a conspirasy i tell ya.

It depends...i have both an up to date PC with a good video card, and i have a PS2. Some games work for the computer...like Star Wars Galaxies, and some are for PS2...like TimeSplitters 2. My preference is usually the console games as it is oftentimes easier to get used to the controls of a console game than a computer game, except for games like RTS games like Age of the Empire series etc. So, it really all depends.

Apart from being a monkey, as I put so eloquently earlier , I'm a console gamer. The thing is on consoles developers KNOW the hardware is gonna be around for longer than two weeks, so you kinda see people pushing consoles to do better and better things, unlike for PC's where a few months after you've bought a top-spec computer, developers have already given up on that, as there's newer, "better" stuff available. S'a Shame really, as PCs are obviously more powerful, but really, there's no reason that a game written today shouldn't play on an older computer, just that no-one stuck around to figure out how to do it, because the specs had already been superceded.

Plus PC's are expensive!
    I'm a firm believer in philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

Reaperbot Guest
    Yeh......but they have better graphics than all three consoles!
    They also have better multiplayer unless you don't like playing ppl you don't know.

Oh yah, online pc games have llamas in CS etc.

Haven't played computer games in years, so I can't say anything about the graphics. I do however prefer to play on a big TV screen and knowing that the game will RUN when I turn it on.

console pcs are 2 expensive with the upgrades e.t.c and i turned off when i somehow got 3 virus at the same time

Originally posted by Reaperbot
    They also have better multiplayer unless you don't like playing ppl you don't know.
    Um actually, i think that consoles have better multiplayer because you can actually play against people you do know...and are in the same room with you. PC multiplay kind of limits the social interaction, while console play allows you to play and have a life. Oh, and if you have a modum you can still play against people you don't know as well. Thus consoles have the best of both worlds

I'm for computer games almost all of the way: better controls (more controller options, fully customizable controls, and better controllers like mice for FPS titles), better graphics, more customizable titles (patches, mods, fan missions), and the best multiplayer (playing a multiplayer game on a LAN with people you know has split screen beat by miles, especially for FPS titles).

In addition to better controls, the best advantage for PC gamers is the access to patches and almost unlimited editing capabilities. The map-creation system available to TimeSplitters fans is pathetic compared to what's available to ambitious Half-life, Morrowind, and Thief fans.

I also prefer PC games because they're more "with the times" and target a broader age and gender range, making for some more cerebral titles that I'm more likely to find enjoyable.

The gap between the two main types of video games is closing as the technology converges: PCs are becoming cheaper and consoles more expensive, and consoles are starting to have more bugs and other problems (take Morrowind on the X-box as an example; for some X-box owners the bugs made it almost unplayable).

I still like console games (I'm a proud owner of an 8-bit NES), and they've definitely got their advantages, but computer games are just more my cup of tea.

Reaperbot Guest
    Originally posted by El-Spaz
    Um actually, i think that consoles have better multiplayer because you can actually play against people you do know...and are in the same room with you. PC multiplay kind of limits the social interaction, while console play allows you to play and have a life.
    But think about it!! You wouldn't be limited to only playing split screen. And there would be less slowdown as well! And there would be more players. Ahhhhh 64 player Battlefield 1942! The console is more for singleplayer people, people with crap computers(people like me, but I'm gonna get an upgrade so I might be posting less and less by playing BF1942!) and the party people. Anyway, you can always goto pc lan events if you really wanna know who you're playing!

PCS RULE!

I have consoles for playing and PC for Internet and other stuff.

Originally posted by Little_Devil
    I gave up on PC games. Checking the specs before buying a game and still not getting it to work right when I got it home. And then the next one in the series comes out and you have to update your PC. It's a conspirasy i tell ya.
    exactly, this is whats annoying me about pc games! I have raven shield for the pc and my comp has a high spec for it and should run it, but it doesn't! it just gets really slow and stops! so i turn to consoles. (just waiting for the ps2 to go online)
    DaveT

If I had a PC that would support BHD then I would DEFINITLY be a PC gamer. For the present though the latest sytsem I have is a PS2 and its been real good to me.

The multi-player on a PC is WAY more appealing to me at this moment in time for I can play w/ my friends online and the things you can do in the game are just SO much more.

The mapmaker in TS2 is GREAT, mainly because its a real time waster (not that its a waste of time to do it but that you can do it if you feel bored). But the MM in BHD is much bigger, letting you create maps outside and inside, borrowing holes in the ground to make a cave or making Hummers drive about or Black Hawks fly over head.

Overall, I'd say, Both are great.

Reaperbot Guest
    what's BHD?!?!?!!?

I grew up playing consoles. First it was the NES, then Sega and Super Nintendo, then the N64 and Playstation, and now the Playstation 2. I'm to used to using a controller that I find playing PC games to awkward. (Although I am helplessly addicted to Command and Conquer, Red Alert 2...)
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

I am definetley a console gamer. i have played console games since i was 6, and i was never "the best" gamer, just an average one. i started off with waching my sister play a super nintendo when i was like 4 or 5, then i played a N64 and a PS1, then i got a GameCube when i was 10, got a PS2 when i was 11, and got an xbox this year (i'm 12)
    Hi. Allow me to introduce myself... **pulls out double barrell shotgun and blasts your face at point blank range**