Thread: Things I would like to see in T3.

Things I would like to see in T3.

Smile Things I would like to see in T3.

I have great hopes for the new game. There are so many things I wish they would incorporate into the game. Too many to actually list here. Here are just a few of them for starters.

• Realistic AI reactions. (If you are spotted in the house, all the house guards are alerted. They must not give up looking for you too. You have been spotted INSIDE the house for goodness sake. That is not something easily forgotten.)
    • Graphics so great that you forget you are only playing a game.
    • A follow-up story/cut scene revealing more about what happened after T2.
    • More crunchy cheese.
    • Finally seeing the "frumious bandersnatch" mentioned in T2.

What are some of the things you taffers want in the game?
    http://blizzard.com/images/war3/item...of-shadows.gifLoyalty above all else... except honor.
    I went to the Cradle and all I got was this stupid t-shirt. Hey, is this blood?

I completely agree with those AI reactions you mention. I never liked the fact that if a guard sees you inside, he gives up looking for you, and he goes again to his normal state. It is OK that when he hears you he gives up, because actually he may have thought "must have been rats" or "I am too tense"

Also, a new AI reaction should be that your enemies note when you steal something that they are looking at. A clear example of what I say is mission 7 of Thief 2 (Blackmail). When you are outside the Truart Estate, that you have like four little houses that go from north to south (just when you start, in these houses there are people sleeping, some gold, and you go from one to another by jumping over the wall). The thing is that in one of these houses there is a person sitting in a chair, looking at a table, where there is gold. If you steal the gold (without knocking or killing him) he will not realize it. That should not happen.

I will also like more videos. There are three in Thief 1 and three in Thief 2. I think there should be at least one each three missions.

I would also like to play more "scary missions". At least two or three missions in the entire game, where there are zombies, burricks and all those creatures. I think that is something that was a little absent in Thief 2.

Also I would like that, when you end a mission, in the stats, it told you how many times you loaded, like in Commandos 2.

In addition to everything above, I would like a nice big exploration mission, say in a crumbling castle. Looking for evidence or an item or something. But nice and big, and beautiful, with barely any people (maybe spiders or something) and lots of physical environmental challenges (especially using the new physics). Each time the mission is played, the object in question you are searching for is in a different spot. This is a bit atypical for a Thief level, but I'd like to see it at least once ^_^

I would love to see continuous changes with each load. So loot would be in different places and guards routes would change. Plot items would move etc. I know that this would make the game infinitely replayable. Probably not possible though....
    Ahhh pipe dreams

Thumbs Up

Oh, and I forgot to mention--a great deal of the level would be in darkness, requiring the use of a torch. Lots of spiders and the occasional zombie would do nicely as well.

Originally posted by ChangelingJane
    Oh, and I forgot to mention--a great deal of the level would be in darkness, requiring the use of a torch. Lots of spiders and the occasional zombie would do nicely as well.
    Spiders?!

urgh...

i think i'm gonna throw up

can't stand the things, people find me crouching on my chair in the dark in cube rooms here at school sometimes, always playing Thief or Shock...

...can't stand the things, but I want 'em in anyway...

ChangelingJane wrote:
    In addition to everything above, I would like a nice big exploration mission, say in a crumbling castle. Looking for evidence or an item or something. But nice and big, and beautiful, with barely any people (maybe spiders or something) and lots of physical environmental challenges (especially using the new physics). Each time the mission is played, the object in question you are searching for is in a different spot.
    Using the new physics...? You mean relativity and quantum? (yes folks, it's a physics geek joke ) Well, I guess the fact that the object is in a different place each time suggests the Uncertainty Principle. Red-shifted arrows, anyone?

Bravus

Oh, quiet, you!