Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Square Enix: Smartphones

Square Enix: Smartphones

Square Enix - Android

Let's take a look at the current selection of games Square Enix has for iPhone/iPad in NA. Here we have amazing classics like: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy I, II, III, Final Fantasy Tactics, Secret of Mana, etc.

Wow, that's awesome! Let's take a look now to see what we've got in Google Play...

*crickets*

A wallpaper app, 2 comic readers (kind of), and ONLY A SINGLE GAME (Crystal Defenders).

Well, that kind of sucks, maybe it's like this everywhere. Let's check the Japanese Square Enix App Market.
    Oh interesting...they seem to have most of the games I previously mentioned...AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID. ?_?

Dear Square Enix, why can't you just make these games available for everyone? The steps are very simple:
    1. Grab .apk files from the JP Square Enix Market.
    2. Apply the translations used in the NA iOS version of these games.
    3. ?????
    4. Profit!

I think I'm not the only Android user that would love to have these games on my phone, and if they're compatible with the Xperia Play keyboard it would just blow me away.

What does everyone think?

tl;dr

Yes, a billion times yes. It costs minimal effort to release these games in the west considering they have already been localised for iOS. Heck, I know some Japanese and I can't even purchase the games without being IN Japan.

If you do not release this, Squeenix, mark my words: I will eventually crack your system, and I will eventually play your games. TAKE MY MONEY!

I would also buy them ALL.

Yeah, tha's exactly how I feel!

I played FFII on my old old iPhone and it was AWESOME! The day they release a FF to Android, I'm buying it!

Btw, I found this on the Android Google I/O app:

plus.google.com/u/0/11826745759613837394...

What do you guys think? Maybe they do will announce FFIII on Google I/O?

id buy and play em all

Originally Posted by Marcos

Yeah, tha's exactly how I feel!

I played FFII on my old old iPhone and it was AWESOME! The day they release a FF to Android, I'm buying it!

Btw, I found this on the Android Google I/O app:

plus.google.com/u/0/11826745759613837394...

What do you guys think? Maybe they do will announce FFIII on Google I/O?

OMG! Please bring Chrono Trigger first!!!

Hello everyone, maybe you'd like to check this ->

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...

Final Fantasy III for Android!

Let's hope it's only a start and soon we will see FFT and Chrono Trigger ported to Android as well!

Originally Posted by Marcos

Hello everyone, maybe you'd like to check this ->

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...

Final Fantasy III for Android!

Let's hope it's only a start and soon we will see FFT and Chrono Trigger ported to Android as well!

I know, I just came here to post this! Thanks for doing this SE!! This is now the first step, hopefully we'll see all the catalog from Japan coming to NA eventually. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

Looks like FFIII is doing quite well on Android:

i.imgur.com/JRaWA.png

i.imgur.com/PxG4x.png

See Square? Bringing your games here is quite profitable. Now give us Chrono Trigger and the other titles with Xperia Play keyboard support! [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif[/img]

Purchased. Totally worth it. Now bring in Chrono Trigger =D

Heads up for those who have a Xperia Play (like me ) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light has been released on Google Play for only $0.99!

Keep 'em coming Squeenix!

And another Final Fantasy has hit the store: Final Fantasy I available now!

Also, for some reason Lara Croft has been removed from the store. I hope it's back soon.

Final Fantasy Dimensions to arrive in Google Play and the App Store on August 31st.

Also, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light came back a couple of weeks ago to the store. Xperia phone owners rejoice!

Turns out all the sites were wrong in reporting that FF: Dimensions would be out for Android on 8/31/2012.

Again, Square Enix treats Non-Japanese Android users as if we do not exist.... Even though FF-III on Android is the single highest grossing premium (non F2P/Fremium garb) Android game. It should be a no brainer to take these games already ported and developed all over hell and back and put them on Android to make even more money on already developed IPs. COME ON SQUENIX!!!!! PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING OF YOUR PLANS.

SE had a good momentum but it looks like it has lost it. C'mon Square, gives us FF Dimensions and the other games!

Dear Communinity,
    An issue that many have commented in regard to android vs ios can be easily explained. Many users have shown frustration over the lack of new mobile games aimed at the android market that have been released for the ios market.

[Ps, I am an android user and I hate apple products and think of them as just expensive peices of fashion rather than quality products. So please understand why I may say some stuff android users may not want to like it is sadly true.]

Reason A: Device Compatibility,
    As many may be able to guess creating a game to work on a limited amount of devices is easier than creating a game that must cover an ever growing huge amount of devices. This put simply means that the iOS runs on a limited amount of devices. This means that creating the game to work on such devices is easier as there is less work to be done to get them working on each iOS device. With this said the truth is not the same on android that can come on an amazing amount of devices. Now consider port a game first to 5-9 devices with no real difference in screen size or ability or port to 100+ devices all running different hardware, different versions of Os and different screen sizes. This means it simply takes a far greater amount of time to get a game workng on most android devices than on iOS devices.

Reason B: Profit
    Why many people will argue that games will sell on android just as well as on iOs this sadly has not been proven. With market research many companies and sites have proven that currently users of iOS devices seem more willing to pay for content that android users. In March 2012, Flurry crunched data from developers using its tracking tools in their apps, and claimed that given the same number of users per platform, a developer who got $1 on the iTunes App Store would get $0.23 from Google Play. Why this may be true it may also be down to the fact that android offers so many free games that we just dont see the need to pay for games we can get similar for free. Either way its only good bussiness sense to start from the richer market first.

Reason C: 5-7Years HeadStart,
    Why google have done there best to update the play store in the recent years apple have sadly been there for over 5 years. This put simply means that most users of an iOS device use itunes and with this said most of the accounts on itunes will at some point be linked to a credit card. This how ever was not the case until recent with android with updates to the play store. Until recently compared to iOS devices purchasing content could be a pain in the rear end. Google are catching up and fast but a 5-7 year gap in users who have registered credit card details is not made up in the blink of an eye.

The majority of app developers are driven by two simple motives: where they see the most revenues, and by the constraints of their resources and team size. And both those presently favour Apple - substantially. This will change in the future but why more people own android devices as of this point the fact remains a head start will keep even the most gifted people at bay for atleast a short time.

Well there you go,
    Now people can hopefully understand the square enix is not just ignorning android users because they are lazy its simply because atm porting games to android or translating games from the asian market to the western market is second to iOS. Not something I want to be true but how ever it is.

But do not worry this trend is changing so you could soon be seeing many iOS users making the same complaints android users make.

Chaos Rings has been released on Google Play. HOWEVER, for some idiotic reason SE decided to not let this game work on rooted devices. This doesn't make any sense as root access has nothing to do with being able to pirate apps.

Fix this ASAP Squeenix, and you better not pull this again for future releases. >

So I kind of have a dumb question, but do these games require an Internet connection?

Originally Posted by new_tradition

So I kind of have a dumb question, but do these games require an Internet connection?

I don't know whether you need to be online at all times, but you might want to download them through wi-fi, as all Squeenix games are VERY big.

On a side note, Chaos Rings was patched and now root users can enjoy the game too!

We are aware of the issue affecting Android users who attempt to download Chaos Rings with rooted devices. We are currently working towards applying an update that will grant those players access to the game and we expect this update to go live sometime next week.

We thank the Android community for its patience and continued support as we continue to bring great mobile games to the Android platform.

Thanks for dropping by Robert but lol at the reply. I said that Chaos Rings had been fixed. :P

Anyways, I'm dropping by because finally, the king has arrived. Ladies and gentlemen, Chrono Trigger for Android. :*)

Square Enix: Smartphones

I have not gotten any type of reasons why some of your iOS ports have not been updated for the iPhone 5. Games like FFI, FF2, and TWEWY all still have the old resolutions and was wondering if there would be any way to get these updated. Also, on more of a side note: When will the iOS version of FFT WotL be updated to have HD sprites and iPhone 5 resolution? I just want an answer if at all possible. Thank you.

Does Square Enix even look at this forum? No response for six days? I do not get an answer or even an email? What is with that? Some of these games need updates and have been in need of them for some time. Customer service is a key part of business and your fans make that business. I am not understanding why nothing has been done to even express your concern. I do not expect something to be done right away, all I am asking for is a response.

I'd recomment that you contact the [SQUARE ENIX Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f...

Support for Android 4.3 and 4.4 for Square Enix Titles

Does Square Enix intend to fix Chrono Trigger, Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings Omega, and Drakerider for android 4.3 and 4.4? Wanting an answer so I know if I paid around $60-75 total for icons on my tablet. I am currently using Google's flagship nexus 7 device which I would assume would be the pinnacle of compatibility with android apps and has been except for Square Enix apps. Most of the games have had a message in updates for months stating update will be incoming for these issues. Advising me to downgrade to 4.2.2 is not an acceptable answer. I have currently been purchasing what was previously square soft and enix products since 1987 and 1988 respectively.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last