Thread: Custom Object Newbie desperately seeks guidance

Custom Object Newbie desperately seeks guidance

Big Grin Custom Object Newbie desperately seeks guidance

I am trying to make custom objects, and am using Anim8or. So, is there a tut for using that program instead of with Adobe (Schwaa's tut is magnificent, but some of those options don't seem to exist with Anim8or). Off to search some more. If anyone can help me, though, I would so appreciate it. thanks all
    Is't thou suggesting coconuts MIGRATE, friend?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Lord Maguire Estates Pt.1 - Released 4/03
    Lord Maguire Estates Pt. 2 - 70% completed - Yes, it has changed, I am closer to completion. Now if only life would step out of the way...

There are a number of tutorials at http://www.anim8or.com

In the Downloads section, there's a user manual and in the Tutorials section there are more specific tutorials.

Red Face (Embarrassed) Well, slap me twice and call me Suzy

How did I miss those? Thanks, RSoul, I had already printed out the whole manual - I missed all that stuff though. You are the man. But, those tuts don't help with UV texturing - neither does the manual really. (At least, not that I can understand). My .e file won't convert to .bin until my Textures have UV coords (whatever that means). Can you help me with that? Or steer me in the right direction? Oo, oo, I know what I'll do, I'll search.

Big Grin New problems now - all in the process of learning

Yes, well, I don't know if I understand UV Texture coords yet, but it didn't seem to be a problem this time. Rather, I kept getting

yo! you have -1 points left.
    non convex with a big scientific number

It then crashed my puter right after my computer told me I had low Virtual memory or System memory. Time for me to upgrade - I knew the day would come (sniff sniff). My Gidget is growing up and needing more memory...

This is for anyone else with the same UV probs I've had

http://members.lycos.nl/jonim8or/index.html

Awesome site, very helpful

The UV mapper tutorial is very good.

Now I may be able to do proper textures on my objects.