Thread: The best way to get someone's attention. (funny, a must read)

The best way to get someone's attention. (funny, a must read)

The best way to get someone's attention. (funny, a must read)

This is the text from a picture my dad sent me. Its a news article.

The title is "Getting Attention, Round like a shot"

Here it is;

Going to bed the other night, I noticed people in my shed stealing things.

I phoned the police but was told no one was in the area to help. They said they would send someone over as soon as possible.

I hung up. A minute later I rang again. "Hello", I said. "I called you a minute ago because there were people in my shed. You don't have to hurry now, because I shot them."

Within minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area plus police helicopters and an armed response unit. They caught the burglars red handed.

One of the officers said: "I thought you said you'd shot them."

To which I replied: "I thought you said there was no one available."

- Tony Gladstone

That's one way to get someone's attention

EDITED: Apparently, this is a real incident.. So I'm guessing Tony Gladstone is the guy in the story. Since the story refers as "I" and not "he".

You can find the scan of this cut-out news clip here.

Big Grin

LOL Certainly a creative way to get the cops to your door. As goofed up as law enforcement seems to be any more, I would have thought the guy who said he'd shot the burglars would be put in jail and the burglars would get away.

Dont know about that...

Self-Defense might apply here...

He called the cops and no one was available so he took it into his own hands...

Not to mention the fact that the burglars werent shot, he just said he shot them...

So you cant really go to jail for saying a lie... If so, they would have to turn Earth into a very large prison

Cause everyone lies. Especially Politicians. So imagine what chaos there would be if you were arrested for lying...

(im refering to "little lies" and not like lying about killing someone)

Well, it's certainly self defense. But, I've heard more than a few weird stories where the person who is the victim ends up being convicted of a crime while the criminal goes free. Kinda like, if someone broke into your house and you hit them with a frying pan or something--then you got arrested for attacking them! Wacko, but it happens...

Yah. I saw some of these types of crimes on CSI (or CSI Miami.. not sure)..

I also saw a few crimes that, apparently, are based on old silent films..

Person [A] Kills Person [B] but Person [C] is the "obvious" suspect cause they have motive and oppertunity and all that stuff. then, person [B] (the actual criminal) kills person [C] making it look like a suicide...

So you got 1 dead person and your only suspect who apparently commited suicide (im guessing on the premise that taking a life was just too much to bare or something...).

And my parents said you don't learn anything from watching tv...

Ofcourse, CSI (and CSI Miami) were'nt out back then

Wink

The one true thing I've learned from TV is that I don't have much of anything else to do with my time but watch TV...

I cant help it. Star Trek and CSI are just too good! Learning stuff is just a free bonus

Wink

I don't really even have any television shows that I bother to keep up with week to week any more, so if I had hoped to learn anything from them, I'm kinda outta luck there. If the TV is on, I'm either watching a video, or I've got it turned to a channel I couldn't care less about watching and it's basically on for no good reason at all.

Yeah, I'm weird...

Hehe. Busy days?

My routine just got so boring latley. We got kicked out of our apartment cause we reported the building to the health and building inspectors (it was rediculous, holes everywhere, it stank like hell. no ventilation.. definitley not safe health-wise).

We're living with my uncle now until we can find a new spot to live. We got 48 hours (tomorow is the last day we can do it) to get our stuff out. And we only got 4 hours to do it.....

Sigh....