Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Concerning Chat Support

Concerning Chat Support

Concerning Chat Support

I need to recover my POL ID, and I am not able to get in touch with chat support. I've submitted a ticket, but I'd like the issue to get solved quicker than 48-hours as I was told I would have to wait this long. Everytime I try and connect to chat support it just says "Come back during business hours. 9am PDT~

It's 9:30am PDT. any suggestions?

Chat has been giving me the run around about my issue too. Phone support was supposed to be my saviour but looks like they will not be getting another subscription and new SoA ultimate package sold due to them not wanting to address it. Thanks so much SE for ignoring the customer base.

I'm sure they're busy, I've never really had problems with their game before they just don't have a "forgot POL ID" feature which is such an easy issue.

What problems are you having that you need to contact support for? I might be able to help.

My original account was hacked a few years ago. Did not want to jump through the hoops of a notary form so I neglected it at the time. I inquired about getting it back and was told it was banned over a year ago, and no reversal is allowed since it has been over a year and content deleted. I was told by another rep that I can request a formal ban investigation to lift it and the data was in fact, still there. I am just sick of the run around.

I really like their games man, I do. Their support is so lacking right now though. This is rough. I'd just like to play the game and be done with it.

While things work, they work good, if not great. But when things do not it sucks.Good luck with your issue man.

Also, I have a question for you, what time were you able to get ahold of their Customer service Via Chat?

Have not been able to access chat. I accessed chat last week sometime and that was it.

So much for trying to get this resolved before work then..

Oh well =\ tough luck for me I guess, lol.

Again, good luck with your issue.

Chats up now.

Thread can be closed @ mods

Nope, still permabanned since it was banned after being hacked. Only Sir Carl Hidalgo can reverse the ban decision, though that is not likely to happen from what I have read/heard from others. Too bad, I wanted to be a paying customer again, but wrongfully banned is a killswitch for me.

I been to the support menu, about a dozen times, and still can't find a chat option. It is like it is hidden or something. Yet another annoying thing about this website.

I'm already very frustrated and pissed off at spending hours here, to place an order in the store that should of taken 5 minutes. (5 minutes that turns into hours of my time).

Can someone tell me if there is still a chat feature? And how do I access it. I'm located in North America.

support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i...

[Please select the appropriate category.] - [Contact Details] - [Next] - [Proceed to Chat Support]

Invalid Code, just kicked from chat support

So after a 24 hour wait (which from what I'm reading isn't to bad), my girlfriend and I both received our access codes for ARR. However when we try to register them both of our codes come up as "invalid".

So I have been trying to call the customer support number and it just keeps beeping "busy" and disconnecting.

So I log into the SE support page and I sat in the chat queue for almost 2 hours. Finally I was next in queue. What happened next? "We're sorry there are no agents available to help you, please try again later". I click on "try again" and I'm bumped back to 175 in queue.

I have to say this is some pretty bad customer support service.

However has anybody figured out how to resolve this yet?

With the Early code just don't give up somehow it suddenly grabs your code if there is high traffic. And make sure you set your account to the right server. So if you got early acces code from NA, use it on the site on a server which resides in NA. EU for EU and JP for JP! ALSO to change your account to the right language setting, you do that here:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/profile/edit/basic

or/and here:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/

or/and here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...rp=Service_SEE

MAKE SURE YOU SYNC YOUR LANGUAGE ( REGION ) ON ALL LOGINS AND MAKE SURE TO USE THE EARLY ACCES CODE IN THAT SPECIFIC REGION!

and use this link! to keep up to date!

You can find out more about the game here: www.finalfantasyxiv.com.

Don’t forget to follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
    Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
    Last edited by Ringoo; 26th Aug 2013 at 18:52.

I did all that and still am getting "invalid code" . Perhaps the gremlins will dissapear tomorrow for full launch? Although it sucks that I paid for the early access, at this point I'll just be happy if I can ever play at all.

Also I did manage to get the customer support phone number to pick up. However I just spent 45 minutes on hold listening to the same "all our customer service agents are busy" message over and over and over and over again. I think I'll name her Melanie. Still no support at all and I couldn't stay on the phone any longer.

6 hours in chat support queue, really SE?

I have been kicked out of chat support 3 times now, and never when I was "number 150" in queue.... ALWAYS after waiting two hours to get to number 1. They even left me on hold with phone support for an hour and a half before just dropping my call! All I want from you SE is to unlock my account that got fubared thanks to your sloppy android authenticator app that froze my device the first time I used it (great way to miss out on the early access I preordered for, but w/e). Now the authenticator thinks it hasn't been registered, and obviously I can't get another reg. code without it. Blizzard customer service would happily unlock/recover my account after a 10 minute hold on phone, and they served 12,000,000 people at their peak. As it stands, by the time (if) I do get my account sorted I will have spent the equivalent of a full work day trying to contact customer service. That is unacceptable even by Free to play standards.

i wish i could promote this thread or something. i'm thinking about taking a 30 dollar loss and never buying from this company again.

HI ,

I was trying to play MMO FF14 EU based using early access ( pre order) and registration code ( attach on ps3 physical box game) but it said " The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer valid. Please check your entries. "? I gotten the right code and number etc. Even my registration code on ps3 is invalid. Any solutions for this cause I do not think that code is a problem.

Please advise and thank you.

Chat Support Down

I am writing this because i have waited in customer support chat for all day yesterday and today while at work so a full 16hrs(in 2hr intervals) just to have it instantly once i get to 1 more person in front of me cancel and state there are no reps avail to assist me. Square-Enix i need to unlink my security token from my act so that i can actually play the collectors edition of ffxiv that i bought 3months ago. What i don't understand is why you have neglected to even release any statements or do anything for us customers that are trying to get issues resolved so we can enjoy what we paid for. Is chat support down or just swamped? Is email support down or just swamped? I haven't bothered using the phone support yet because i know what will happen with that nothing. An official statement and effort on your end as well as some form of compensation for all this ineptitude would be greatly appreciated. Communication is key square-enix so communicate with us what is going on and what you are going to do to resolve it and make things right for us the consumer.

I know how ya feel, ive been on phone support for like 2 hours and 11 minutes already and still no where and I sent an email round 3 hours ago as well

Ive spent now a total of 20 hours in chat support waiting for assistance and still no help. I JUST received a response from my email to support saying they received my email and they'll respond within 48hrs so by the time they finally respond it'll be 7 days after the start of early access. I did finally try to call their support and all it was rewarded with for my effort was a busy signal. Still with absolutely no communication from them on as what is going on and why they are just leaving us flapping in the wind with no attempt to help us.

Thumbs Down Chat support waisted 4 hours of my time. Email support is past 48 hours.

I'm really getting irritated. I've been trying to contact square enix about trying to merge two accounts I have. I originally started playing FFXIV 1.0 a couple years back and quit after being frustrated with performance and the general feel of the game. I recently created a new square enix account thinking I lost access to my old one.

Now I have access to both, one has my beta characters and FFXI account, the other has my FFXIV account and a separate version of ffxi I purchased. I'm just trying to merge these accounts and I'm getting frustrated with trying to contact customer support.

The user ID's are as follows:
    thegreensmile
    Snoopicus

both have security tokens attached and I have access to both accounts.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Rolleyes Chat support doesn't work (auto-cancels)

I've sat in the queue for the chat support for five or six times, and when I FINALLY get to the end of the queue (usually 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours) it tells me no one's available and automatically cancels the chat. The ONE time this didn't happen I was number 50 or so and the page refreshed and the next thing I knew I was number 267 in the queue. Why does Square even bother to offer a chat service if it never works?

(Also, I've tried on multiple computers, using multiple browsers, in different cities, on different ISPs... so don't waste your time trying to tell me it's something on my end.)

Been trying to get a chat support since last week.. At least 3 attempts a day.. ALWAYS "No agents available". I'm not one to tear into customer support guys, but I'm starting to think they don't exist, and all this queues are just a clever ploy to distract us long enough for under-paid grad students to go through our tickets and solve them one by one.

There is one time that it connected me to someone, but that was when I got too sleepy and accidentally queued for EU chat support. Got my hands on EU agents on my first try. NA agents, bah. Seriously, I'll take anyone. I'll even take the janitor with modicum understanding of the staffs and their jobs just so I can have him pass a note to someone even remotely important enough to bump my ticket since trying to talk to them proves to be harder than trying to summon the devil.

Live chat support how-to?

So, I've been trying to get a live chat support for a week now, trying at least 3 times a day. Every time since last week, I've had "no agents available." I've considered the possibility that no such service is available and it was all a decoy to get us to queue for nothing while they work on our tickets. But as I googled, I found people that have made contact with the elusive chat agents, and even had their issues solved in less than 24 hours.

So, I'm asking, what's the secret? Do I need to be in certain part of town, knock on suspicious door using their secret knock, do the secret handshake with the guard, sacrifice a lamb/virgin, strip naked and dip myself into a bath tub filled with strawberry milk before trying to queue? Or should I track down any SE employee, convince them that I'm not insane, give them my support ticket number, and compliment their loved ones with a hint of threat?

Surely they can't be contacted by normal means, can they? Anyroad, I got the chicken blood to draw the summoning and binding runes and a lamb prepared. Just tell me the incantation to summon the elusive chat agents. Also got strawberry milk prepared just in case.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last