Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LoK: Defiance will be debuted @ E3

LoK: Defiance will be debuted @ E3

In addition, Eidos will debut several new titles at the show including Ion
    Storm's Thief for Xbox and PC; Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain: Defiance and
    Chain Gang; and Climax's Italian Job, based on the upcoming film release from
    Paramount Pictures on May 30, 2003.
    read more at: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2003,+03:55+PM

I figured you guys would love to hear this news, just like I did

Looks like the same dumb sounding write up for the description as that other .balloon'. I wonder if that's an unofficial write up or if they just meant it to sound like crap. Oh well.

And either this gives real support to the other one, or somebody's site is ripping off somebody else's.

I'm really not too excited about this 'news'. Many of us have been saying this for a long time that it would be at E3. Plus all the other threads with news, like the "SR3 Suprise title at E3" Thread. Not suprising, just a dumb write up IMO.

Anyway, I think 1 thread would have sufficed for this.

This actually seems to be from a reputable source. I'm still going to hold out for an official announcement though.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by blincoln
    This actually seems to be from a reputable source. I'm still going to hold out for an official announcement though.
    As will I. I often find it humorous that third-party websites choose to post the announcement (true or not) even before the home company's website does. (Both US and UK version). Kind of makes you wonder if it's a good idea to be plastering third-party information (true or not) on the home company's forum.

I guess decency and respect to those who actually do us the favor is also a dead artform. It's not like they wanted to wait to say something or anything.

I'll refrain from commenting on the SPAM issue, seeing that this exact post was made over on the BO forums as well.

i also read the note on gamers.com

Legacy of Kain: Defiance: This sequel merges the stories of Kain and Raziel, letting players control both vampiric anti-heroes on a quest to discover their shared destiny. Both characters wield magical swords in addition to magical powers (including telekinesis) that let them smite their enemies from afar.*

thats according to gamespot

im wondering if its BS or true

Big Grin Eidos officially revealed

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/400/400...html?fromint=1

Edit:

Is it like Eidos does this without CD's knowledge or something?

As will I. Besides, that write up still sounds like crap.

I dunno! The write ups must be growing on me...

Big Grin

It's all about the corporate machine's glory I tell you. And yes Rando, I have found first graders with better journalism skills.

I agree with Warp. Everything except the Gamer's Hell writeup has sounded good to me. =P

I am a little confused though, as to why everyone *except* Eidos seems to be announcing the Eidos lineup for E3 at this point.

Lightbulb

Because higher ups at Eidos are apparently SMOKING CRACK maybe?

I guess Moebius has been running out of cash again. He's turned to dealing once more.
    "I will ransom them from the power of the grave,
    I will redeem them from death.
    O Death, I will be your plagues!
    O Grave, I will be your destruction!
    Pity is hidden from My eyes."

Hosea 13:14

I am a little confused though, as to why everyone *except* Eidos seems to be announcing the Eidos lineup for E3 at this point.
    LOL. Why that was the first thing I noticed too. I've been keeping tabs on both of the Eidos sites (US/UK) and the announcement threads) and so far nada.

You'd think we'd have a little more organization and agreement in regards to when press statements are released.

I just feel bad for CD. With all this recent hype, if they get put back because of some crisis, all hell is going to break loose and they're going to be the ones getting the flack because of it.

Gotta love this aspect of Capitalism.

I find every new link or info leak more and more convincing - However, I won't truly believe it untill I see it on the Eidos sites and/or under "Official Announcements" here in the forums. God, I really do hope it's true though.
    http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=biteme69

I agree with Warp. Everything except the Gamer's Hell writeup has sounded good to me. =P
    Nah, it sounds ok to me, but that's a prob because this is LoK. I have higher standards for this series. It just doesn't seem up to par to me-something seems wrong and more like it's geared the same way BO2 was as much to newer players. That's just what I think of it anyway.

I also sure hope that Defiance is a working title. bleh. It's just too . . .generic for my liking.

Thumbs Up

Well considering that the entire series to-date has been nothing but defiance, I too think we could've come up with something else.

And I think, at the very least, they could take this BO2-style combo/juggling crap out of it. It's an adventure game, not a friggin' fighter, for crap's sake... I don't mind a few ground combinations, but if I see anything on the order of Soul Calibur, I may puke.

BAH!!!
    http://www.angelfire.com/art2/thirdpersona/rio.txt

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell... "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
    Well considering that the entire series to-date has been nothing but defiance, I too think we could've come up with something else.
    Well, since they're going more mainstream appeal (at least it seems to me from the very limited knowledge we have), let's try and help them come up with other generic titles that shouldn't be used (Maybe this should be it's own thread).

How about LoK:Paradox
    LoK:Shifters

Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
    Well, since they're going more mainstream appeal (at least it seems to me from the very limited knowledge we have), let's try and help them come up with other generic titles that shouldn't be used (Maybe this should be it's own thread).

How about LoK:Paradox
    LoK:Shifters
    Okay, before I do this, let me say I'm not trying to be insulting - just giving my opinion.

Paradox would be far too much of a cornball connection to the second game. The tie-in might be nice in your mind, but once you see it on paper it will look silly - plus, the focus of the game won't be Raziel-the-walking-paradox, but rather the undoing of the forces that caused him to come to that point in the first place. So really, it doesn't work.

As for Shifters - I think you can see the rub here - it's so plainly descriptive of what Raziel and Kain have been doing all along as to be almost painful. This is the kind of name you give to a film you expect slow people to attend, and still not get at the end that the main character really, really wanted to kill the badguy dead with his bang-bang gun.

I'm not going to be so bold as to suggest any titles, because at this point nothing with any true ring to it comes to mind. Well, okay, so maybe I'll shoot off a couple - but they won't be any better than the ones I just decried - but I guess anything for the sake of fun is really worth it in the end.

How about...

LoK: Revelation(s)
    LoK: Until the End of Forever.
    LoK: Breaking the Cycle (yes, I'll be sued by Disturbed)
    LoK: More fun than Brain Surgery!
    LoK: Just another in an ever-growing empire of franchises!

And my personal favorite...

LoK: Moichandising! Moichandising!! MOICHANDISING!!!

(Seriously, CD, I appreciate the effort you're putting into this one - but I can't resist a good bit of cynical wordplay every now and again.)

BAH!!!

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell... "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

Originally posted by Riovanes

Paradox would be far too much of a cornball connection to the second game. The tie-in might be nice in your mind, but once you see it on paper it will look silly
    BAH!!!
    other generic titles that shouldn't be used
    Alright Mr. English Major, I hope you realize that shouldn't is a contraction that means should not. This whole title thing is just for a few kicks about how they could bastardize the title a bit more. But I'm sure you know what the definition means, and what I was saying upon closer inspection.

Originally posted by Riovanes
    And I think, at the very least, they could take this BO2-style combo/juggling crap out of it. It's an adventure game, not a friggin' fighter, for crap's sake... I don't mind a few ground combinations, but if I see anything on the order of Soul Calibur, I may puke.

BAH!!!
    I think it'd be cool to be able to knock people in the air and then blast 'em with projectiles. I hope we can do that!

Alright Mr. English Major, I hope you realize that shouldn't is a contraction that means should not. This whole title thing is just for a few kicks about how they could bastardize the title a bit more. But I'm sure you know what the definition means, and what I was saying upon closer inspection.
    Ah... I must've skimmed right over that part... Sorry, my angst reflexes are a bit rusty - haven't had a good reason to use them in a while, and I've been getting ansy...

BAH!!!

I'm dissapointed in you Rio, but you know I couldn't resist. It's not often you leave yourself open. You better keep training during the off-season or else you get rusty.

I like the idea of more complex combat. Not like Blood Omen 2, just more capabilities than the fighting in SR1 and 2. OTOH, I hope the story remains the focus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast