Thread: There've been a lot of rumors going around as of late about FE3's cancellation...

There've been a lot of rumors going around as of late about FE3's cancellation...

There've been a lot of rumors going around as of late about FE3's cancellation...

A bunch of the members of another FE3 message board including myself went on an e-mailing campaign months ago. We sent e-mails to tons of different gaming websites, game magazine websites, and of course Eidos and Kronos. Well FINALLY one of them replied (to kingpin126), Game Informer, with this:

"Last I heard, it's been canned. That'd be sad if it's true. -- Justin Leeper"

Along with employees from various video game stores (online stores anyway) saying that the Fear Effect: Inferno pre-order page was taken out, it doesn't look too good...I'm still hoping that the game's going to be released though. If it isn't...I'd like to know why.

It is not listed in the E3 line-up, either. I hope it's not cancelled. Eidos can't be a one-trick pony with just TR. Square made that mistake with singling out it's Final Fantasy series, and twice went to the edge of closing it's doors and now has to merge to survive. The FE games are among my favorite, and Eidos would be fools to let it fall into oblivion.

I would REALLY like to know what's up with FE3. Kronos? KRONOS? Hello?

My only guesses are:

1. Eidos is holding it back indefinitely so it can work on promoting it's other girl game, TR. I think this is at least partially true because for the longest time FE 3 was slated for a July release, and that's not happening now.

2. Sometimes at E3 developers like to "surprise" us with new stuff that we already knew about. Maybe they have something planned for FE3 and wish to keep it under wraps until E3.

Either way, The FE series taking too long to get another game out is having a bigger impact on making people lose interest than TR's delays have had. There's two or three half-active people here in this forum?