Thread: Dangerous walls

Dangerous walls

Dangerous walls

I'm trying to make a poisonous wall. The effect I'm trying to achieve is that if Garrett touches the wall (solid brush) it will knock off a hit point or two. I'e seen the ffect done before but I can't recall where and it may well have been an object rather than a brush. Any ideas?

Thumbs Up

Create a banner with a non-render metaprop added to it..
    Then place the proper stim on it with a contact as it's setting..What version is this for? 1 or 2?
    I can whip up a real quick mis file and tut for you if you like.

Here is did the write up for ya.

1. Create Banner (anytype)

2 .Edit the size to the area you want to cover.
    Make sure to edit the boundingbox size as well in the properties
    Physics>Model>Dimensions- x,y,z

3. Add Rendered>Render Type = Not Rendered

4. Add Act/React>Source
    Object = Concrete Object ID #
    Stimlus = ToxicStim
    Propagtor = Contact
    Intensity = 2

5. Add>Metaproperty>Vulnerabilities>Resistances = WeaponProof

Any questions..just give a yell

Or if you have a custom texture in mind for this effect. Open the textures in the Heirarchy find the texture in the list and add this..

1. Add Act/React>Source
    Object = texture ID # (well be a negative number)
    Stimlus = ToxicStim
    Propagtor = Contact
    Intensity = 2

This will require a custom gam..which seems to be the norm lately. Also any place this texture is used will have this effect.
    The Miracle of Modern Pharmaceuticals.
    Gotta love them.

Actually what I've done is made a boiler room and as well as various plumbing paraphanalia from the object list there are plenty of things made from brushes. As it's all belching steam I thought it would be a good touch to have it scalding hot too.
    This is my first mission so things like custom gamsys and so forth may be beyound me (unless you type...really...really...slow)

In thief 1 in the maw of chaos, there are some crystals which hurt when you touch them.
    I think they were made of solid brushes.
    You could have a look at how they did that.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog