Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ: It might have your answer.

Exclamation Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ: It might have your answer.

Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ:

Q: i can't save/load my Tomb Raider game on my PC.

A: Don't start the game using the Windows Autostart. Click 'Start', 'Programs' and then the corresponding shortcut for the game.

Q: My Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 won't run on Windows XP.

A: Right click on the SHORTCUT you use to start the game. Select Properties, then Compatibility, and run in Windows 98 compatibility mode. If you don't have compatibility mode, update your Windows XP.

Install the latest driver for your sound and graphiccards.

Q: I'm playing on Playstation and it keeps saying I don't have a memory card in (but I do and it's working). The game was made for playstation and I have a playstation 2.

A: you can't save PSX games on PS2 8 MB memory cards.

Q: I have no Sound in Tomb Raider 1 on WinME or below (not XP).

A: When you get the sound setup, you will want to select Manually Select Sound Card. Choose the first Sound Blaster Option, Your Port 220, DMA 1, and IRQ 5. Don't click TEST, just save those settings.

Q: How do I get off the Quad?

A: Press 'Roll' ('End' on the PC) + left/right

Q: How do I exit TR: The Last Revelation?

A: Press P to get into the Menu.

Smile Tomb Raider 1 Runs Fine On Windows XP

Tomb Raider 1 Runs Fine On Windows XP

1. You have to use VDMSound to fix/emulate the DOS sound. This works around the IRQ/DOS sound issues very nicely.

2. The background audio (ambient music) from the CD will not play unless you use Glidos. That is the only fix I know of for CD audio not playing. Glidos ($10) is not mandatory, but it sure makes Tomb Raider look good and you get the ambient sound too.

Re: Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ: It might have your answer.

Originally posted by GoranAgar

A: When you get the sound setup, you will want to select Manually Select Sound Card. Choose the first Sound Blaster Option, Your Port 220, DMA 1, and IRQ 5. Don't click TEST, just save those settings.
    This varys from one PC to another. I have to use this on my Windows 98 SE machine with a Sound Blaster Live 5.1: Port 220, DMA 3, and IRQ 5

Here's how to check yours:

1. Right Click on My Computer, select Properties, and then the Device Manager Tab.

2. This may also vary, but my SBLive has a section called "Creative Miscellaneous Devices". Under that is "Creative SB16 Emulation". Select the Properties for that, then the Settings Tab.

3. The info you want is under: SB Port, IRQ, and 8 bit DMA
    This is what mine says. Setup your sound card according to what yours says: SB Port (220), IRQ (5), 8 bit DMA (3)

Note: My sound card is actually on IRQ 7, but the emulation (yes, you need this even in Windows 98) is on IRQ 5. You do not have to install Creatives DOS drivers for this, and to my knowledge, you don't want to install them...EVER. They cause many problems/conflicts every time I've tried. I install Creatives WDM, Drivers Only. Nothing else.

If all else fails, these are the values that may work. They are stored in the HMISET.CFG file in your C:\TOMBRAID folder. You can use Notepad to view/edit it.

Sound Blaster
    Port: 220
    DMA: 1 or 3 (3 is not even an option in the setup menu on mine, I put it there manually in the HMISET.CFG, no sound if I don't)
    IRQ: 3, 5 or 7

Since there seem to be some folks with some tech savvy around, I'll throw out my little problem. I recently installed a Radeon32mb card in my PC and it plays all games I own great - except TR1. It won't even install - when I load the CD and it starts to run, it just displays video gibberish- brightly colored patterns of lines- you can't even install the game. It plays Diablo, Myst , and other DOS era games fine. Any body else encountered this, found a fix? No biggie - I've played it about ten times anyway.
    And before anyone suggests Glidos, remember that you have to be able to install TR1 normally to begin with before you can use it.

Never Mind. As it turns out, the guy who makes Glidos has anticipated this problem, and supplies an installer. I used it, got Gidos to work, and now I can play TR1 in 3D graphics. It's beautful beyond belief. I do believe I'm gonna send the guy $10 and get the full version.

No it isn't. It's 24. Dyslexic you are.
    ALL COMMENTS BASED ON PC VERSIONS ONLY.

I have Windows ME and I can't start the fricken game. I see the Eidos screen and then a loading bar and then it quits to the desktop. I have the newest patch. I have Tomb Raider 4

Wink

Tomb Raider 4 crashing at startup:

Usually caused by crappy Nvidia drivers.
    Run the setup and disable FMV (Full Motion Video) to test this. If it runs after this, it's your video card drivers.
    Nvidia drivers version 30.82, and 43.45 should fix this.

Disclaimer:This is how it is on my PC's. Results may vary.

tomb raider 4 crashes when I press play

I have win2000, i already installed the nvidia driver 43.45 and service pack 3. It already crashes if I click the shortcut to play.

pls help

For crashing under Windows 2000/XP right away when trying to run the game:

1. Right Click the SHORTCUT you use to start the game. Select "Properties" from the menu, then the "Compatibility" Tab and put it in Windows 98 Compatibility mode.

If you don't have the Compatibility Tab, you need the Windows 2000 Compatibility updates (XP already has it)......but good luck finding them anymore. Microsoft removed them from Windows Updates, and did not include them in SP3, most likely to sabotage W2K to force WXP sales.

I have them if you need them.

2. There is an unofficial patch that not only makes it run under Windows 2000/XP (probably without the compatibility patches), but fixes the long load time problem too. I have that too, but I'm not sure if it would be ok to post a link here. It's the only patch I've seen that actually works and definitely the only one that fixed the loading time issue. Why the big Tomb Raider sites like TRChronicles.com don't have it, I don't know. Too busy peddling their snake oil patches I guess.

I'm very suprised the revolver isn't mentioned anywhere in this thread yet.

Unhappy Help TR4

I bought the TRLR but i cant run it at all. The installation goes just fine but when i try to run the game afte the opening cinematics of eidos and core, i get a loading bar in the buttom with a blank screen and as soon as the loading bar finishes loading, the game exits out.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong with it???

I have windows 98 SE.
    500 MGHZ
    Intel celeron
    NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 440

I have installed all the latest nvidia drivers, and i have directx 9.1.
    If someone knows please let me know..

Are you loading the game from the "Play" button on the startup screen that pops up when you load the CD? If you are, try exiting form that screen and starting the game from your Windows "Start" menu.
    ALL COMMENTS BASED ON PC VERSIONS ONLY.

Originally posted by jso2897
    No it isn't. It's 24. Dyslexic you are.
    No, its 42.

Dyslexic YOU are!

Can someone tell me which button I have to press to exit the game while playing 'the last revelation' and 'chronicles', or to quit to the main title (new game; load game; options; exit)?

Cool

"P".

Re: Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ: It might have your answer.

Originally posted by GoranAgar
    Tomb Raider Legacy FAQ:

I followed your instructions to get sound, but now when I try to play the game, the screen flashes a whole bunch of numbers and letters and then apparently exits the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this????
    You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't...oh well!

Unhappy I'm Really unhappy!

Guess what???? I've been trying different pathways and it still doesn't work!!!! I even tried simply going back to auto-detect but it still acts in the same way!!!!!!! WHAT DID YOU MAKE ME DO???????? WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS??????? PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER, or I won't ever be able to play TR1 Gold :sob:

I did it, and I realy did have sound now! Amazing! Finally progress!
    But the problems are not fixed jet. Now the game starts normally, and I can use the arrow keys, but from the moment I push another (alt, control,...) Lara's going totally mad! She jumps, walks, performs diving rolls,... without me touching anything! And than I can't push esc to quit the game.
    Another thing that happens is that (when I haven't touched a key but the arrows) when I go to the menu to change my sound settings or so, I can't quit it or push enter. The only thing I can do is going left and right in the menu!

Unhappy

Yeah, I've got problems too....I was able to get my game working, but I still have no sound. Try disabling the DMA,IRQ,and Port until someone comes to help us. It'll take away the sound, but you may be able to play it again.

IS ANYONE GOING TO HELP US???? I'M GETTING IMPATIENT!!!!!
    You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't...oh well!

I'm experiencing a problem with TR3 - I bought the game on the Sold-Out.co.uk label a while ago and am running Windows 2000. After being unable to resolve the crashing problem when trying to run the game, I also tried installing every possible patch, both official and unofficial. I also did the compatibility fix suggested, but nothing seems to be working - it no longer gives an error, but after installing the patches it now prompts me for the CD. Seriously, what the hell? If any of you know the answer to this, I will be VERY much in your debt.

Rolleyes Re: Help TR4

Originally posted by Fadeddd
    I bought the TRLR but i cant run it at all. The installation goes just fine but when i try to run the game afte the opening cinematics of eidos and core, i get a loading bar in the buttom with a blank screen and as soon as the loading bar finishes loading, the game exits out.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong with it???

I have windows 98 SE.
    500 MGHZ
    Intel celeron
    NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 440

I have installed all the latest nvidia drivers, and i have directx 9.1.
    If someone knows please let me know..
    I have the same problem - on TRLR AND TRC!!! Both of these used to run on my PC before.... What's going on out there? Is no-one wanting to help us poor boobies that can't play the games???

The only things I've changed on my PC are upgrading DirectX (now on 9), and adding Windows users. I'm on the same settings as Fadeddd, so what gives guys?

need help

i cant get through the serpant room in the lost library on the last revelation.you have to get all the levers down and all lit ..i cant figure out the pattern..ive spent days trying..please help

Originally posted by lisacontis
    i cant get through the serpant room in the lost library on the last revelation.you have to get all the levers down and all lit ..i cant figure out the pattern..ive spent days trying..please help

lisacontis, I don't remember what to do (and i'm not even sure where you are). So just click the link to go to Stella's Site. She has (in my opinion) the best tomb raider walkthroughs available.

Also, Bazzabazz, you might want to try these steps (in order)
    1. Try launching TRLR from the start menu.
    2. Check the readme to see if there is a known problem with your hardware.
    3. launch the TR setup program from the Start menu with the provided shortcut. Reset to default. Click ok.
    4. Install TRLR over your first install.
    5. Install TRLR in a different (new) folder.
    6. uninstall all installations of Tomb Raider: the Last Revelation you have ever made, then reinstall.

If none of this fixes your problem, try starting a new thread dedicated to your problem, since this thread you have posted in is more than a year old (there might not be anybody subscribed to it any more). The likely reason that no one has posted to help you with your problem is that no one is aware that you have even posted.

default keys

My default keys are messed up, so how do i fix them? I can't walk forward or backward!! Please help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast