Thread: Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Exclamation More Dam Bursters help...

Now, to get a plat on Dam Bursters, you need to get 9300 points or more. Which basicly means near to the end, you should be getting combos all the way up to 220, 230, 240 points, etc. Getting lots of combos above 200 points is essential to getting the plat.

AB-109 forgot to mention that you should be using the Autogun's alternate fire button so that bullets will be fired instantly, without the "spin-up" delay. Are you allready using the alternate fire? Sorry for asking... I'm just trying to make sure.

Wait for lots of monkeys to appear on the screen so you can get the combos, rather than just shooting them as soon as they appear! Although, near to the end, you won't need to wait anymore since tons of the monkeys always appear. And AB-109, if a monkey hits the dam wall, it deducts 30 points, not 75.

Keep going untill you get 9300! Try to get as many combos as you can, and you will do just fine! Hope all this helps!

NOTE TO THE MODS: Hey guys, this help topic has allready reached over 50 replies. Arn't you going to make it sticky? Sorry for asking. I'm just a bit curious...
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    Arcade awards: 30
    Top Shot best: 1:09.8
    ----------------------
    www.TopGamer.netfirms.com
    Are you good enough to be a TopGamer?

Re: More Dam Bursters help...

Originally posted by RedXevious
    AB-109 forgot to mention that you should be using the Autogun's alternate fire button so that bullets will be fired instantly, without the "spin-up" delay. And AB-109, if a monkey hits the dam wall, it deducts 30 points, not 75.
    Actually I didnt forget . You dont HAVE to use the alt fire cos if you keep tapping the fire button you can keep the guns spin just below firing rate while giving yourself like 1/4 of the heating bar for those valuable monkey kills near the end. I found it much easier doing it this way and thats how I got my plat.

Originally posted by RedXevious
    And AB-109, if a monkey hits the dam wall, it deducts 30 points, not 75.
    Like I said its been awhile but thats all the more reason not to bother with them.

Ab ^_^

Big Grin Your choice....

Well, I guess Dam Bursters CAN be done without the alt fire, but it's way harder if you don't use it. I found it much easier when you used the alt fire, cause' then you don't have to keep tapping the fire button to keep the minigun "spinned-up". Anyway, the main point is to get 9300 or more, so do it however you want.

Now that that's all taken care of, anyone else stuck on a stage?
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Rolleyes atom smasher noral

atom smasher i just cant do it on normal it it is really start ing to pee me of can some one help me

Big Grin did it

i did atomsmasher so dont worry bout that but how do u do those pole things in the jungle neyway can u help me with that

by the way red did u get all the plats yet

Aztec normal

Hallo. just started playing. can't open doors on normal aztec.
    I think it's got something to do with the colums.
    can anyone help? It's driving me mad!

You have to align the columns so that the symbols facing eachother are the same and the face like symbol (the one on the door your trying to open) are facing the middle path.

I always find it hard to explain this one and would of been much easier to show but ah well.

Goodluck.

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

thanks ab
    so easy when you know how!

Another satisfied customer ^_^

Ab

for the people who are having trouble wth atom smasher on hard. i found this the hardest. Robot Factory piece of cheese.

When u get to the end. (this is by far teh hardest part of it) with the scourge splitters. get them to chase u up the ramp along to where the pipes are and turn right along the ramp which is broken. Wait for them and when they come jump off and run to get to teh swithces. Tehy go back the long way so u will have a long time to get a few of them. U wont do it in 1 turn so wait for them to come back kill tehm and dso it agina until u get them all.

this is how i did it and it works everytime just about.

Also i read somewhere about the robot factorey strat when u get the bots to chase u back to the scanner. That in my opinino is very lame and really seems to defesat teh point of the game but i congratulte u for teh staying power of doing it. Lol i will have got bored.

but really just takle u time going forward and only use grenades on the sentry and spider bots. that was my strat and ive completed it on hard. One of teh easiest level i found
    He the Leanest, The Meanest, The Baddass Machine-est

49 arcade awards
    63 platinums
    3 golds
    100% done

Played for: 3 days 4 hours 31 secs
    insommnia: 13 hours 45mins 9 secs
    distance travelled: 1000.2 miles
    total bullets fired: 500242
    Animal cruelty: 7914
    surf time: 1 min 51 secs
    total kills: 30131
    total losses: 3781
    most kills without dying: 163
    longest killing spree: 68
    favourite chartacter: R-109

Lightbulb GameFAQs

Thanks for contibuting to this topic, guys!

btw, if any of you n00bs are still stuck on any of the story levels, you can save yourself some time and check out GameFAQs *HUGE* selection of guides and FAQs on about every thing there is in TS2. (including my own "Mini-Games guide") So please, check it out!

http://gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/12430.html
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Alright Mr Xevious, I have heaps of questions. First, is there a confirmed platnium time for the Dam Bursters Challange? My score has crawled up to 8760 and I'm wondering how close I am as it's the only one in Challange left.
    Secondly, do you know a strategy for getting Plats in:
    - Can't please everyone (zones) and
    - Rice Cracker Rush

Well I aint Mr Xevious so maybe I shouldn't be answerin but I will

As far as I know the plat scroe for Dam Busters is 9000 so ya, you are pretty close.

On Rice Cracker Rush you should kill as many officers on the way to thier base and remember to use the speedup powerup and the cloak powerup but don't use them at the same time eg.

When you start head around the first corner then thro the buildin and get the armor (dont get the cloak on the way) then when you come out of the little building head for the speed powerup while shooting grenades towards the enemy (stick to the wall on your left when you come out of the building and you'll find a small doorway to a room with the powerup) after you get the speedup head towards the enemy base along the streets (dont go in the buildin cos its slower) and collect the bag and head back to your base along the same root collectin any armor if your about to die and when you've scored if you have less than half your health then kill yourself using a grenade to reappear with full power (its faster to use a plasma grenade and then shoot it). Now head to the enemy base and collect the cloak (unless someone has already stole it) get the bag and run back and then as you go for the 3rd time the speedpowerup should be back so collect that and just repeat the process until you've finished.

This should easily give you a plat but if your tryin to get a great time you should kill yourself when you have the bag and are near your base (good place is inside that small buildin with the armour) and while you run towards the enemy base one of your team mates will hopefully collect the bag and score for you. Don't kill yourself if the enemy is near by cos they'll get the back before you.

On Can't Please Everyone collect the grenade launcher and head towards the zones. If you see any undead priests then use the weapons secondary fire (flaming one) to set them alight which would make them run away and whenever you get a zone then leave a flaming grenade infront of it so that when a priest runs towards it he'll be stopped when he gets on fire.

After you've got all the bases head to the entrance to the toilet area and shoot a flaming grenade infront of it (most priests respawn here) while keeping an eye on your radar just incase a priest appears somewhere else and if he does go set him on fire.

If you didn't get that or want to see the tactics in action then download the videos from here.

ftp://joshs:ts2vids@ab-109.no-ip.com

Goodluck

Ab ^_^

Exclamation Help....

Ok first off, you made a few mistakes AB-109. The plat score for Dam Bursters is 9300 NOT 9000 (I know, I know... You havn't played in a while, right?) As for Rice Cracker Rush, don't bother killing the ememies. It's a waste of time. Only kill the ones holding Plasma AutoRifles and AutoGuns since they are the biggest threat to you, and always pick up the Invisibility Power Up. And in Can't Please Everyone, pick up the Granade Launcher and set EVERYTHING on fire! Ememies, team mates, even yourself! This way worked best for me! It'll save time since you don't have to keep going back to pick up the GL every time you die! Yes... mabey you will die alot more often (since you will always be on fire) but it's better cause' all you have to do is touch someone to set them on fire, and that saves alot of time! I hope this helps!

By the way, if you want a list of ALL the plat times in TS2, go to http://home.san.rr.com/chanscorner/S.../plat_req.html
    It's the best place for plat times, since all of the times here are like 100% accurate!

See you later!
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

On superfly lady you need to destroy the first 10 turret guns you see then you need to flick a switch on the 2nd floor behind a turret gun on the ground and after that you need to go out of the hanger and destroy 3 fuel barrels, one next to each wheel of the plane!

Here's a strat:

Start off by running up to the auto gun on your right, grab that soviet. Fire a grenade. It might take you a few tries to get the learning curve on that, but once you get that going, fire one to the other side right under the other high up gun. Then look to the one in the middle and fire a grenade. Head past that one and get the full health if you need it, it is in the corner. Now look to the other two, fire a grenade at the door. That should end those two. Your problem here is not the door opening to keep your grenade from stopping, but the guy up top on the balcony. Watch out for him. Once you get that, run to the metal box and fire one at the gun on the ground. Then aim up at the other one and shoot it with your bullets. If you know you are going to die, fire a grenade and hope. Once that is done, round the corner and grab the body armor [hopefully] then as you are running shoot a grenade at the grounded one. Then aim up at the other two and shoot them. Then run for the switch, if you are sure you are going to die, shoot some grenades. You will die once you hit the switch, so don't worry about running back to your checkpoint. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR BUTTONS. The last thing you want is to run up there and waste time by not knowing what to press. You only have a slit second too. Once you die, run to the newly opened door and grab the Tactical Shotgun, yep thats right, waste a few seconds to get that. Run to the two barrels together, secondary function them. Run in a rounded fashion too, there are auto guns out here. Now, do the weapon reload trick [switch weapon then switch right back]. Now round your way to the next one and unload.

If you want mroe strats try here http://www.mathgamehouse.com/ts2/arcade/h5.html

Goodluck
    Ab ^_^

help please

Arcade league: honorary league: team series "b" superfly lady...how do you beat it?

Re: help please

Originally posted by bret38
    Arcade league: honorary league: team series "b" superfly lady...how do you beat it?
    Are you frekin serious?

Read the post above yours and you'll see the answer!

Ab ^_^

Re: help please

Dude, sorry! I'm new here and wasn't sure where to look.

No probs, just read next time

You have found it right?

Just makin sure

Let us know how you do or if ya need more help just dont flood the forum with a topic for each challenge ^_^

Ab

Yo AB-109, thanks for the help for those 2 stages. In "Can't Please Everyone" I ignited all the Undead Preists on fire and kept them imprisoned in the tiolet/shower area to score an impresive 2:00.5 secs!
    Now I have 3 more stages bothering me;

"Night Shift" - My score is 48. Where is the best spot to stay?
    "Big Top Blowout" - 42. How do you evade the homing rockets?
    and "Rocket Man" - 1:16.7. All these are the psycho rocket stages and I keep geting blown up...........

you dodge homing missles by running behind a wall is the easiest way!

Big Grin Strats....

GST_10%, here are some strats!

"Night Shift"
    I had alot of trouble on this one too! The best place to be is on the small balcony thing next to the room with the Homing Launcher. You can see the whole level area from here, so blasting those bots shouldn't be too hard. And you will also be next to the room with the Homing Launcher in it which is good since alot of bots spawn there making it easy for you to just back-up in to the room to kill everyone there and pick up the homing launcher. The homing launcher is very important cause' it makes it mush easier to blast the bots on the other side of the arena from the little balcony. Basiclly, you should be at 25 frags at 2:30 seconds. It's ok if you are 1 or 2 frags behind. You can make up for those later. But if you are any more behind 22 frags at 2:30, then restart cause' chances are, you probably won't make it to 50.

"Big top blowout"
    Not too hard this one! You can't dodge the homing rockets... Well, actually you can, but it won't do you much good cause' the rockets will just circle around you and eventually kill you. The best strat for this stage is to just kill them before they get a chance to even fire! This worked well for me. Very quickly hop from one tent to another trying to kill everone in one shot. (the rocket hits their body, not the ground next to them.) And you will be getting alot of kills. If you die, that's not a problem, since there are alot of ememies in this level, no matter where you respawn, there are bound to be some nearby. The best place to be is the biggest tent (the one in Sergio's Last Stand and Monkey Meyhem) since most of the time, alot of bots will be here.

"Rocket Man"
    AB-109 gave me a good strat for this level a short time ago. You know those little alcove like things you see outside the walls? These are the best place to be on Rocket Man! Stand in one of them and aim your launcher on the ground outside of the alcove. Now, whenever you see a bot, fire! Keep firing and don't stop! This is the key to getting well under a minute (the plat time is only 1:05 though). You may die once (from a stray homing rocket or something.) This is ok. When you respawn, run to the nearest alcove and start fragging again! But, if you die a second time, then you should probably restart unless you are like a couple of frags away from winning. I found that the best alcove is the one directly opposite the big red "Cannon" sign (Nice product placement there in TS2!) since there arn't any walkways or windows that ememies can shoot from opposite it.

Well, hope all that helps! (Took me a while to type it... ) If you have any more problems, just let me know! I'll be glad to help you out!

See you later!
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Great advice Red

Just remember that you MUST get a homo rocket in nightshift otherwise your kinda screwed unless your really good at aiming and on big top blowout dont worry too much about dodging homo rockets fired at you (run around a corner or run towards a wall when you see the rocket near you cos it'll try to circle around you and hit the wall. You might get some damage but better than dying plus if you have the speed powerup you can run faster than a rocket and get around a corner alot faster) just make sure you get as many kills as pos before you die and if you do die then just find more enemies and keep going, if you can kill an enemy but it'll kill you aswell (thier too close or whatever) then just take the shot. One last thing, dont stay outside for too long cos all the bots hang out inside the tents (best ones are the big ring one and the one with the trailers cos you can keep gettin more ammo and health etc in them both. merrygo round is another good one).

Goodluck

Ab ^_^

Yo! I had a go of those stages and scored platnium for "Night Shift" with 53 Kills. I'm still trying the others.
    If ya wanna help me more, here's some more stages:

- "Hangar Hat's Off"
    - "Adios Amigoes"
    and that Vampire Match stage with the Chassis Bot.............

Platnium = 59
    Gold = 7
    Complete = 100%
    Dam Bursters progression: ^20 to 8780

Exclamation More help....

Ok, here are some more strats!

Hangar Hat's Off - Plat time: 1:15:0
    Woah... It's been a while since I last played this level... Let me see if I remember how to do it. There isn't any Minigun here like in Top Shot, so you're going to have to make do with the other avalible weapons. I can't really remember all the weapons on the stage, I think Soviet, Tactical 12, and Rocket Launcher, and some others, right? Well, when I did it, I remember I used the Soviet alot, and ran around the place like a mad man killing everything in my path! It al comes down to how many emeies your team mates kill whilst your off killing others. I remember, it was one of my team mates that actually did the last kill, not me. You won't be able to get that many kills by yourself. So, it really depends on your mates. Which means, keep playing until you get lucky and all your team mates do really well! Im sorry I can't provide a better strat... It's been a really REALLY long time since I last played. Check out GameFAQs or something for some better help!

Adios Amigoes! - Plat time: 40 secs
    A good strat on this level is to only use the Double Lugar's and the Plasma AutoRifle's granades. I recently watched MostFrantic's vid for Adios Amigoes! and he did the whole level using ONLY the double Lugar's! Just stay in the open outside area as much as you can. Alot of bots spawn here, and most likely, the ones that spawn inside, will end up coming to the outside area pretty quick. If you happen to come accross a AutoRifle, you could use the granades, but I don't suggest using it since they take a while to explode. Mabey you should check out MostFrantic's vid... It helped me alot!

"and that Vampire Match stage with the Chassis Bot..." lol!
    You mean "Scrap Metal" - Plat time: 1:05.0
    Now, the BIGGEST mistake you could make is to actually use the Homing Launcher... Whatever you do, DON'T USE THE HOMING LAUNCHER!!! It is a waste of time here... When you shoot a rocket, most of the time it misses him, and just kinda circles around him which is sooo annoying, and a waste of valuable time! Now, you only have a little over a minute to get 10 frags, which means you must be getting a kill every 6.5 seconds! Whcih means, as soon as he respwans, you must kill him! So, what weapon do you use? An unlikly choise, but perfect for this level... The Lasergun!! Two slightly charged shots are enough to kill him. And, if you pick up the max damage power-up, then you can kill him in one shot only! Now, most of the time, you won't have enough time to pick up the max damage power-up. Which brings me to your starting spawn point. Now, the best thing I could tell you is you should keep restarting untill you spawn under the stairs inside the building. This is the best spawn point, cause' as soon as you run outside, there he is, running past the open doorway! You can quickly kill him in two shots, and then really quickly run and pick up the max damage power-up to your left. Then as soon as he respawns, kill him with one shot. And keep killing him as soon as he spawns. This is easy since even if you are standing a LOOOOONG way away from him after he respawns, you can still kill him very fast thanks to the lasergun's great accuracy! After the max damage wears off, It'll take you two shots to kill him. Remember that. Oh, and mone more thing, if he ever respawns right at the back of the long hall unstairs in the building, then you should restart cause it takes him such a long to get back outside again, you will lose to much time. Hopefully, you will be able to kill him 10 times without him spawning there once. Remember, the best respawn point, is the one UNDER the stairs in the building.

And fianally, Dam Bursters - Plat score: 9300
    If you look above, you will see I already provided help for this level before in an early post, so I will re-post it here again for you!
    Now, to get a plat on Dam Bursters, you need to get 9300 points or more. Which basicly means near to the end, you should be getting combos all the way up to 220, 230, 240 points, etc. Getting lots of combos above 200 points is essential to getting the plat. You should be using the Autogun's alternate fire button so that bullets will be fired instantly, without the "spin-up" delay. Are you allready using the alternate fire? Sorry for asking... I'm just trying to make sure. Wait for lots of monkeys to appear on the screen so you can get the combos, rather than just shooting them as soon as they appear! Although, near to the end, you won't need to wait anymore since tons of the monkeys always appear. And remember, if a monkey hits the dam wall, it deducts 30 points. So, try not to let too many hit the wall. Keep going untill you get 9300! Try to get as many combos as you can, and you will do just fine!

Hope all this helps! Tell me if you need anything else! See you later!
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last