Thread: Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Question Can anyone help me?

Guys, here is a list of the last five platinums I don't have... If anyone could give me some advice on any of these levels, I would really aprecieate it!

Top Shot - My Best: 1:10.9
    Night Shift - My Best: 36 kills
    Rocket Man - My Best: 1:25.6
    Big Top Blowout - My Best: 38 kills
    Fight off the Living Dead - My Best: 104200

Thanks for the help...

-------------------------
    5 Gold
    61 Platinum
    97.6% Complete!
    -------------------------
    Arcade awards: 25
    Top Shot best: 1:10.9

Is fight off the living dead the one where you're in compound and with a shotgun? If so, I've only got one strategy, but I don't know if you could trust me because I've only gotten up to 65000 (I thought I had platinum at the time, but I decided to keep going, just to make sure, then I gave up because I was getting bored. Shoulda seen those zombies rush at me! [and kill each other]).

ANYWAY, shoot their heads. Stay back in the room so you can see where they're coming from and won't suprise you. When you see someone outside, and you think you can take them out, quickly run up to the doorway, aim, shoot, and retreat. Even if you didn't kill the zombie, run back, then run forward again. When they invade you, try to get them molded into one glob and shoot a zombie's head. Usually you'll get about 4 or 5 heads off in one shot.

But, as I said, this only got me up to 65000. (Although I did give up...)

Fight off the Living Dead:

Just remember the order they come in (same as all the other zobie challenges) and try to be quick and once they all get too much just keep running around them while shooting.

After a lil while the order is;
    2 guys in the room on the right under the stairs
    then one guy comes out of the left walkway
    then back to under the stairs
    then the guys who come thro the main door (you can take out 2 or 3)
    then from the room on the left
    then under the stairs
    then guys from main door
    etc etc until you finish the wave or it gets too much and you start runnin around! Watch out tho cos sometimes the order changes slightly so keep looking around.

Rocket Man:

If you look around the level you'll see these lil rooms in the walls which dont go anywhere (like an alcove or whatever), just grab a rocket and head to the nearest one and stand to one side shooting the floor right infront of you outside the little room every like second and just keep doing that until your low on ammo by then you should have killed at least one (ususually alot more) so just run our abit and collect the ammo.

Night Shift:

I dont remember this one well but if you get the homing rockets and stand either on the ramp in the middle (one which connects the 2 sides, the small one not that huge long one) or stand next to the door at the bottom righthand corner (looking at the main room with the ramps from the top) you should be able to see almost everyone who spawns in that room and you can take them out. If at any time it gets quiet and no ones around then walk thro the door your next to and around the corner you should find a couple of robots.

Big Top Blowout:

I suck at this one but what I did was just keep going from tent to tent cos most of them are in the tents and shoot like crazy cos it doesnt matter if you die aslong as you ensure a kill. I think the best tent is the one with those trailers with no walls (kinda like wagons) cos most people run thro there.

Top Shot:

Ahhh the evil Top Shot with Cpt Snow *shudders*.

GameCube: Keep respawning until you spawn in the room with the max damage powerup. If you spawn right next to the powerup but its behind you (meanging you have to turn around to get it) then grab it and head towards the minigun and you should see some guys and Cpt Snow and you should take them out before you reach the minigun after that collect the minigun but if you spawn facing the general direction of the powerup then go collect it and head outside and you should see Cpt Snow there so kill him and then head back for the minigun killing as you go. Then just go around killing the closest person to you but try to avoid killing people who have just spawned (Unless its Cpt Snow) otherwise you'll end up with 2 guys who have 3 lives each and you really dont want that.

Standing outside is usually good too cos you can shoot someone far away and most people head there/spawn there and remember where the flamethrowers are cos the bots will always go for those as soon as they spawn so if you can then throw a grenade towards the flamethrower to kill them as they go to collect it.

PS2: When you start head for the nearest minigun while taking out anyone you see around you and if you take out Cpt Snow then look at your radar after 3 seconds and watch where he respawns and go after him taking out anyone along the way.

Xbox: I'm not sure how the spawing works on xbox but I'm guessing it'll be the same as PS2 so do the same thing

Goodluck
    Ab ^_^

EVIL ME

Big Grin WOAH!! Thanks alot!!

WOAH!!! Thanks alot for all the help, AB-109! Im gonna use the strats you gave me, and I'll probably be able to get the Rocket Man and Night Shift plat easily....

Thanks again for all the help! Out of all the people here, you have been the one to help me out the most! And I really aprecieate that! Thanks!

By the way, I also own TS2 on GameCube. (just thught I'd let you know...)

--------------------------
    5 Gold
    61 Platinum
    - 100.0% Complete!
    NGC-Elites ranking: 80th

Question Need help??

Now... does anyone have a question about a certain stage? Are you stuck? Do you need help? That's why I created this topic.. To help people! So please, if you need help, stick a post here, and we will all get back to you as soon as we can!

5 Gold
    61 Platinum
    - 100.0% Complete!
    NGC-Elites ranking: 80th

Re: WOAH!! Thanks alot!!

Originally posted by RedXevious
    Thanks again for all the help! Out of all the people here, you have been the one to help me out the most! And I really aprecieate that! Thanks!
    Happy to be of some assistance so think nothin of it ^_^

By the way, I also own TS2 on GameCube. (just thught I'd let you know...)
    Glad to hear it but dont expect to get a whole load of records

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

Cold Corpse Caper..

Need I say any more?
    Can't even get a fudgin' bronze!

Exclamation Cold Corpse Caper help...

Ok, first thing you need to know, invizegoth, is that Cold Corpse Caper is a GLADIATOR match, which means ONLY THE GLADIATOR CAN SCORE!!! The gladiator is the player wth the yellow outline around them. The person who kills the gladiator, BECOMES the new gladiator. And that person will STAY the gladiator untill someone kills him. You must know this if your playing a gladiator match.

Ok, now here are some tips on getting the platinum award. When you start the level, find a pair of Tommy Gun X2. I like to go for the ones on the upper floor (on the balcony), cause' then I get a chance to pick up some armor as well. After you've got the double Tommy Guns, find the gladiator!! He is the BLUE DOT on the rader. After you find him, kill him and YOU will become the new gladiator, and you will remain as the gladiator untill you die. Now, since only the gladiator can score, take advantage of this and KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE, untill someone kills you. (If you're good enough, you will be able to make it through the whole level without dieing) Killing enemys is easy since you have the Double Tommy Guns! If someone does kill you, go and re pick up the Tommy Gung X2, and find the gladiator! Kill him, then kill everyone else! Get 45 kills for the platinum!

Hope this helps!

Now, who else needs help? I'm really happy about the turn out of this topic! 32 posts, and over 380 views... I never knew it would be this successful! I always wanted to start a help topic anyway, since Eidos didn't add one in this forum... So, if you need help, we are all here!

P.S. Thanks again for your help, AB-109! Thanks to your starats, I got another two plats! (Rocket Man and Big Top Blowout) You really are a TS2 god!!

3 Gold
    63 Platinum
    - 100.0% Complete!
    NGC-Elites ranking: 77th

Hmmmmm.....
    Thats the same strat I've been using so far, and I just can't rack up enough kills. Guess I just need to keep going, then..

And I thought Burns Dept was hard!

Thanks for a great thread, btw. Muchos useful!

For me to give me ya any good advice I'd have to go back and try it again cos I can barely remember that one but I'll try!

Collect everything RedXevious told ya to collect and then head downstairs to the room with the mirrors and health which has 3 enterances (hope you know which one I'm on about) and then just keep anm eye on your radar until you see someone near by then shoot them and if you get hurt collect the health. Its a good place to stand cos most people spawn near there and they can all get there quick and even if you die you'll b near by so just go back and you'll find the gladiator there.

Goodluck

Ab ^_^

Unhappy Night Shift troubles...

OK, can anyone help me on Night Shift?? My best score is 47 kills... I keep getting 47 kills!! I've got it about 20 times!!! Today I got it three times!! I just can't seem to get any higher than 47 kills... Any help??

Remember, if you also need help on any stage, just stick a post here!

3 Gold
    63 Platinum
    - 100.0% Complete!
    NGC-Elites ranking: 77th

Big Grin Never mind!!

Never mind!! I got it last night before I went to bed! 52 kills, yeah!! Anyway, my last 2 plats are Fight off the living dead and the dreaded Top Shot....

I should be able to get the Fight Off The Living Dead plat soon... It's the Top Shot plat I'm worried about! Anyway, if you need help with a stage... ANY STAGE... please let us know and we'll help you out!

2 Gold
    64 Platinum
    - 100.0% Complete!
    NGC-Elites ranking: 75th

Question AtomSmasher Question

Ok...Newbie here...I have been playin' Co-op on Easy to get comfy with TS2 (great game!!) and we are stuck on the atomsmasher level. We have found all the bombs and turned the generator on...but can't seem to get anywhere from there...

We did use the lift and got onto the catwalk, but can't seem to get past the first break in the catwalk. Is there a way to get past this??

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer and also for putting up with a "Newbie" question....

Exclamation Anyone else??

Another satisfied costomer!

Anyone else need help?? I think this topic is slowly dieing... Nearly no one is posting anymore... Help me keep it alive! If you're stuck on a level, or if you need help with anything else, please let us know!
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    Arcade awards: 30
    Top Shot best: 1:09.8
    ----------------------
    www.TopGamer.netfirms.com
    Are you good enough to be a TopGamer?

Lightbulb noob Tip No.1

noob Tip No.1..... If you're having trouble completing Atom Smasher, at the end (after you kill Khallos) you could always lead the splitters away from the reactor... Up the staris near to where you found the fifth bomb... then when you get to the top, wait for em' to appear, then drop down back to the area with the crates, quickly run back to the reactor and activate the three switches, and run into the portal before they show up again!

This is a very well know tip that all TS2 players know, but I just thought I'd repost it here since so many noobs are still having problems with this stage... If you have any tips for noobs, please post em' here! Thanks!
    ----------------------
    66 Platinums
    - 100.0% Complete!
    ----------------------
    Arcade awards: 30
    Top Shot best: 1:09.8
    ----------------------
    www.TopGamer.netfirms.com
    Are you good enough to be a TopGamer?

EVIL MONKEYS!

I am severely stuck on the last challange- Damb busters. Well, I say severely but I can only get a sliver, Ive came 50 points from a gold but no better. Any advice?

I hate dam busters

1. Try to stay to the left/middle side but dont go to the right side cos hardly any monkey's appear there and even if they do it aint worth going all the way there.

2. Try to hit the monkeys when thier as far as possible so you can get combos and they'll be closer to the middle and easier to hit.

3. Use auto aim cos its easier and only fire your minigun in bursts so it doesnt heat up and if it does heat up and there arent that many monkey's on the screen then change weapon and then change back to the minigun for instant cooling (but you'll have to warm it up again).

4. I know everyone says you should make sure you give low rolling monkey's priority cos they make you lose 75pts if they hit the dam but 75pts is nothing compared to what you'd get if you get a combo .

That's all I can think of, Good Luck and let us know how you get on ^_^.

Ab

thank you, Ill try that when Im not so busy.

THANK YOU!

YAY! now I Have 100%. Ill start working on more homemade levels now- oh, and try and complete all of the example map maker levels- most of them are Eeeeevil! Again, Thank you for your help!

Re: THANK YOU!

Originally posted by ex-ion
    YAY! now I Have 100%.
    You mean you've finished story on hard and got ALL the plats??

Thank you for your help!
    Anytime ^_^

Ab

Ive finished it on hard, but I dont have all platinums yet- (you just need golds to achieve 100%

Oh yah... whooops its been a while since I played

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

same here... I didnt play cause my memory card got stolen, but I started again. it seems shorter the second time through

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last