Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Exclamation Help Forum: Need help with a certain stage?

Hi guys! I just thought I would start a help forum, since alot of n00bs are having trouble with some stages. This'll give experienced players a chance to help them out a bit... I'll also help as well! So if your stuck on a level, plese put a post here, and we will all try to help you out as much as we can! Thanks!

----------------------------
    12 Gold
    54 Platinum
    - 90.4% Complete!

"My fists DON'T have your blood on them anymore..." - The second coming of ME!!

im not a n00b but i cant beat neo tokyo on normal help me
    15 B 22 S 21 G 6 P
    66 arcade awards

71.1% complete
    ------------------------------------------------

Top Shot

No matter what I do I cant do it!

Are there any strats for it or is it just all based on how good you are?

Plus I suck at using the radar otherwise it would be that much easier.

Ab ^_^

PS: R10-9 beta, I'll help ya later if no one has by then cos I'm alil strapped for time at the mo ^_^

Big Grin Re: Help

R10-9 beta,
    Have you found the Old Man yet? He'll completely refill your health when you meet him! He should come in handy!
    There is a huge guide to all TS2 levels here,
    http://www.game-revolution.com/games...tters2_faq.htm
    You should find the NeoTokyo guide very useful cause' it shares some really useful tips that you most likely didn't know. You should complete it in no time!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AB-109,
    Top Shot isn't about "skill". Belive me, I know. It's about pure cold hard luck...! Your gonna have to keep doing the level over and over untill you get lucky, (i.e. All the bots keep respawning really close to you)
    Check out, http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/game...ame/30901.html
    Look for a guide by "Kairi". It's a whole guide just for Top Shot! Read it over and you'll notice a few tips! Good luck!
    And as for the radar problem, well I don't have much to say, but "Objects may apear closer than they really are!" .

Hope my advice helps!!

10 Gold
    56 Platinum
    - 90.4% Complete!

Big Grin Next.........anyone?

Ok, now that that's all sorted out, does anyone else need help? Please stick a post here, and i'll try my best to help you out!

-----------------------------
    10 Gold
    56 Platinum
    - 90.4% Complete!

thanks for that.............

there is one that is really starting to pee me off cant handle this
    I CANT DO IT!!! no matter how many times i try i cant do it
    it is the hardest one yet
    15 B 22 S 21 G 6 P
    66 arcade awards

71.1% complete
    ------------------------------------------------

If you go to the main room and down the stairs (the big room with the huge stairs in the middle) and follow the path infront of you when you reach the bottom until you reach a dead end you'll see a 2xTommy gun.

After you get that walk back the way you came abit and you'll see 2 little hidden areas on each side of the room with a window. Go into the right one (assuming your just comming back from getting the guns) and you'll see a health pack.

Just crouch ontop of it and aim over the wall thingy and you should be able to see the Handymen's head as they come into the room. When they come in just shoot em, they'll have a hard time hitting you but if you do get hit your sitting on a medi pack so your ok just remember to collect thier ammo once in awhile when your running short.

Goodluck

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

thank u

Big Grin Thanks AB-109!

Thanks for the advice AB-109! I went back and tried it again using your strat, and I beat my previous high score by a mile! So, thanks for helping us all out!
    Remember, if any of you guys (or gals) are stuck on a level, please stick a post here!

10 Gold
    56 Platinum
    - 90.4% Complete!

Removing wanted posters

I'm new at the game and can't figure out how to destroy the wanted posters in the old west...help! I've been at it for two days.

I remember when I couldnt figure it out and spent all day looking for a flamethrower only do remember that they didnt exist back then

just press the x (ps2) a (GCN) and whatever it is on xbox, the button you press to turn switches on and stuff!

Ab ^_^

Cool Re: Problems....

AB-109, I think it's called the "Action Button".
    99.9% of PS2/GC/X-Box games nowadays call it the Action Button cause' it's the most used button on the controler... Anyway, thanks for the help, AB-109! Anyone else having troubles? We are all here to help! Just click "Post Reply"!

10 Gold
    56 Platinum
    - 90.4% Complete!

I'd say the hardest part of Return To Planet X is when you have to stop the invasion with the 3 turret guns! once you do that bit you can just do the rest of the game really slowly and it should be fairly simple! I can only remember 3 main tips:

1. To do the turret bit I decided not to use the turret guns , Nope I havent gone nuts! its just that if you do it the normal way (strafing from left to right on the upper bit (the bit with 2 turrets) and shooting) You have a huge field of view and you can see all of em and wont have to worry about any of them sneaking up begind you! plus if you do it this way they have a smaller chance of hitting you cos you should be able to see thier shots from a mile away and easily dodge em.

2. Whenever theres lots of aliens fighting each other, get away and find a small narrow area and wait there and take out anyone who happens to find you while the war is going on. When you dont hear anymore gunfire, carefully go back taking out the remaining.

3. The bit where you have to shoot down the space ships with the big turret gun things, use the gun furthest away and once you've killed them go back to the next turrest and look to the bottom-left and you should be able to take out a couple of guards who just appeared!

Goodluck ^_^

Wink Thanks anyway....

Thanks for your help AB-109, I never got a chance to use your strat cause' I completed the level before I read it! But thanks anyway! Now im stuck on Atom Smasher on Hard. Got any advice for me? Thanks!

By the way, I finally made it to 60 plats!
    Now I only have 6 more to go.... It's gonna take me ages!

--------------------------
    6 Gold
    60 Platinum
    - 95.2% Complete!

"I only have one thing to say.... Challenge me and DIE!!"

I'm asking for help, but mind you I'm NOT a noob. I just cannot play Co-op with my little brother because he sucks ass.

Anyway I need help with Chicago on Hard in co-op. I got up to the last part with minimal health and it took me and my little bro an hour and a half of retries (I completed this level on hard with full health and about 40% armor by myself in about five minutes.). I just need to know better strategies for taking out those snipers and how to divide up the resources.

Thanks!

Start a co-op game and and leave one character behind while you use the other to get as far as possible then when he dies switch to the other character and finish it off that way you cant blame your co-op partner for being lame since both people are you!

Ab ^_^

Cool Re: Chicago help...

Digit, first off no one is calling you a noob.... I've been playing for ages, and even though I have 60 plats, I still have trouble sometimes on Chicago. We all have trouble on Hard stages. (You've got to hand it to Free Radical, when they said "Hard", they meant "Bite-your-nails-raw-till they-bleed-cause'-you-can't-complete-the-level" HARD!) Anyway, you MUST kill the 5 snipers BEFORE you go outside, otherwise they will butcher you once you go outside. After you get the night club pass, go down one floor, to the room with the two windows, and QUICKLY run between the windows. Face the wall and SLOWLY walk to the side of either the left or right window, and kill the snipers one by one, but DO NOT run infront of the windows, otherwise they will shoot you too much and you will die. After they are "sleeping with the fishes" (acutally, I mean "sleeping with the undead!") run down and go outside. Equip your Tommy Gun, and SLOWLY make your way to the night club killing EVERYTHING you see! But don't run! There are enemys behind every corner, so walk very slowly. After you get to the checkpoint, the rest of the stage is SOOOOOO easy! So don't worry about it!

Hope this helps! Anyone else need help? We are here to aid you in your eternal quest!

---------------------------
    6 Gold
    60 Platinum
    - 96.4% Complete!
    ---------------------------

"I only have one thing to say.... Challenge me and DIE!!"

I STILL need help on Top Shot I'm finding it impossible!

Ab ^_^

Rolleyes Robot Factory

I need some help on the Robot factory on normal. I can get up to the 3rd power node but after that I always get killed. Its really starting to annoy me as I am really good at the rest of the game

Slicer
    Its a Monkey

I had trouble on that one. Basicly yoou have to pull mgs styll on it. Try to save as much life as possable. after a while you will get used to it and beat it like it was siberia on easy(not really).
    now you shall die FOOL

For Robot Factory I kept bringing everybody back to the room where the scanner thing is, close to the beginning of th level. Set the scanner laser thing on offensive or attack mode or whatever and when someone sees you or spawns in, let them chase you back to the scanner laser thingy. Some bots can step over the laser, though, so keep a gun at the ready Those big bots will take a long time to get to you, though, and listening to their footsteps will make you piss in your pants.

Later, I mean real far into the level, you can forget about the scanner thing, and go MGS style as previously mentioned in this thread.

Big Grin Thanks

Thanks for the help. I'm away from my PS2 at the moment so I can't try it out till the weekend I'll let ya know next week how I got on.

Thanks
    Slicer
    Its a Monkey

Originally posted by AB-109
    I STILL need help on Top Shot I'm finding it impossible!

Ab ^_^
    YATTA YATTA!! got a time of 1:08.2 which means I now have all the plats

*Does a lil victory dance*

Finally I can say I've completed the game (well except for the Arcade awards, guess I should try to get those too )

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

Wink Well done!

First off, well done AB! I'm still got alot to do as I'm still at about 74% complete.

Secondly, I just wanna know what are all the arcade awards (if ya know) and how many are there?

Slicer
    Its a Monkey

Big Grin Need any more help?

Ok, congratulations again on your 66 plats, AB-109! I'm still workin' on getting my last 6... Anyway, if anyone is stuck on a level (any level!) please stick a post here and we will all help!

6 Gold
    60 Platinum
    - 97.6% Complete!
    Arcade Awards: 25
    Top Shot best: 1:10.9

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last