Thread: More Final Fantasy in KH?

More Final Fantasy in KH?

More Final Fantasy in KH?

Hello
    I know this has probally been discussed before but, I personally, would like more final fantasy characters/worlds in the next Kingdom Hearts game. I love Disney but sometimes it come through a bit too strong. I was totally happy when they brought Auron in KH2 and would like to see more characters show up. I guess I'm just a Final Fantasy girl (Square's fault) [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img] but it would be nice. I know the're have to be others out there who would like it too.

Gallia

I agree. I would love to see characters from IV, V, XII, and XIII make their appearances. We've seen a fair amount from VII, VIII, and X/X-2 already. I would also be cool with seeing more from VI and IX, perhaps even a few villains? I'd personally be happiest if the game consisted of a third Disney, a third Final Fantasy, and a third original story/characters/material.

Yes I would like if the ratio of Disney to FF to KH originals was a bit more even. It would even be nice if they did pull in some FF villians if there going to keep the Olympus Collesium going. (though I sort of hope they don't but then again it does seem to be a staple of th series).

Terra or Cecil showing up would be nice. But I would also like another world for the FF characters to inhabit. Radiant Garden is great, but another world would be great.

There sort of is Olympus Coliseum. Aside from Cloud and Sephiroth during KH1, Auron shows up in the Underworld section in KH2, and Zack was at the Coliseum in BbS (and allegedly, characters can't travel between worlds, so presumedly, Zack had to have been born there). Maybe they could create a livable addition to the Olympus world so that it doesn't seem like heroes just drop by for a good fight or something.

Setzar, Seifer, Vivi, Fuijin and Rai were at Sunset Horizans in KH2 as well, so that's another set locale with FF characters populating the place.

(Am I forgetting any? I can't remember right now...)

This is, to my knowledge, the full list of Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Heart series:

Kingdom Hearts

<ul>[*]Tidus (X), Wakka (X), Selphie (VIII) in Destiny Islands[*]Leon/Squall (VIII), Yuffie (VII), Cid (VII), Aerith (VII) in Traverse Town
    <li style="text-align: left;">Cloud (VII), Sephiroth (VII) in Olympus Coliseum[/list]

Kingdom Hearts II

<ul>[*]Siefer (VIII), Fuu/Fuujin (VIII), Rai/Raijin (VIII), Vivi (IX), Setzer (VI) in Twilight Town[*]Tifa (VII), Yuna (X), Rikku (X), Paine (X-2) in Radiant Garden (Traverse Town characters move over as well as Cloud/Sephiroth)[*]Auron (X) Olympus Coliseum[/list]

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

<ul>[*]Zack (VII Crisis Core) in Olympus Coliseum[/list]

I believe this is everyone, but I will do some checking later in the week with my save files.

Originally Posted by new_tradition
    (and allegedly, characters can't travel between worlds, so presumedly, Zack had to have been born there)

In response to this specifically, active travel between worlds isn't the only way to get between them. Lots of people end up in Traverse Town when they or their world are thrown into darkness, and Kairi drifts to Destiny Islands. In Kingdom Hearts II it's implied that Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth come from a world other than Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. Cloud and Sephiroth clash and disappear, and as I recall it was suggested they'd made their way back to 'their own world'. I'll try and check this if I have a save file before the Sephiroth fight. Either way though, both Cloud and Sephiroth clearly had some ability to travel between worlds since they'd previously been in the Olympus Coliseum.

Of course, since the backstories of characters aren't dependant on their original stories or gaming worlds at all Zack is probably from Olympus Coliseum.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Kingdom Hearts

<ul>[*]Tidus (X), Wakka (X), Selphie (VIII) in Destiny Islands[*]Leon/Squall (VIII), Yuffie (VII), Cid (VII), Aerith (VII) in Traverse Town
    <li style="text-align: left;">Cloud (VII), Sephiroth (VII) in Olympus Coliseum[/list]

Kingdom Hearts II

<ul>[*]Siefer (VIII), Fuu/Fuujin (VIII), Rai/Raijin (VIII), Vivi (IX), Setzer (VI) in Twilight Town[*]Tifa (VII Advent Children), Yuna (X-2), Rikku (X-2), Paine (X-2) in Radiant Garden (Traverse Town characters move over as well as Cloud/Sephiroth [Yuffie (VII Advent Children), Aerith (VII Before Crisis), Cloud (VII Advent Children)])[*]Auron (X) Olympus Coliseum[/list]

I didn't feel it was important to list which game/movie they got their appearance from, just the first game in which they appear. Or, in Zack's case, the game in which he was featured most prominently rather than as a small number of flashbacks. If you want to get technical, some of the characters had custom appearances which only sort of resembled their original costumes.

Then wouldn't "Zack (VII Before Crisis)" have been the first choice? He is the real-time star of several chapters.

Details, details. Nevermind me.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Then wouldn't "Zack (VII Before Crisis)" have been the first choice? He is the real-time star of several chapters.

Details, details. Nevermind me.

No, because although Zack is a playable character in Before Crisis A.) Very little of the average English audience even realizes Before Crisis exists let alone that Zack is a character ((1 out of 8 or 9 as I recall)) you play during it and B.) Cris Core is entirely Zack's game making it, as I specified, the game he is featured in most prominently.

Whose costumes came from which slice of the franchise isn't important to the topic, though.

I thought about this after the release of KH1. They should make an RPG similar to KH but the player goes to the Final Fantasy (and the other Square/Enix) universes instead of Disney's. It would be great. Something like Dissidia but a real RPG instead. Not that I have something against Disney, I just wish they make a game like that.

To each their own. ^_-

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

This is, to my knowledge, the full list of Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Heart series:

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts II

<ul>[*]Siefer (VIII), Fuu/Fuujin (VIII), Rai/Raijin (VIII), Vivi (IX), Setzer (VI) in Twilight Town[*]Tifa (VII), Yuna (X), Rikku (X), Paine (X-2) in Radiant Garden (Traverse Town characters move over as well as Cloud/Sephiroth)[*]Auron (X) Olympus Coliseum[/list]

Thanks for the list. I was thinking Zack was the only FF character encountered in Birth by Sleep. I guess they did that since his story takes place in Crisis Core several years before FFVII, so it would fit in with BBS being before the original KH.

I like how they did that (though not sure if Zack would actually be living at Olympus) more like he got stuck there or went there specifically for "hero" training with Phil.

For some reason I really want Rinoa to show up. Though I hope they don't make her a weird fairy like YRP from FFX-2. That was a bit weird, and it felt like they didn't bother to flesh them out at all.

I haven't had the chance to play KH DDD but I haven't heard of any FF characters showing up. Though TWEWY characters looks like it could be awesome. Neku and Joshua in particular.

I'm actually not a fan of Rinoa personally myself, but the KH2 credits sort of imply something: Leon recieves a letter that was enchanted given a pair of small pink glowing wings flutter away. Feathered wings in terms of FF significance isn't that common in the series I think, and for Leon/Squall, an FFVIII character, wings would mean a sorceress, and while I sort of dig Ultimecia/Squall, most likely it's a letter from Rinoa, lol.

I would love to see more Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts.