Thread: visually impaired person has completed final fantasy xiii and beaten final fantasy xiii-2

visually impaired person has completed final fantasy xiii and beaten final fantasy xiii-2

Dear Square Enix,

My name is Ameen. I am visually impaired. I was born with 20 20 vision in both my eyes. I started losing my sight around June 2001. I’m writing this letter to tell you that a visually impaired person like me is playing your games.

I’ve completed Final Fantasy XIII for PS3, and I’ve beaten Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PS3. When I say I’ve completed Final Fantasy XIII for PS3, I am talking about that I’ve beaten the game and I’ve completed all the missions. When I say I’ve beaten Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PS3, I’m talking about that I’ve beaten the game, but I’ve not completed all the side quests. My PS3 broke, and I lost everything from Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I’ve beaten Final Fantasy XIII for the second time. I’ve not completed Final Fantasy XIII for the second time. I’ve not beaten Final Fantasy XIII-2 for the second time. After I beat Final Fantasy XIII, I will start playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 again. I really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy XIII.

One thing that is very important is that I&rsquo;m able to hear the character&rsquo;s footsteps. Another thing that helps me a lot is, for different surfaces the characters footsteps sound different. If the character is walking slowly, then I know I ran into a wall. The reason how I know the characters are walking slowly because; I can hear the characters walking slower. Another thing that is very important is it makes a sound when you have to press X. Another thing that is very important is, I visualize how the place, the characters, and the enemies look like. The save points make a sound. Another thing that makes it easier for me to play is, me hearing the sound of the enemies. An enemy that I have not heard I am most likely heading in the right direction. Another thing that helps me is, hearing the sound of the place. When other characters talk while navigating, I am most likely heading in the right direction. When I hear a part of the place that I&rsquo;ve not heard before, I&rsquo;m most likely heading in the right direction. For example in the 5<sup>th</sup> Ark, at the beginning of the place, I don&rsquo;t hear any waterfalls. When I get to a part when I hear a waterfall, and when the characters are talking, then I&rsquo;m definitely heading in the right direction. Another thing that really helps me a lot is the treasure spheres make a sound if I did not get that treasure sphere it would not make a sound. Another thing that makes it much easier for me to navigate is you can&rsquo;t fall off in any of the cliffs. The automatic jumping in Final Fantasy XIII is very convenient for me since I can&rsquo;t see where to jump manually. All of this is extremely helpful for me since I&rsquo;m visually impaired. I imagine how the areas, the enemies, and the characters look. Imagining how the areas, the enemies, and the characters look, helps me a lot to navigate the areas. I&rsquo;m able to use the crystarium in Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 by myself. I&rsquo;m also able to upgrade weapons by myself.

I love the challenging boss battles in Final Fantasy XIII. Things that make the battle system easier in Final Fantasy XIII are that the character is automatically targeted on the enemy. You can only control one character. I&rsquo;m very good at switching to the best paradigm quickly. If a beeping sound is really fast; I know I have haste. Another thing that helps me a lot in the battle system is, when the enemy gets staggered it makes a sound. This way I know which best paradigm to switch to. When I first started playing Final Fantasy XIII, I was not familiar with the paradigms at all. I started getting familiar with the paradigms in Chapter 13. I started knowing what are Commando, Ravager, Sentinel, Saboteur, and Synergist in Chapter 13. I knew what medic was in Chapter 11. Before I got to Chapter 13, all I just knew which one was attacking, and which one was healing. After I beaten Final Fantasy XIII, I knew that Ravager is good for staggering the enemy, and Commando, is good for doing damage when the enemy is staggered.

I loved the story and cut scenes in Final Fantasy XIII. I thought the story and the cut scenes in Final Fantasy XIII were very interesting and exciting.

I love the music in Final Fantasy XIII. I think the music in Final Fantasy XIII is very good. I listen to Final Fantasy XIII music very often.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is more challenging for me to play than Final Fantasy XIII. In the beginning in Final Fantasy XIII-2 in New Bodhum there is a music called Full Speed Ahead. Full Speed Ahead is a really loud music and it made it very difficult for me to hear Serah&rsquo;s footsteps. Another thing that made Final Fantasy XIII-2 really difficult for me is the manually jumping. Since I can&rsquo;t see where to jump, I have to guess where to jump. After you defeat Atlas in Bresha Ruins 005 AF, the whole place got rebuilt, and it made it much harder for me to navigate than navigating in Bresha Ruins 005 AF before you defeat Atlas. The reason why it made it so much more difficult to navigate in Bresha Ruins 005 AF after when it got rebuilt, because the place is so narrow, and the mog clock appears about every five seconds. It&rsquo;s very frustrating for me that I keep running into the enemies when I&rsquo;m trying to navigate the place. In Bresha Ruins 005 AF before it got rebuilt. The place was much wider so, it made it much easier for me to navigate. Before you get to the device that weakens Atlas, you have to solve a puzzle. This puzzle was very difficult for me to solve. I have to let my friend solve the puzzle for me. The puzzles in Oerba 200 AF were really difficult for me because I couldn&rsquo;t see to match the crystals. In Yaschas Massif 1X AF in the town area was really difficult for me to navigate. Once I enter the town area in Yaschas Massif 1X AF it was really difficult for me to leave the town area. In Augusta Tower 300 AF there are a lot of puzzles. The puzzles make it very difficult for me since I can&rsquo;t see which is the best way to solve the puzzle. I have to let my friend tell me where to go to solve the puzzle.

At first the time gates make a sound. After a while, the time gates do not make a sound. When I&rsquo;m trying to get to the time gate when the time gate doesn&rsquo;t make a sound, I have to return back to the Historia Crux. Then I go back to the place and the time gates make a sound again. It is really annoying for me the fact when the time gates don&rsquo;t make a sound, and I have to go back to the Historia Crux. I would prefer to have the time gates make a sound all the time so, I don&rsquo;t have to go back to the Historia crocs multiple times. In Augusta Tower 200 AF, is also a really challenging place for me. I have to have my friend tell me where to go to solve the puzzle. Finding the GravitonCores was very challenging for me. I have to have my friend tell me where to go to find the GravitonCores. I looked in a YouTube video of how to get the GravitonCore in Oerba 200 AF. I was very close to getting the GravitonCore by myself just by me listening to the YouTube video. The person who was playing was not even talking from the YouTube video. The most challenging thing for me was in Academia 500 AF. The reason why Academia 500 AF is so challenging for me to navigate because; there are so many platforms ,and narrow passages without rails. My friend had to navigate most of Academia 500 AF for me.

Things that would make it much easier for me to play Final Fantasy XIII-2 is, when your heading in the wrong direction, your alley would say you&rsquo;re going the wrong way. If you are going in the right direction, your alley would say you&rsquo;re going in the right direction. When you are following the cat in New Bodhum 003 AF, it would make it much easier for me if the cat makes a sound while the cat is running away. When you are solving puzzles in Augusta Tower 300 AF and Augusta Tower 200 AF, it would make it much easier for me if you trying to solve the puzzle and if the room is not in the right position Noel says can it go any further. When you solve the puzzle and if the room is in the right position Noel says yep that&rsquo;s perfect.

I love the story and the cut scenes in Final Fantasy XIII-2. I thought the story and the cut scenes in Final Fantasy XIII-2 was very interesting. I really like traveling through time and going through different places in different years. I really like the fact that you can go to the same place in a different year, and that same place is completely different than it was before. I really like the fact where Serah, and Noel try to stop Cocoon from falling on to Grand Pulse, but instead Hope makes the New Cocoon, and Sazh helps Hope launch the New Cocoon into the sky, and Serah and, Noel save the New Cocoon.

I love the music in Final Fantasy XIII-2. I think the music in Final Fantasy XIII-2 is very good. I listen to Final Fantasy XIII-2 very often.

I am really looking forward to play Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. Lightning is my all-time favorite video game character. I am really looking forward to playing as her in this game.

I&rsquo;m actually really concerned about playing Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII because, you would be able to navigate as Lightning in the battle system, and that&rsquo;s going to make it little bit more difficult to play this game. Also, I am very concerned that Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII is timed. It took me over 200 hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII, and it took me almost 200 hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII-2. It took me 714 hours 59 minutes and 31 seconds to complete Final Fantasy XIII. It would be very difficult for me to play Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII because, it is timed. I would prefer if Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII is not timed because; it would be much easier for me to play the game. I would prefer to have the battle system in this game like how it was in Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I really like Lightning a lot so, that&rsquo;s why I really want to play Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII by myself just like how I was able to play Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 by myself. If I&rsquo;m not able to play Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII by myself; I would be very upset.

I really hope in Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, that Lightning&rsquo;s footsteps would be loud and it would make a sound when you have to press X. These two things are extremely important for me to play the game. I hope in the battle system, you would be able to press a button to target the enemy. I really hope the sounds from Lightning and the sounds of the enemy would be enough for me to handle the battle system. I hope there would be automatic jumping in this game. I hope the puzzles would be easy for me to solve by myself. I hope the areas that you navigate would not be too difficult for me.

-- Ameen

Quite the amazing achievement, I must say. I am most impressed. Good job, Ameen!

It was a pleasure to read your story. It really puts things in perspective. I hope SE builds LR:FF in such a way that facilitates your play-through and I'll stick around the forum to read your future report =)

Great job, Ameen! That's quite the achievement of being able to play FF XIII and FF XIII-2 without the functionality of your eyesight.

I don't know if it was intentional, but I was honestly overwhelmed and moved as I read this. As a fellow FFXIII fan, I really hope Lightning Returns is something you can fully enjoy.

I have read your story several times over, and I just don't know what to say. It's certainly heartwrenching. I hope you find some way to play this game for yourself, I truly do.

Good job, Ameen!

you should win the next Final Fantasy super fan contest!!

.......................ummmm

Great story! I also loved the FFXIII games... Even if people complains about Final Fantasy, they're still great games for me.... Along with FFVI, XIII is my favourite..the storyline was just like....WOW....

Wow, what a touching story. Thank you, Ameen, for sharing. I hope you will be able to play Lightning Returns as well.

Good for you buddy! you know some people out there with that form of disability wouldnt even attempt what you have achieved! good on ya mate hope to see you in ARR

I haven't read it all yet, but I take it this person cannot see at all? If that is the case, he or she did an amazing job with completing both games. If he or she did use minor sight during play, it is a amazing work nontheless. I'll get my self a cup of coffe, then read it all.

Wow! great job bro, and if it's any consolation.... I had trouble with Academia 500 - lots of it - and it took ages to completely explore the map; wouldn't even know where to begin if my sight was impaired. Yes, your friend helped you, but from what I got of your personality by reading your mail, that was only after you gave it your all, and for a long time.

My hat's off to you sir!

Great job Ameen!

I've been playing through the game for you today to see how if I could answer any of your questions.

1. Foot steps are be loud and clear, especially when in the cities.
    2. I can't confirm whether or not there will be prompts or noises to press 'X' in the version I'm playing.

Hope this helps