Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456

Thread: Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Thanks for moving the post.

This reminds me of the SNES

We got some NES, and then the remakes came to SNES, we didn't get them

Now we got the DS, and then the remakes are coming to 3DS, and we don't have them.

It's still a sad world. a games a game, but no one really makes games like these anymore, so to not release them is ridiculous.

Woodus(dot)com for the win.

I don't know Japanese at all, but I still bought the JP 3DS(DQM TW edition) to play the DQ games. Although I only got so far in the games before I couldn't go anymore, I still spent money and time to play them. that has to count for something. YouTube videos of others doing the same has to count for something as well. if you have people who cannot speak or read the language buying them don't you think you'd have people who can buy them as well? I'm telling you with the few games we have here in NA that are good on the 3DS, people would buy and play these.

anyways, I will bug this forum every day until I get a release. I mean EVERY DAY.

DQ VII has one amazing story line, that is both sad, and amazingly powerful.

There's got to be a handful of fans who believe the same.

SO I ask SE, give us DQ

Apparently the people in charge just want Dragon Quest in the west to completely die, given how deeply they've buried this sub-forum.

Even though I'm barely 13, I kind of grew up on Dragon Quest, right? Maybe not, but the first game I played was....

Wait, never mind. That would probably be one of those Pokemon games I didn't actually enjoy, but had nothing else to play. It's kind of funny to imagine that I thought that Gameboy graphics were the best there were. Meanwhile, just months after my birth, there'd be Dragon Quest V, with the "pretty good but not really good" graphics.

I really hope Dragon Quest X gets a NA localization. That way I don't have to sit at this damn computer that freezes so much...

I guess Dragon Quest isn't making a lot of money, or, the amount of money Final Fantasy is making. I don't have anything against either series, but with Dragon Quest, there's definitely the nostalgic

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Apparently the people in charge just want Dragon Quest in the west to completely die, given how deeply they've buried this sub-forum.
    I noticed that too, and thought they were massively underestimating the series' popularity. But, taking a look at the structure of the forums, at large, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of it. Final Fantasy is clearly the most popular, and best selling franchise the SquareEnix owns, yet it's below:

Tomb Raider Series
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (shouldn't this belong in the section right above it?)
    Nosgoth
    Hitman Series

I've never seen such a disorganized, illogical forum in my life...

Originally Posted by Kalkano
    I've never seen such a disorganized, illogical company in my life...
    Fixed that for you.

It's a huge mess since they merged the Square Enix forums with Eidos' recently. I thought it's temporary but it doesn't seem like it. Very unprofessional work by whoever that is working on this site.

Here follows my personal list that I use for my news thread:

- Final Fantasy
    - Kingdom Hearts
    - Dragon Quest
    - Bravely Default and any other big "staple titles" that have at least partially been released in the West
    - Well-known Western game series such as Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain (Nosgoth) are next, along with popular Japanese titles released in the West
    - Miscellaneous Japanese titles

If you have any suggestions concerning the forum layout, contacting a different admin might be a good idea.

I still want DQ7 and DQX...and DQM too but the other two are a higher priority >.>

Though obviously I won't link anything, I just found out about the loyal Dragon Quest fans who have nobly taken it upon themselves to translate as much of Dragon Quest 7 3DS as they can.

Reason #50,000 why people will pirate a video game: Because the game's creators are dragging their asses and stubbornly refusing to localize it.

It would be nice to get at least a PS2 Classic version of Dragon Quest VIII on the PSN if not an HD remake; and not an iOS/Android version. I don't have a PS2 any more and I am dying to play this again with the amazing voice acting, cutscenes, etc. I have all the DS versions of the Zenithia trilogy, as well as IX, not to mention the spin off's i.e. Joker and Rocket Slime, but it would be wonderful to get a NA version of DQ VII and as I said before a PS2 Classic version on the PSN or an HD Remake of DQ VIII. I have been a fan of this series since the NES days, and it would be nice for SE to bring all the Dragon Quest love to North America.

SE just does not care about its American DQ7 fans. This is blatantly obvious. There are a couple of options open to SE, but they are not mentioning ANY plans of pursuing them.

1. Kickstarter: To test the waters, SE could start a KS plan to test the fans' commitment to this game on the 3DS. I would contribute.

2. PSN: SE has MANY Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc games on the Playstation Network as downloadable games. Why wouldn't they release Dragon Warrior VII on the PSN? It made sense when they were planning to release it on the 3DS, but now they are saying it is too costly to redo all the text. So, why not release it on the PSN?

So, why doesn't SE do anything? Apathy. They just don't care.

Fine. They don't want my money? Okay. You win, SE. And you lose.

I just bought a used copy of Dragon Warrior VII for the PSOne. I get to play one of my favorite RPGs (fortunately, I still have my original PS2 and it works perfectly), and SE gets no money out of it. I paid $50 for it on Amazon and it works great.

So, all of you who want to play this classic, that option is open to you.

Hopefully, SE will pull its collective head out of its collective ass and realize just how easy it would be to make more money on this title. If they would just release it on the PSN at least, we could purchase it for the PS3, PSP, or PS Vita (I have all three). I would still pay the fee to have it on a portable system (the PSP or PS Vita).

The DQ game I want to see is Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: The Great Pirate Ship and Tails Troupe. I loved Rocket Slime 1 in the US, it had the right blend of challenge, humor, and fun for a portable game and I've heard good things about the sequel.

Rolleyes Please localize DQ 7. 8 for 3DS

I am hoping to be able to play a legit copy of DQ7 and 8 on my NA 3DS.

Please localize these games for Western audiences.

Thank you for your time.

I find this game very interesting. So I feel like sharing it here.

Looked at their fan page, I think they're on SEA launch and Global release is upcoming. If any of you feel like playing this game too, come, their pre-reg is still open. https://goo.gl/QmCKwk

Dragon Quest used to be called Dragon Warrior, wish they would bring out the original Dragon Warrior games again.

Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456