Thread: Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Isn't 10 grossly off scale? FF7 was pushing it as was 9. 8 a bit worse than the other two. Be nice to see the DS remixes on a 3DS and Advanced collection with street pass for the functions like Dream Share, Town building, et al. Maybe including a better worked out 7, noticed the 7 redo pretty bad, even 4 looked best on NES, which is sad, all it needed was a better pallet all any needed. The multiplayer is off scale, the loss of over view and scale of characters. Want a different one, sure this is what subtitles are for. Actually no need for subtitles on direct ones like on DS re-releases. Although I scoff at the re-writing attitude. Playing the JP New Leaf (bare with me on the OT) I will say, some times we do get the more challenging versions. I once thought they always looked down on North American Players.

PS7 was my favorite PSOne game. Made me feel less guilty not getting a N64 or Game Cube (well later I did). I do regret my reasoning, reason I won't buy a PS4, because it is only smart to buy a new system because of their in-house games (like MK7, et al) or trust in the value of the system. Wii U I bought because I tried it in their truck first. Wii, well didn;t like first XBox and PS2, 3 as a machine. Also regretted not getting the Cube sooner. Nintendo is so much more reliable with hardware, with the others, who knows what you'll get.

I highly recommend that game. Not sure why it doesn't get registered here (Bravely Default, forgot quote response).

I love dragon Quest. Got the first one in the great nintendo power give away and bought every version since, including fortune street. So then I hear dragon quest X was coming out for the wiiU, and I bought one for that game....still waiting. Funny how the company name is Square Enix, where did the Enix part go? How expensive can it be to localize these games? I will still buy other great games that are made, but honestly I am still playing Dragon Quest 9. More Dragon Quest! These games shouldn't be as hard to get as a metal king slime.

E3 announcements have bee coming and going and still no DQ. I am so done with Square Enix if they can't bother to release anything more than a dumb iOS port of DQVIII here.

Originally Posted by Zeether
    E3 announcements have bee coming and going and still no DQ. I am so done with Square Enix if they can't bother to release anything more than a dumb iOS port of DQVIII here.
    Seconded. If there's no more Dragon Quest coming across the pond, then I'll have no appreciable interest left in anything from Square-Enix. At this point I don't even want Bravely Default all that much anymore.

Square Enix won't announce it. Nintendo of America handles the series on consoles. I was expecting Nintendo to reveal it yesterday but seems they decided to localize Level-5's Fantasy Life instead.

Nintendo of America has handled the localization of the games since 9, but we have yet to see anything official yet for VII. Hope that Square-Enix and Nintendo can work something out to get this game out, and any of the future ones for international releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbcEgWsh3Y

We need this video to spread around!!!! Bring us Dragon Quest VII!!!!

Dragon Quest Releases for Europe and America

dear Square Enix,

when will you release the following 3DS titles for europe and america

dragon quest vii
    dragon quest monsters
    dragon quest monsters 2

there are a lot of people waiting for this games to play. so why dont you release them for them.

Not a big fan of the DQ Monsters series but I would buy DQ7 in a blink.

Originally Posted by moooka
    Not a big fan of the DQ Monsters series but I would buy DQ7 in a blink.
    Same here. DQVII was my favorite in the series, and I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't get ported to the west.

WE WANT DQ7. Why do Square-Enix choose to ignore us??

I had been playing this series from the beginning. I played the SNES remakes of 1-3 with fan translations. Then, I played the DS remake of 4.

I was planning to continue...but the fact that the 3DS remake of 7 is not being localized has just...killed any interest I had in the series. Why should I bother? Do you think I'm going to go for a Dragon Quest 11, even if (by some miracle) you actually localize it? NO!

I won't get invested in a series, if the developers themselves are not invested in it. SquareEnix, you are DRIVING YOUR FANS AWAY!

I feel like the entire industry is demanding that I never give them any money again, and just stick to retro gaming...

Rolleyes DQ forever!

What I think that Square Enix doesn't realize is that back then when Dragon Quest was out on the 3ds you could actually pirate the games so most people would not buy the originals and download them so of course there was going to be very little profit. From what I know the 3ds games have not yet been able to been pirated correct me if I'm wrong but if I am right then what do they have to lose? They will have massive sales worldwide as there are many Dragonquest fans worldwide that are yearning for new western releases, myself included.

Dragon Quest is my favorite game and the best RPG I've ever played it introduced me to other ones but to DQ I will always be loyal. We've been waiting for so long I hate that they keep on focusing solely on Final Fantasy you'd think most people would be sick of that series already we need Dragon Quest. Thanks to Operation Rainfall and We Want Dragon Quest in the USA! Communities hopefully this will become a reality I really don't want to lose hope.

Dear Square-Enix.

What the hell possesses you to think that lazy mobile ports are a good enough response, if intended as a response at all, to fans' desperate cries for more Dragon Quest games?

Sincerely,
    People who aren't falling for it.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Dear Square-Enix.

What the hell possesses you to think that lazy mobile ports are a good enough response, if intended as a response at all, to fans' desperate cries for more Dragon Quest games?

Sincerely,
    People who aren't falling for it.
    Thank you. I couldn't possibly care less about mobile games. But, watch. SquareEnix will see poor sales for them and think, "there aren't enough Dragon Quest fans in the west".

SquareEnix is a giant logical fallacy in corporate form.

Originally Posted by Kalkano
    But, watch. SquareEnix will see poor sales for them and think, "there aren't enough Dragon Quest fans in the west."
    And they'll have no excuse for that, either, because they're getting TONS of feedback in all the right places, like Facebook, Twitter, and even their blogs and forum on this very site.

Square-Enix, if you want to use these mobile ports to gauge interest in Dragon Quest, THEN SAY SO. Try bothering to actually address the DQ fandom and honestly say, "sales figures of these DQ mobile games will be used to determine interest in other DQ properties." Don't just lazily toss things out without giving fans any hint of what's up.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Square-Enix, if you want to use these mobile ports to gauge interest in Dragon Quest, THEN SAY SO. Try bothering to actually address the DQ fandom and honestly say, "sales figures of these DQ mobile games will be used to determine interest in other DQ properties." Don't just lazily toss things out without giving fans any hint of what's up.
    Even if they came right out and said this, I still wouldn't buy it. I'm not going to buy a mobile game just because they're holding a game I actually want hostage. If anything, that would make me hate them more than I already do.

Please please please bring DQVII to the 3DS!

Yes PLease SQuare Bring DQVII to the 3DS !!!!! WIll Buy 2 Copies dont worry about sells !! lets spread the word everywhere whoever here got Facebook/Twitter go on their official page and tell them you we want DQVII !!!!! Yooshhh

I too would buy DQ VII if it were localized for the 3DS in the US. Same for DQ I-III. It's strange that just recently we hear of a renewed focus on JRPGS, the establishment of a console RPG studio, and then reluctance to localize DQ VII due to sales figures. In the last few years the success of games like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem should be enough to convince SE to localize DQ games like VII for the 3DS. JRPGs are hot again, and I don't think mobile ports are the best way to gauge interest in a series. Heck, I'd even buy mobile ports if it were not for the horrible touchscreen controls.

It's very disappointing. I'd buy DQVII, DQM, or DQM2 on 3DS in a heartbeat if they were localized. I really want to play them.

Dragon Quest, What's the REAL hold up??

There are plenty of people asking for Dragon Quest games, not just DQ X, not just DQ VII, but in all, ANY Dragon Quest.

Yeah Heroes is the newest biggest one to be coming to the big screen. But why not release others?
    Yeah posts about VII having to much translating to make it worth the money, but what about the Monster Series.

I could personally care less about X

I really want VII

But over it all, Terry's Wonderland, and the Marvelous keys. I mean come on Enix, don't give us the games, make AMAZING remakes and not give us the remakes.

You cannot say there is not a large fan base, or that Americans do not like JRPG's, you can go online do 3 different searches into google and see, WE LOVE OUR DQ.

My whole group of friends like at least one game in the DQ series. Roommate loves 5, and the Monsters series. A couple of friends loved 8. Me and another buddy love 7. I Really love Terrys Wonderland. My god do I obsess over it.

So yeah, I bought everything I could and continue to do so to support what is in my opinion, and many others the BEST turn based game ever made.

Lets get more Dragon Quest... Come on... I search the US release on a daily basis. You hate your fans that much?

I could care less for FF, other buddies love FF games but also love DQ. JUST RELEASE THEM ALREADY.
    Either way, I'll play the Japanese versions of all the games, or wait for a fan translation and play that, OR YOU CAN MAKE $$ on them and release them yourselves.

(ON ANOTHER NOTE: TROLLERS BEWARE, IDC WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, I AM RICHER THAN YOU, I HAVE MORE OF A LIFE THAN YOU, AND YOU CANT MAKE ME MAD, ONLY SE CAN DO THAT).

Not to mention the many times Friends and I type in "Dragon Quest ______ OST" in youtube just to listen to the music.

BTW Gamestop here in the US even says the DQM 3ds series is being released, but how can this be when there are NO posts about it on the internet? Is anyone able to confirm this?
    Last edited by JMoriMori; 16th Feb 2015 at 21:10.

Page 5 of 6 First First 123456 Last