Thread: Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

I absolutely agree , this game looks amazing. It will be very sad for every Dragon Quest fan to miss this game. Square please read this thread and do something about it !

By the way there's a petition existing about this game :

www.gopetition.com/petitions/dragon-ques...

Everything is in the title , i'd like to ask to Square Enix to localize this fabulous game and to not forget the huge Dragon Quest community all over the west and Europe. Thank you very much , this game deserve a localization !!!

I would like these games very much as well. Here's hoping for some E3 announcements if not before.

Please release this game to US x.x I am dieing of anticipation, come on Nintendo -pokes n prods-

guess IT IS OVER FOR dq IN NA

They announced BDFF but ignore the two DQ games that came before it so i guess DQ is now Dead in NA

They announced Bravely Default but ignore the two Dragon Quest games that came before it so i guess Dragon Quest is now Dead in North America

Why so much interest in Dragon Quest? because Dragon Quest all games at the most of the stories are very narrow minds!

Up Square Enix send their news Dragons quests for here.!

Originally Posted by silvergol

They announced Bravely Default but ignore the two Dragon Quest games that came before it so i guess Dragon Quest is now Dead in North America

Why so much interest in Dragon Quest because Dragon Quest all games are so Perv the most of the stories are except7 and low are dull to swallow.

Why do you keep attacking others for liking a certain game? You attacked people who said they liked FFXIII, now you are attacking someone who likes DQ games. You don't like it, fine. Don't force your opinions onto others.

You're very narrow minded, aren't you?

When did i attack some....?

Look! XBOX 360 Fans vs PS3 Fans harsh posts For Kingdom hearts.

About Final Fantasy XIII is my opinion.

About Dragon quest up 7 there are cool because they are cool! Even the annoying perv villagers.

After 7 the story in special about the villains are a little ridiculous!.

A quick suggestion: Add a "I think that...", "In my opinion..." or "I personally don't..." to your sentences. That's what I always do. Also, games are just games. No need to be upset or "hate" something as trivial as that. On the contrary, games are meant to be fun. If you don't like them, then why don't you spend your time on something more worthwhile and rewarding, like studying?

So...the villains after FFVII are ridiculous, but Kefka isn't?

I´m talking about After Dragon Quest new games.... no Final fantasies...

There's still a chance for the DQ7 announcement at E3 or later this year. I'm more intested in BDFF but I hope DQ7 gets announced soon.

Square Enix developing Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake?
    Square Enix trademarks Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys.
    April 21, 2013 / 03:31 PM EDT / Sal Romano (@salromano)

Square Enix recently trademarked the name “Iru to Ruca no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi” in Japan, which roughly translates to “Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys.”

Game Jouhou speculates the trademark could be for a Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake. Square Enix has already remade the first game, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland, for 3DS.

In 2001, Square Enix released Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys (or Malta no Fushigi na Kagi) for Gameboy Color in two versions: Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Luca’s Journey (released overseas as Cobi’s Journey) and Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Iru’s Adventure (released overseas as Tara’s Adventure).

The trademark seems to imply a remake combining both versions.

Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by imported_mike
    Square Enix developing Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake?
    Square Enix trademarks Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys.
    April 21, 2013 / 03:31 PM EDT / Sal Romano (@salromano)

Square Enix recently trademarked the name “Iru to Ruca no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi” in Japan, which roughly translates to “Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys.”

Game Jouhou speculates the trademark could be for a Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake. Square Enix has already remade the first game, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland, for 3DS.

In 2001, Square Enix released Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys (or Malta no Fushigi na Kagi) for Gameboy Color in two versions: Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Luca’s Journey (released overseas as Cobi’s Journey) and Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Malta’s Mysterious Keys – Iru’s Adventure (released overseas as Tara’s Adventure).

The trademark seems to imply a remake combining both versions.

Stay tuned.
    SO this makes me even sour my two favorite DQ games are made in wonderful 3D and i will enver get to play them because they are not localized and region locks so thank you Square for showing you care nothing about your world wide fans

This is a remake of my favorite childhood game. Please localize it so i dont have to spend 400$ to get the japanese version AND a japanese 3DS. I dont even have an American 3DS but ill buy one for this game alone.

Amen!

Please square enix, release dragon quest monsters terry's wonderland 3D in the us and europe. Soon as it comes out I'll be buying it right away.

Any word on Dragon Quest coming out in the States?

I am a long time DQ fan and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything. So far 3 games have come out for the 3DS and we have got none of them. Seriously? Now with a fourth game coming out for the 3DS and one for the WiiU, I am a little concerned that we are not going to get any of them. The last game we got was the second Joker game, and that was a while ago. Seriously Square-Enix, you own so many good franchises that you are just sitting there to rot.

ESPECIALLY since Joke was seriously a step back from the original monster games.

I feel cheated, I bough a 3DS specifically because I HEARD about these remakes, and was just dying to get a hold of them. But so far, nothing but more damn FF games have been announced. And seriously FF hasn't been that great since #6.

We need to rally for DQ in NA and Europe

They are releasing yet another DQ game and no hints for the others http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25...st-monsters-2/ We need to show support and get these games over here

They should release DQ7 at least.

Rolleyes how long are we going to wait?!!

Please release DQ series outside japan! A lot of us are royal fans growing together with the series, not getting any of the new release DQ games make us felt betrayed!!!

what else can we do, except whining? i really miss DQ style RPG on handheld... i even considering learning japanese and get a japan version 3ds(might be faster than waiting for a US release) T_T

It's up to Nintendo that brought the previous few DQ titles on DS to the western audience, but they are currently working on localizing Bravely Default. I think the 3DS DQ games might get localized later.

Question So where are they?

WARNING: Frustrated rant ahead. If you're the type who just prefers to silently roll over and accept getting screwed, I'd suggest not reading.

"Dear" Square-Enix.

There's a Dragon Quest forum still existent on your North American website. You have your moderators posting neat little news tidbits about anything Dragon Quest that pops up. Especially about the slew of newer games that are doing so well over in Japan. I mean, lookit all that. Japan freakin' LOVES their Dragon Quest, and they eat it up.

Well what are we, chopped liver?

Dragon Quest IX did great "over here." It was actually advertised and promoted well, its best features were appropriately hyped up, and what happened? It was a surprising success. Reviewers loved it. It won numerous "awards" from gaming publications. Scores of people still play it, almost 4 years later. There was actually so much outcry over the DQVC being shut down that you re-opened it. Does that look like a game series not worth spreading around to you? No. The Dragon Quest series obviously has a large and devoted fanbase in North America and outside of Japan in general.

Yes, I know localization is something that takes time. DQIX and the two DS Monsters Joker games each had a turnover time of about a year. But it's been at least that long now for the first 3DS games, yet there's been nothing in regards to the games seeing release outside of Japan. Even just an acknowledgment that people who want these games in English exist would be nice. But no, instead... look, Bravely Default's already got a localized English version well on its way, and that came out AFTER Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D. You can't tell me that doesn't look bad.

So what gives when it comes to these newer DQ games, huh? Do you think that all we want are over-budgeted, gritty "western" games like Tomb Raider? Or is there some rule dictating that when a Japanese S-E game becomes popular and successful enough, it's not allowed to leave Japan lest us lowly and undeserving Western white piggies get to enjoy it too?

Obviously I'm frustrated. But can you blame me? I'm a huge fan of this series. I have been ever since I first played "Dragon Warrior Monsters" on my Game Boy Pocket over 10 years ago. So it's intensely frustrating to see these games (especially the amazing remake of the aforementioned Monsters title) doing so well in Japan while so much time passes without Square-Enix NA even so much as admitting they exist. I don't care if they aren't released until 2015 or something. Just as long as I know they're coming. So say they are. Just say ANYTHING about them.

Read my lips: We want Dragon Quest. We will buy the games. With money. Do you want our money, or not?

All frustration and cynical joking aside, just understand this. I want nothing more than to own and play a shiny new version of the game that first made me fall in love with Dragon Quest as a child. Right now, my chances of ever getting to do so look very bleak. Please, PLEASE change that.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last