Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678

Thread: Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Originally Posted by silvergol

What heck are you talking Daniel?

1: It's "What the heck are you saying [not talking] Daniel?"
    2: Basically,
    i. There is no part of the forum (I've seen) for general or specific non-video game talk - and
    ii. It is possible that having such a part of the forum would catalyze more discussion on the forums in general - and
    iii. An increase in general discussion could lead to, more specific, videogame discussion

Square Enix Forums: Feedback

Require Registered titles in order to post to forums.

I strongly feel, to keep the Square-Enix forums clean from trash posts, and rage threads from existing Square-Enix should require at least 1 registered title be linked to your SE account in order to post in the SE forums.

This promotes registering your titles, as well as a feeling of actually getting something for registered titles.

I see many people post hate/rage posts, and 99.99% stem from users who have no titles registered.

If this was implemented I feel the forums will be much cleaner and prevent a mass flow of trolls as this site becomes more utilized and popular. (since its still new.)

It may not be a good idea for the following reasons:

- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable.

- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used.

- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site.

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

It may not be a good idea for the following reasons:

- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable.

- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used.

- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site.

"- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable."

No new games are downloadable from these sites/sources.

Currently only new games are registerable being that the site is still new. I am referring to future forum and current forum cleanliness.

"- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used."

Used games are supporting to Gamestop, Best Buy, and in no way support Square-Enix or the games respective owners, so yes, to keep SE forums clean, prevent gamestoppers from stopping in. I highly support it.

"- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site."

NA forums are for NA, JP for JP, and EU for EU, no need to mesh them. SE seperated them for a reason, and I am not trying to question that reason.

That would, in my opinion, not be a very good idea. Actually, such a rule would, as has already been mentioned, prohibit users from outside of NA to participate in the forum discussions. You are aware that SE EU currently lacks a forum, right?

Then what about those few who tend to fall for imports, such as the EU Limited Editions? I for one only have two North American editions (Dissidia, Dissidia 012) registered on my account. And I have posted...let's see now...about 2,673 times.

OP,

Why would want to discourage people from talking about their latest SE purchases? To your responses to Chrono.

Why should we talk about only new releases? A game is new, to me, when I purchases it, are you saying because I didn't purchase a game day one I'm not eligible to talk about said game? plus, pretty soon all titles will be released digitally from day one, also buying digitally supports the developer more so than buying retail. And what about all of SE's smartphone games are those fans not allowed to discuss their games either?

Which brings me to your second point, you do know that Square Enix allows Gamestop to sell their games (New and Used), in fact they even work with them to sell their games (preorder DLC). If SE really had a problem with used games they wouldn't allow retailers to sell their games used, plus every game that was used was once new first.

Why do you care if buyers of other regions come on this site? We all enjoy the same games, and with so many games with multiplayer components that crosses borders so all of us can enjoy playing games together. Why shouldn't we discuss games together?

What if a person is on the fence on what games to purchase and they want advice from people who owned and played the games?

I say the more the merrier.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who rage against SE and post on these forums that still buy their games brand new and register them.

Only tards think it's cool to exclude people.

Yeah you guys are right, its hopeless to try and hold intelligent conversations without meaningless nonsense.

Especially Roxas The Masculine, he hit the nail on the head.

How to Improve the Forums

These forums, with the bold capitals used for EVERYTHING, are really hard to read.

I guess the main part that's the hardest to read is the list of threads.

It's all awesome and fancy for the overall site design and branding, but not for forums.

Someone might have very well already created a thread about this... but my eyes can't take much more of these forums, so I only looked on the first page for a similar thread

What do you mean by bold capitals? Can you point out a specific example to me?

Originally Posted by Fire

What do you mean by bold capitals? Can you point out a specific example to me?

Thread titles and that's one thing I'd like to see implemented as well.

For instance, this topic could be written out as "Make these forums easier to read", but it will always be displayed as

"MAKE THESE FORUMS EASIER TO READ".

The bold print for each tab on the website doesn't seem to be much of an issue though. Thread titles all close together in a string of CAPS can be an annoyance though.

Originally Posted by imported_Brandon

These forums, with the bold capitals used for EVERYTHING, are really hard to read.

I guess the main part that's the hardest to read is the list of threads.

It's all awesome and fancy for the overall site design and branding, but not for forums.

Someone might have very well already created a thread about this... but my eyes can't take much more of these forums, so I only looked on the first page for a similar thread

Hmmm NO! This way help much more to read and find articles,threads,titles.

Originally Posted by Daniolaut
    "- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable."

No new games are downloadable from these sites/sources.

Currently only new games are registerable being that the site is still new. I am referring to future forum and current forum cleanliness.

Other people already questioned your other points, so I'll skip those, but would you clarify what you mean by this?

Square Enix's last four big releases, Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, and Deus Ex: HR were all available through Steam on day 1. As for being able to only register new titles, the Square Enix Members program has been up since 2009 so you can register games from back then.

I tried to think of a way to help alleviate the rude and pointless posts. Clearly it was vain.

Once they release a new Final Fantasy I wont be in the forums at all. Except maybe to pay my regards to SE for making it a good one.

Just trying fill time in between. I guess I was just in shock at how people act and react in video games forums.

Seriously, every other site has an area where users can talk about their day to day business, things they love to do, games they play(other than SE), and etc. The thread about "What Animes do you Watch" showed us that there really isn't a place to have those discussions.

[Non-Square Enix Threads]

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

I can try to clarify:

The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.

Well that's sad y'all had so much trouble with users in the past, but if that is such an issue why do y'll keep that anime thread going? Seems to me it should have beeen locked, or the "Non'Square Enix Thread needs to be highlighted and on the frront page for all to see. New users such as myself aren't aware of y'alls decisions/choices that took place 12 months ago. And what are groups exactly?

As long as the thread [What do you guys think about anime and what have you watched?] is used for Square Enix-related projects [see the past seven months] there is no reason to lock or delete it.

The website is about to undergo an update.

[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT]

[What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here.]

The rules may or may not change during the coming months.

The Group System existed prior to the most recent website overhaul. As far as I know, there are no plans to bring it back. See the Japanese Circle System for reference: member.jp.square-enix.com/circle/

Makes sense, appreciate it Gravity.

Cool I come from FFXIV Beta forums...better looking "theme" and FFXIV standalone section?

Yeah so maybe I am just used to the beta forums but I like the way it LOOKED a whole lot better than this. This is sort of bland and is not very aesthetically pleasing, plus the text is too big in my opinion.

Also I would like to request that FFXIV have its own section as opposed to being coupled with FFXIII. Don't get me wrong I LOVE FFXIII but I think there can be no doubt that FFIV is going to be a huge game and deserves its own dedicated section, hopefully promoting a SE site specific community.

Yikes I just realize I am in the EU site...hmm...that is all

This isn't the official threads for that game :P. You're in the wrong place. The actual one is
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

However it's not up yet until the game is :P

Maybe more forum skins?

Title pretty much sums it up. I like the colors of the Nosgoth skin over the Square Enix skins bright nothingness but we need a few generic skins for those of us who are not Nosgoth but enjoy having less bright in your face. Please consider this, as an older gamer I often sit in a darkened room just because its easier on the eyes.

why is there a forum catagory lumping FF13-14 together? they dont belong together!

geez!

Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678