Thread: Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

  1. #76

    Originally Posted by Orichalcum+


    I could have sworn there was a topic on this already somewhere in Bug Reports or something.


    Some computers I log in from have this same issue with the i to L thing, but on my netbook right now it's fine. (Do I look like Orlchalcum+ to you? No? :P)

    its Orlchalcum for me... lol. Thankfully I know what it means because a) I know you from KHU and b) I've seen the word in enough games... but not everyone has seen Jalian





    I've taken some web design classes however... and this type of thing is generally frowned on (a different experience for the user based on what is insalled on his/her computer or what browser they are using). What browser are you using? I guess it wouldn't matter too much, because most people who quote me in the forums get the name wrong so they are clearly using something that isn't supporting it.

  2. #77

    That's pretty interesting actually. I guess people see me as TheBoogleBear then ^.^

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    431

    My netbook has Chrome, any other place I log in is usually IE. Now, initially even I was seeing the letters wrong on the Chrome platform, but not anymore.

  4. #79

    Like others have said, I too miss the old 3D avatar customization system. It's what made this website fun to visit. I don't know why, but a thought came to me about a unqiue system of bubbles animated on the side screen displaying updated threads, etc. I'd also like to see ranks added for these forums like on the old Nintendo Nsider. ( It's sad Nintendo canceled that some years ago...).

  5. #80
    Hello all!

    Thanks to all of your invaluable feedback, we'll be making some forum order and consolidation measures today that will reorganize the way you navigate the top and subcategorical forum sections!

    Your favorite threads will still exist, but more often than not will be consolidated into other forums or their addresses will change.

    Please be sure to make use of the "subscribe thread" feature on the forums to always be able to locate your favorite forum!

    We're also adding a couple new general discussion forums in the FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS sections.

    DRAGON QUEST fans, we'll be consolidating all the forum discussions for your favorite titles into one forum under the Title Discussion category.

    If after the consolidation you have any questions about the layout or further feedback, please post a thread in the Site Feedback Forum.

    In the meantime, please pardon us as we move things around. We'll be doing active testing in real-time so you'll definitely see stuff in action.

    Thank you again for all your feedback and please continue to help us shape these forums to the best they can be!

    Robert Allen Peeler
    Community Manager and forum-sweep-smith

  6. #81

    As you might have noticed in this recent announcement. We've changed the order and display of the forums based on a lot of your feedback. Thanks again for the help in making this a better place to post. Please keep adding suggestions to this and other threads so that we can always improve your experience here.


    Oh and feel free to tell us what you think of the recent changes to the layout.

  7. #82

    A good start I must admit.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    35

    In no particular order with some of my own suggestions:


    1) I really want to second, third, fourth or whatever the idea about having in-site notifications about messages and being quoted in the forums.


    Though I check my email often enough, I have noticed that I don't always receive the correct notifications. Also, I think having real-time in-site notifcations would help to encourage more peer-to-peer conversations as group conversations and direct conversations would be easier to track. Instead of having to check email, we can simply glance at our on-site notifications.


    2) I would really personally appreciate a raw post formatting option for replying to posts in addition to the current WYSIWYG interface.


    Autoformatting paragraphs and such really bothers me because I am so entirely used to being able to input my posts raw and doing all the formatting myself. I do web development so I am constantly handcoding everything.


    3) Can we please fix how the forum posts look in regards to paragraph spacing and quote spacing?


    There is a really large gap/spacing between paragraphs and an even bigger spacing around quoted content and the posted content afterwards and all of the whitespace makes the topic threads look really... space-y and sprawling. Could the spacing please be decreased a little so that everything looks more streamlined and compact?


    4) The avatars issue could be fixed if there were someone(s) dedicated entirely to the approving (or disproving) of uploaded avatars.


    5) Related to avatars (and I'm not sure if this is already in place since I haven't uploaded any new avatars since my first and current one), it would be useful to be able to have in our image collection a collection of all of our approved avatars so that when we switch to a different avatar, we don't have to go through the approval process all over again.


    Basically, if I uploaded and used 3 different avatars over a span of time, I should be able to go and choose one of my previously used avatars to re-use again without having to have my avatar be moderated again.


    5) I really like how we can see our registered games in our profiles on the Games tab, but I would love it even more if we could keep a running list of all of the SE titles we own - registered or not.


    A lot of us own games from the pre-code era (I definitely have quite a collection of games from before then) or games that were pre-owned or games that were imported and it would be awesome if there were some way we could make note of these games in our Games collection.


    Currently, our registered games show as a grid of nice big rectangular blocks; the non-registered pre-code era games could be a following grid made of squares maybe?


    One of the things I enjoy about GameSpot is that I can keep a comprehensive running list of all of the games that I own. I'd love to be able to keep a similar list here at SE of all of the SE games in my collection.


    6) I would love to see a bit more profile customization if possible.


    Nothing fancy (as I know 'fancy' things tend to get out of hand), but being able to specifiy which forum and site-related modules we want to see on our profiles would be awesome and a way to rearrange these modules would be great, too, though perhaps a tall order. That way, I could - for example - move my modules around so that my Subscribed threads would be visible first rather than towards the bottom.


    I don't mind seeing all of the information that I am seeing now, but having to hunt through my profile for the right module of information is a bit much at times.


    In our photo albums/picture albums, there is a Wall Photos album. What are the Wall Photos for? Does this mean there is another profile customization option in the works?


    7) And yes, I miss my old animated avatar, too.


    It was something that made my SE members account page and membership unique and it gave me a way to show off my SE-related geekiness by dressing up my avatar in SE-inspired clothing and accessories.


    All that said, that's it for now; I will post more if I think of anything else.


    Also, I am really digging the new site and the new forum and such and I feel like there is so much potential for all of it so I really can't wait to see what other changes and features might be implemented.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    196

    I see that with the forum changes, the Single Titles are now grouped together under "Other Games"

    I've noticed that the titles were edited into the thread name, such as putting TWEWY before the original thread title, but you missed one of my threads involving Last Remnant. na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251...

    I posted a thread saying "Amazing" in the Last Remnant forum and now it's in the other games forum. How is anyone supposed to know which game title I was talking about? I can't edit the thread title myself so if you could please put it in, it would be appreciated.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

  10. #85

    updated!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    196

    Thank you so much.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

  12. #87

    Originally Posted by Aith


    In no particular order with some of my own suggestions:


    1) I really want to second, third, fourth or whatever the idea about having in-site notifications about messages and being quoted in the forums.


    I like this idea, but its definitely not a quick implementation, however we will continue to look into it.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    2) I would really personally appreciate a raw post formatting option for replying to posts in addition to the current WYSIWYG interface.



    We currently have no plans to add more posting UI options, but if this is a frequent concern of many users we'll look into the option.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    3) Can we please fix how the forum posts look in regards to paragraph spacing and quote spacing?



    It'll be a while before we can make changes to this but we're actively looking into preferred style formats for the forum.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    4) The avatars issue could be fixed if there were someone(s) dedicated entirely to the approving (or disproving) of uploaded avatars.



    We'll try to ease the approval time on this but appreciate everyone's patience.



    Originally Posted by Aith


    5) it would be useful to be able to have in our image collection a collection of all of our approved avatars so that when we switch to a different avatar, we don't have to go through the approval process all over again.



    The avatar system will be going through some changes to allow for multiple options. We'll let you know what changes are in store at a later time.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    5) I would love it even more if we could keep a running list of all of the SE titles we own - registered or not.



    I think this is a good idea. We'll have to look into the process as well as the display.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    6) I would love to see a bit more profile customization if possible.



    Overtime we will have more customization options in the MY SITE page.


    Originally Posted by Aith


    7) And yes, I miss my old animated avatar, too.



    While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system.



  13. #88
    I recall before the big change we can add photos to the forum post and now we can't? Can you guys fix that? Its frustrating. I created a big, long thread about Versus XIII and I had to delete it because I couldn't add photos and I became a huge wall of text.

    If not can you give me a good reason why not?

  14. #89

    Concerning the Square Enix Forums

    Square used to be the best rpg maker in the world, and there forums are smaller and less likely than nis america or atlus?

    nobody cares about square because they dont listen to the fans at all

  15. #90
    They wont ever touch half the series on this forum

  16. #91

    these forums are still kind of new. A lot of people probably don't even realize that Square's members is working again... not everyone was checking every week to see if it was up like I was.





    That doesn't mean that I don't agree with you. They definately don't seem to listen... fans demanding FFv13, FF7 remakes, KH3... we get nothing on any of these titles. They are catering to the fanbase of FF13 and its sequels... which isn't necessarily a bad idea... but the lack of interest in their other fanbases is disapointing.

  17. #92

    Way to tell it like it is lol

  18. #93

    Yea. Square had changed soon after they merged with Enix. They are completely relying on their western games to make them money for the most part. I'm okay with them having games for the western appeal only, but they can do so much better on their own side that they're not doing.

  19. #94

    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain your concern better?

  20. #95

    Originally Posted by Robert Peeler


    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain your concern better?



    I think what he means is that for a ton of the games here that have a forum, like the Parasite Eve series, Chrono trigger/cross, and the games under the "Additional Title Discussion" that's under "Other Forums" that's under the "Sub-Forums (15)" do not get as much love as the FF series or KH series. Granted that FF and KH is one of the major IPs of SQEX, it would be nice to have those also have a dedicated forum area if you will than just pilling them up all in the "Additional Title Discussion" forum...sorta like treating them like the 2nd child while FF and KH are the first child where all the attention is going to. But then again, you have big western IPs from SQEX's western studios that are major IPs like Deus Ex, and Tomb Raider that is shoved into the Sub-Forums (15) catagory, as if they are nothing to fans. And what I think he means by "They wont ever touch half the series on this forum" is that SQEX (especially SQEX Japan) seems to be only focusing on FF and KH, and browser games, but there's fans out there that are dying for the next Parasite Eve game, or the next Chrono trigger/cross game, etc. The games that really helped define Squaresoft and helped Squaresoft grow back in the day. I mean, please don't forget about old fans that loved those retro games, and still do and are patiently waiting for another installment. And along the lines, The 3rd Birthday was a slap in the face for Parasite Eve fans, after a decade of waiting to have everything known to the PE series ruined by the atrocious story...except for the music, which is always awesome because Yoko Shimomura composed it, the winter setting in New York, and of course Yvonne Strahovski as "Aya"/Aya's VA.

  21. #96

    I guess it is a good thing 3D WorldRunner or Bahamut Lagoon (not to mention Blood of Bahumat) doesn't have a forum to post in.

  22. #97

    In terms of forum organization:


    - Titles that are under "Additional Title Discussion", like Parasite Eve Series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are listed as such because their iteration count is significantly lower than the FINAL FANTASY or KINGDOM HEARTS series. Simply for forum organization, and breadth of content discussion--FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS have a higher board count. In other words, they produce more discussion so the boards for them are more prominent.


    - If titles like the Parasite Eve series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross had as much discussion as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, you can assume we'd increase their forum prominence. Currently the forum layout is very much a reflection of what players on this site have been focusing on. We welcome new player feedback for reorganizing forums, but the biggest catalyst to forum organization is when players talk about a title.


    - In terms of big titles from our Eidos group, they're organized in the Other Forums section when they're not housed on this forum but rather link to other forums. We used to make the links more prominent, but players too often mistook them for local forums when they were actually links to other sites.


    - Regarding development, I think players would be even more upset if we removed the Chrono Trigger or Parasite Even forums simply because new titles weren't in development for those series'. Like Ikusu mentioned, we used to have forums for every title we ever developed, simply to allow players to choose from the start, no matter when it released or how popular it was in North America, which game they wanted to talk about most. A few weeks back we reorganized the forum specifically on what titles players talked about most. I absolutely encourage you to start and continue discussion on any title you wish--if the discussions grow large enough, we'll accomodate players by adding more forums or increasing existing forum capacity.


    -Also one more bit of insight into how we designed these forums: titles not released in NA, or not yet announced for a NA release will not have official forums. This is because we want to avoid confusing players on what titles are supported in NA and what aren't.

  23. #98

    I saw a player concern and wanted to clarify a few points on how we've designed forum organization.

    - Titles that are under "Additional Title Discussion", like Parasite Eve Series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are listed as such because their iteration count is significantly lower than the FINAL FANTASY or KINGDOM HEARTS series. Simply for forum organization, and breadth of content discussion--FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS have a higher board count. In other words, they produce more discussion so the boards for them are more prominent.


    - If titles like the Parasite Eve series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross had as much discussion as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, you can assume we'd increase their forum prominence...


    - In terms of big titles from our Eidos group, they're organized in the Other Forums section when they're not housed on this forum but rather link to other forums.


    - Regarding development, I think players would be ...upset if we removed the Chrono Trigger or Parasite Even forums simply because new titles weren't in development for those series'. ...[There] used to [be] forums for every title we ever developed/produced, simply to allow players to choose from the start, no matter when it released or how popular it was in North America, which game they wanted to talk about most. ...we reorganized the forum specifically on what titles players talked about most. I absolutely encourage you to start and continue discussion on any title you wish--if the discussions grow large enough, we'll accomodate players by adding more forums or increasing existing forum capacity.


    -Also one more bit of insight into how we designed these forums: titles not released in NA, or not yet announced for a NA release will not have official forums. This is because we want to avoid confusing players on what titles are supported in NA and what aren't.


    Long story short (too late), please continue to give us feedback on how you want us to organize the forums, we're happy to make changes, but keep in mind we also consider heavily what forums players are talking on--so another clear way to be heard is to keep discussion going on the titles you want to talk about most!


  24. #99

    I disagree, there japan teams makes them most of the money





    But come on, this mobile casual bull**** has to stop





    all we want are rpgs, western and eastern developed...........

  25. #100

    and northen.

Page 4 of 8 First First 12345678 Last