Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Yeah!!!!! Let's keep this place alive

On your first point, there are Final Fantasy Series and a Kingdom Hearts series forums, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to take out those two longer chunks and replace them with links to those two forums. and then have all of the individual forums in there (and maybe add general discussion forums specifically for those two franchises while they're at it?)

OK, let's go through the list.

1) I personally don't mind having boards for each of the games in the main series, since I find it to be a little more organized than just lumping everything together.

2) Seconded if only just to have it there, or, if people want to just chat, maybe actually having an IRC to keep nonsense chatter off of actual topics. I tend to avoid "general" discussion boards. Fan Fiction and Fan Art could very well be combined.

3) No issues with the avatar here.

4) They were working on it and it's been stated if you feel that some games are missing (keep in mind that this would be physical copies of games purchased after 17th March 2009), you should try contacting Admin.

5) Definite agreement. I'd prefer having in-site notification rather than check my mail (which I need to do more these days anyway).

6) I could see something like this. They've said that features are still yet to be rolled out.

7) No. I've seen sites remove it for the potential to be abused (where it was paired with a dislike button, especially).

I agree on the off-topic discussions & the notification system.

@ Orichalcum+ : Yes I do agree that there is abuse that happens when you have a like and dislike buttons, but there is a way to get around it. First, no "dislike" button. Number two, limit the amount of likes you have per day, 5 is a good amount. And yes I was a victim of the abuse of a dislike button, but I went to a site that removed it's dislike button because they saw in abuse.

I wish the old avatar system would come back on NA SEM. I miss my avatar T.T

So do I...

I miss the old avatar system as well.

What I miss the most..is Johonny's in Grim's Excavation group. Can we at least set up a temporary outpost for everyone's favorite Dump here as a forum?!

Lol. Well someone had to mention it. Let's hope they fix it now.

1) When the website becomes more active, I think having separate boards for each game would help it be more organized. It's inconvenient to look for topics when boards become too cluttered and mixed with different topics.

2) Definitely agree with expanding the forums to more general chats. It does keep the forums alive, especially when there's an idle period of news or hype. Actually, people are already using the General Discussions forum to post random topics. So maybe the more general chat topics we post there, then maybe they'll convert it to a complete non-SE, random, off-topic general discussion forum and have sub-forums with it.

3) There needs to be a gallery of avatars to choose from if users don't want to upload a picture. I would've chosen an avatar if it was available on the website.

4) In think in time, they'll have it all complete and updated.

5) Agree with a message notification on site. You can respond more quickly to messages if there was a notification on site than only through email.

6) Also agree with this. The more social the website is, then the more people will use it.

7) Like Orichalcum+ said, people do tend to abuse the "Like" and "Dislike" buttons. But I think that there should at least be a spam or report button.

I'd also like to see a "View New Posts Since Last Visit" link. Topic here: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349...

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Merging SE NA and SE EU and turning them into SE International (or something like that) would be nice. I understand if that is easier said than done, though.

I think they want to keep it separate because the news brought to each country is different and sometimes doesn't apply to other countries, and of course the language and cultural barriers. Keeping the main website and news separate is fine, but the forums could still be merged. Having a split discussion does seem unnecessary. Again, there is a language barrier, but at least the NA and EU forums could still be merged.

Originally Posted by Zarmjx

Okay after being in the new Square Enix Members for a couple of days, I notice there are alot of things can be done.

Let me list them:
    1.) ...My advice shrink/condense the board, trust me it will be much easier to navigate.
    We're always looking at the activity on forums and seeing if there are areas to condense or expand. The launch layout as you see it now was designed to give as much freedom to users to find whatever games, be they new or old, to discuss to their preferences, but we will have changes to the layout periodically over time as users interests change as well as where we have new games come into focus.

2.) ...Have a REAL General Discussion Board, Fan Fiction Board, a Fan Art Board, and for some of the people here, the Role Playing Board.
    There is a General Discussion Board that should cover topics that don't typically belong in the title forums. You are encouraged to share your ideas/thoughts/and yep, fan fiction related to any title you wish within the various title discussion boards. For now please work with your fellow fans to create the kind of content you want to see on these boards, and to the best of our ability we will work to reflect what the community wants to do.

3.) If the avatar authorization is a big problem, have preselected avatars of all your intelllectual properties...
    The option of preselected avatars are actually in the works, but currently we feel fans should enjoy the freedom of uploading what avatars they wish as long as it follows the forum guidelines.

4.) A few things here are incomplete and it does need to be fixed around, one example is the game registration...
    As someone else mentioned, adjustments to this system are being ironed out over time; with more game information and fully fleshed out pages every day. We appreciate your patience with this process.

5.) The message system needs a notification when you recieve new messages...
    I like this idea! However I'm not sure how easy it will be to implement very quickly so we'll have to look into it.

6.) I think the profiles need a comment box or shout box...
    I also like this idea, and many of the previous Members site features. We're looking to roll out some of those features, many of them with new formats we hope you'll utilize and enjoy.

7.) Add a "Like" button...
    I like this idea, specifically how it's used on the FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV forums, so we'll look into this as well.

A lot of the above sounds like we're asking you to do a lot of the heavy lifting, but that's only because our personal feelings are that this board should be a reflection of what users talk about and want to see. Don't worry though, we're hard at work adding features, content, and some exclusive surprises that I hope you'll be very excited for in the coming weeks and months. We love the feedback however and know going in that this board lives on the efforts of our awesome and dedicated fans!

You may need to fix the wording on the description of that board. It states:

"Use this forum to have general discussions about Square Enix."

It still states that we need to talk about Square Enix.

That's correct, the forum in its entirety is for discussions on Square Enix and our related products, games, merchandise, music, etc. Players can discuss really anything they want related to Square Enix. The general discussion forum is for threads that aren't specifically related to any particular series or Square Enix product.

i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/JMZX001...

Okay basically if it is a General Discussion, it's bottom description will say, "Use this board to have General Discussion about current events and conversations about other Topics."

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

I miss the old avatar system as well.

What I miss the most..is Johonny's in Grim's Excavation group. Can we at least set up a temporary outpost for everyone's favorite Dump here as a forum?!

Violence, lost children, alcohol, mysterious spoon tunnels, hot ladies & Balto, beheaded mothers and killer gophers? I don't know...actually, a place like that might even harm the company's image.

Just wait and see. The groups might return eventually, and then perhaps JoHoNNY's might return as a secret Yami no Bar. In fact, that has already happened.

Reposted (Dunno why there's another thread for this when I already made one):

One of my suggestions is to assign a maximum of 2 members to moderate per subforum. I'm not talking about picking random members to moderate, but rather people who are helping the specific subforum in the main game itself. And also, the purpose of moderators is to unclutter the respective forums they moderate, to keep it clean and away from trolls.

My other suggestion is that you can have your own profile page. Yeah, like Facebook. That way, we could update our status and subscribe to some fellow members that deem our likings, thus making this forums a helping hand.

Have like and dislike systems, yes.

Have forums have an offtopic discussion, spam thread I mean.

I would like to add a suggestion here. I just noticed two different users with the exact same avatar . I found this rather confusing, and was wondering if there could be a system set in place such that newer users cannot use avatars already taken by older users?

For the avatar gallery, maybe, but I think it's too easy to work around since people have the option of uploading their own avatars anyway.

Also Since we have PSN, Xbox Gamertag, and Wii FC Code, we also need 3DS FC code.

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but when you go to look for a Spoiler Tag when you're composing your post, sometimes it's there....but more often not. Have had to reword a few posts to make up for this.

Everyone thinks my name is Jallan. It's Jalian, as it clearly says "Welcome, Jalian!" at the top... but when I post in the forums, it looks like Jallan... just a little annoying.

Yea, I know what you mean. The i in TehOuchies got distorted as well...

PS - I was reading your name as Jallan as well. :X

at first I thought everyone on the site was making the same typo... but then I realized it couldn't be a coincident..

I could have sworn there was a topic on this already somewhere in Bug Reports or something.

Some computers I log in from have this same issue with the i to L thing, but on my netbook right now it's fine. (Do I look like Orlchalcum+ to you? No? :P)

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last