Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

My suggestion is that there should be only 5 - 6 THREADS per subforum. This includes, A Question and Answer, A General Discussion, A Random Thread, A Notice, Other stuffs for that game and a Spam Thread (this is the "non" serious thread that you can talk with others, relating to the subforum). By this, the subforum won't be messed up too much, and it would maintain clean and active. Plus, that subforum will be easy to track and to follow.

My other suggestion is to have signatures in your posts.

+1 for the moderation suggestion.

I don't disagree with some of this, since I've made broad topic threads for other sections of these boards already, but I don't believe that such restrictive moderation is necessary or even needed at this point in time. People need to keep in mind that this version of the site is still in its infancy, and what forums need in their early stages is activity to be encouraged, not stifled by rules and restrictions.

One could see a single topic as easier to follow since it covers everything, another could see it as a hassle because everyone is posting in it and makes the conversation hard to follow. In contrast, the sight of many topics is a sign of growth, of people willing to talk about specific things that "matter" to them, or cluttered and full of redundancy at worst.

There are two sides to the coin.

EDIT: If you go into the Preferences link at the top of the forums page (small and relatvely unfancy font), you can add a simple signature from there. You can even use HTML code if you want to make it fancier.

This is a forum. It has limitations. The order of the community depends on the order of THE subforum itself. Can't you find a sign of growth where there are only 5 topics to visit with each have their own purposes? When one thread gets 1000 posts, time for a thread 2. That's really special. If you are visiting other forums/subforums, they only have 5 main threads, with 3-5 unstickied ones. This way, it could not get cluttered and outdated.

Fair enough. I've seen examples where threads get long enough to warrant a ver.2 or even more.

But even a general discussion topic alone could seem "cluttered" with unwanted information to someone who only wants focus his discussion on a specific piece of the pie. I could make another Minigame topic for another Final Fantasy title: does that mean that someone who wants to talk about the intricacies of one specific minigame can't have his topic on it because of redundancy?

As I said before, I'm not outright disagreeing with you. But there needs to be a balance somewhere, and it's not one that's going to be found right away. Who knows how many other Members, veterans and new alike, are yet to come out of the woodworks to contribute to this place?

I think the forum should be shared between NA members and EU members. It doesn't make sense to split the discussion, and at the moment EU has nothing,

i created a new account to be in the forums, but I can't register any of my games on this account.

So in short, any member should be able to access a single English forum, centralised.

That's just my opinion, thanks!

That is why there are only few threads to highlight about. Creating an irrevelant discussion doesn't mean that you should create a new thread. It isn't bad to break a discussion/the purpose of the thread, as long as you're on the right thread. Have questions? Go to the Q n A. Any New discussion that can open up the Main Discussion team? Go to the main GD thread. Have a new comment/interesting fact about a character/weapon/min-game/place in the game? Go to the Spam Thread. You don't know the main guidance of the subforum? Visit the notice thread.

Specifically, it doesn't hurt to have 10 or less topics per subforum. If you have a separate discussion that CAN'T be included in one of the threads, then CREATE one. But if you found a thread that's suitable for your post, then post in that thread. One example that I'll be making a thread off is my Speed Kills Discussion for XIII-2, so only Speed Kill related stuffs are only acceptable to post there. But separate threads and multiple threads is pretty bad, like making a thread for just a question (which should be posted in the Q N A).

And that depends on the moderators (if any) on how they maintain and order their subforums. Honestly, what I want is the above, but it's my opinion.

Mine also -_- But I doubt that will happen.

Merging SE NA and SE EU and turning them into SE International (or something like that) would be nice. I understand if that is easier said than done, though.

Still, the Chinese SE page shouldn't be left out (even if it hasn't been updated for a few years): www.square-enix.net.cn/

Oh, and regarding registering games: Most of my SE titles are the NA editions, but pretty much all of them (with the exception of Dissidia and Dissidia 012) are from before registration codes were handed out. Nowadays I always get the EU Collector's Editions or the JP versions instead of buying the NA ones.

When I try using the "INSERT PHOTO" command in a forum topic, this happens:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Loc...

The page locks up like this.

It can be easy to lose a topic you're having a conversation on with this many boards and subboards.

If there isn't a way, the brains and brawn behind the site should make up one Please?

If it's a seperate page/search funtion, then by all means.

Another thing that would help is that the boards listing should list the actual topic posted in last for each sub-board, not just the time since and the user that posted it.

I don't find the amount of boards and sub-boards to be an issue, myself, it's quite necessary for somewhat organized discussion about the myriad of things Square Enix has to offer.

I may not have understood your question correctly, but if I did, just subscribe to whatever thread you want to keep up with. It will tell you when somebody comments, I think.

You know, I 'm going to test it out myself, I'm not even sure if that's true. I'll start with this one.

Does it only tell you via email though? Because sorting through all my junk and spam is quite hard nowadays XD If it lets me follow them, through say my profile or something, that'd be alot better :P

And I don't find it an issue to have this many boards, I do like it alot. It just sometimes can be easy to forget about one topic when you're discussing others But I know that on alot of vB based forums there is a simple button to see all the new threads/threads with new posts with one button, just wondering if we can get something like that

Under the home page there is a community activity section with the five most recent posts on it and a button to show older activities. However, the older activities button is broken at the moment, I hope it gets to be fixed sometime soon

Yes, I agree. I hope there'll be a "new posts since last visit" feature. It's convenient to have the topics listed on one page instead of trying to look through all your emails for the last comment of your subscribed threads. I also like to just read the new topics and topics that have new posts in it. It's especially helpful when you don't visit the forums very often and you need a quick summary of what's new in the forums.

That is all.

I knew I wasn't the only OCD here. Somebody fix that please!

Forum sections out of order?

Noticing that the organization of the forum directory isn't the same as what it used to be. Additional Title Discussion has jumped to the top, and the Kingdom Hearts 3D and Final Fantasy XIII-2 forums aren't in the same places that they were.

That's a bug for sure, not sure what's causing it. I corrected the order and I'll see if we can find out why that's happening. Thanks for the catch!

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    In terms of reporting posts, which I admit is something I don't tend to want to do very often, the buttons to send or cancel the report seem to not be working (comes up javascript;void when I hover over them), and sometimes, trying to move the position of the type cursor causes the contents of the report description to be erased.

Is this still happening for you? I haven't so far been able to replicate the bug.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

When I try using the "INSERT PHOTO" command in a forum topic, this happens:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Loc...

The page locks up like this.

Currently image posting to the forum is somewhat restricted. Though you should not get a page lock-up. We'll look into this.

Yep, the Additional Titles are back where they should be! Just the KH3D and FFXIII-2 boards are still out of order in their respective sections, they list second from the top.

You're welcome!

Should be correct now.

Okay after being in the new Square Enix Members for a couple of days, I notice there are alot of things can be done.

Let me list them:
    1.) You have to many boards for one series, example of this is Final Fantasy where it is divided into the different games like VII, VIII, etc., I think it should be compressed into one board, its a bit of a waste of having each game having it's own board. Imagine if you were Nintendo and did Mario, you would have an extra long page. My advice shrink/condense the board, trust me it will be much easier to navigate.

2.) The vast majority of the forum is about just taling about your products, I mean sure it's your site and you don't want to mix any content that you as a company do not have the rights to, but it is up for discussion. We would like to talk about other things besides your products and just plain old chat about how was your day or even what are some good movies that are coming out. Have a REAL General Discussion Board, Fan Fiction Board, a Fan Art Board, and for some of the people here, the Role Playing Board. Trust me adding these will help make the forum more active. Seriously you need to please the fans, don't be like Capcom.

3.) If the avatar authorization is a big problem, have preselected avatars of all your intelllectual properties. Back on Nsider, Nintendo had a selection of avatars of all the characters they have on their systems and they were over 500 different avatars to choose from. On the other hand you can bring back the old avatar maker that we had in the beginning so people can make their own unique avatar with your supplies and thus not being restricted with Copyrights and such.

4.) A few things here are incomplete and it does need to be fixed around, one example is the game registration. You do have some games that are missing for display and there is no way for us to know which games are we missing. We don't have a master list here like we did in the old site so you can see what games you registered and the points you got, I think we need to fix that, pictures are nice to show off but we can read.

5.) The message system needs a notification when you recieve new messages. Email notifications are okay but you need one ON SITE not when you look at the message center. Also there is some glitch with the message system that says I have new messages when I don't.

6.) I think the profiles need a comment box or shout box so friends can send out quick messages or say compliments like we had back on the old site. This will help members feel a bit comfortable with the community.

7.) Add a "Like" button. Whenever a member makes a good post in a thread or comment they should be recognized by their peers on this site.

Well so far this is what I have, I hope this will help you in making the new Square Enix memebers site be more appealing. Also I can't wait to see how the new achievement section will work out and other changes that will hapen in the near future. Let's keep this place alive.

wistles.., nice^^

Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last