Thread: Paratroop Question

Paratroop Question

Paratroop Question

Is there any way to drop more than one airplane full of paratroops at one time, no matter how fast I click the button I can only get one at a time, I noticed many screenshots show multiple planes dropping thme, how do I do that?

Well,

You actually have to click through the whole process each time, click paratrooper on the mini-order screen, and then click on the map once. It's easy to tell if there's more than one, because the little icon on the order screen will have multiple blips.

I can do that, but when the paratrooper plane flys over only one plane comes, drops the paratroops, then another one comes and so on, is there any way to make two or more to fly over at the same time?

well, not really

Even with the game on pause, it will advance a single frame for each click you make. I believe this is an engine limitation of the game. Multiple orders on pause will still occur almost simultaneously, though.

Ok then, another question, where do I get units like machine gun groups. kublwagens, jagdtigers and assault guns, artillery and other things in skirmish mode, or are they only in campaign mode.

Ok

Most of that stuff is for campaign only. The Machine Gunners, however, are the troops that come as passengers in the troop transports. Note that any unit you put in a building retains it's mode of fire; so if you remove the regular infantry from a key ammo dump & replace it with Snipers or Machine-gunner troops, they will shoot sniper rifles or machine guns out of that building, repsectively.

Note also that mix & match infantry each uses their independant weapons, so that you can have a couple of snipers or flamethrower units mixed into regular infantry brigades, which can make a good tactical unit.

Hmm I can get assault infantry when I build halftracks, but I can never find machine gun groups no matter what vehicles I build. Or are they in campaign only too.

That's them

The assault troops carry machine guns.

yeah but what about the ones that come in groups of 2 and have the heavy machine guns?

Only stationary, in skirmish

I've personally never seen those guys you're talking about. If they're in a campaign mission they're probably for that mission only. Bear in mind that you can make your own maps with any units in them already made, though. I don't think that there's any way to order them up, otherwise. Sorry.

Ok then, I saw the machine gun groups in the manual that came with the game, I wish they let you build more stuff in skirmish mode. I take it with the map editor theres still no way to get heavy artillery for skirmish mode.