Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy X-3 WISH!

Final Fantasy X-3 WISH!

When i saw the Crisis Core, with out even playing it, i already knew the ending.

When I First played it, it didn't dissapoint me, it was far better than i expeted, it excelled my expectatives by far!!!

Having this said i guess my question is quite Obvious : When Will we have a game of Jecht, Brasca and Auron in old Spira!!! If it gets done i know it will be better than X-2! And X-2 was great!!!

What do other fans think? Hope you agree with me!!!

Final fantasy X was the game that got me started on square enix but I do have to say X-3 about tidus father woundn't buy it honestly, Tidus reminds me too much of my bond with my dad in the game

Sadly, you're about the only person that admits to liking Final Fantasy X-2. The game as a whole was pretty rough. Now, I'm not one to criticize any of the Final Fantasys, but if I had to pick on one, it would be that one. I remember beating X when I was a Freshmen or Sophmore and as soon as X-2 came out, I grabbed it. I played a whole 45 minutes, and never touched it again. As soon as I started to play it, I felt I was playing a weird Powder Puff Girls game, or something along those lines. I really don't know how to describe it honestly. I wanted to see Tidus and Yuna finding each other, but it wasn't something I was dedicated to seeing, having to go through the game. I'm not the only one who thinks that X-2 was a "bad" game, which is apparent as they never touched the X-games afterwords until just recently with announcing that they're making X an HD game.

As far as having a X-3, I seriously doubt it, nor would I hold my breath. It's about as possible as them releasing Versus XIII this year.

Originally Posted by SquEnix Final Warrior
    Having this said i guess my question is quite Obvious : When Will we have a game of Jecht, Brasca and Auron in old Spira!!! If it gets done i know it will be better than X-2! And X-2 was great!!!

Final Fantasy X is still my all-time favorite game. I have been waiting 10 years, and I'm finally getting the Jecht symbol tattooed on my chest for my birthday.

That all said, I STILL wouldn't want X-3. X and X-2 were two halves of a whole. There's no need/sense in making a third game, least of all with Jecht as the main character.

More so, I DO NOT want Square Enix tainting the game. Remember, FFX was made by Squaresoft, not Square Enix. Many of the people who made the game have left the company after ther merger between Square and Enix, and plenty of them have changes positions also. Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, left Square Enix years ago and created Mistwalker Inc., which made Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and recently, The Last Story (finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hironobu_Sak...). Nobuo Uematsu, the original composer for almost all Final Fantasy games, has left too. Many original creators from the series have left the company, and just recently a few more left too (kotaku.com/5904243/key-square-enix-devel...).

Final Fantasy X-3 would be completely unecessary. I would rather see Square Enix find a way to go back to the way the series was all the way until after Final Fantasy X, or to just finally put an end to their series and start something new. That said, I wouldn't put it past Square Enix in all their absurdity to make an FFX-3 at some point or another. And I won't be buying it.

Sadly, you're about the only person that admits to liking Final Fantasy X-2. The game as a whole was pretty rough. Now, I'm not one to criticize any of the Final Fantasys, but if I had to pick on one, it would be that one. I remember beating X when I was a Freshmen or Sophmore and as soon as X-2 came out, I grabbed it. I played a whole 45 minutes, and never touched it again.

I liked Final Fantasy X-2. And I'm tired off as$wipe "holier-than-thou" fanboys who think they can speak on behalf of ALL gamers on the opinion of a game (e.g., yourself).

Nor do I think your opinion holds any merit at all, when you only played "45 minutes" of the entire game.

"The game was positively received by critics and was commercially successful. After nine months of being released in Japan, it sold a million copies in North America, and approximately four million copies worldwide. Final Fantasy X-2 was voted as the 32nd best game of all time by the readers of Famitsu. The English version of the game won an award for "Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance" at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 2004. The game has attained a rating of 86% on Game Rankings and an 85% rating on Metacritic."

"Within nine months of its Japanese release, Final Fantasy X-2 sold a million copies in North America, and nearly four million copies worldwide. It was voted as the 32nd best game of all time by readers of the Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which also gave it a 34 out of 40. The English release of Final Fantasy X-2 won the Seventh Annual Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciencesaward in 2004 for "Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance" in recognition of the character Rikku.

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2

I don't know why people talk bad about X-2 it was just different I liked the battle system and the spheregrid, it was so fun and each character had a different take on the costume for a job. As for naming the FFX series about Jecht and the crew before everything happened in X, I doubt they would even call it X-3. Maybe Final Fantasy X: Calling Before Sin. or something along the lines, kinda like what Crisis Core was to FFVII.

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner
    I don't know why people talk bad about X-2 it was just different...

Can't say it's bad, but there were several things I disliked about it.

It took a reserved, yet strong character in the first game and changed her profession to idol while having her run around in short spats and half a skirt. There's coming out of your shell, which I'm all for, and there's growing a 5 ft long ponytail and pretending like you're Charlie's Angels. Words could not express how happy I was when Dissidia 012 showed that Yuna would be a Summoner.

We also lacked some extra content and two more dresspheres. Whomever the winner was that designed the festival goer sphere was a child genus at. Hope Square Enix hired him or her. The secret ending kinda irked me as well. Felt that FFX concluded so well, and that FFX-2 just kinda mocked it.

But I do agree with you.

Loved the battlesystem. It took some of my favorite features from FF9 and FFT and meshed them together with a style all its own. The special dresspheres made the characters play as if they were the menacing bosses you were always forced to fight against. Post game dungeon content and the different classes were a lot of fun. The New Game+ was great as well, since you got to keep accessories and work on even more completition.

Yeah I thought when I was playing the game, that it was a mix-up of Charlie's Angels and Final Fantasy, it was pretty funny, I think the story could've been better but I just really liked the gameplay. The sad thing for me tho when you start fighting against your old aeons, I think I purposely losed to Ifrit and Bahamut cause I was so upset that they did that tho. XD

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

Final Fantasy X is still my all-time favorite game. I have been waiting 10 years, and I'm finally getting the Jecht symbol tattooed on my chest for my birthday.

That all said, I STILL wouldn't want X-3. X and X-2 were two halves of a whole. There's no need/sense in making a third game, least of all with Jecht as the main character.

More so, I DO NOT want Square Enix tainting the game. Remember, FFX was made by Squaresoft, not Square Enix. Many of the people who made the game have left the company after ther merger between Square and Enix, and plenty of them have changes positions also. Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, left Square Enix years ago and created Mistwalker Inc., which made Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and recently, The Last Story (finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hironobu_Sak...). Nobuo Uematsu, the original composer for almost all Final Fantasy games, has left too. Many original creators from the series have left the company, and just recently a few more left too (kotaku.com/5904243/key-square-enix-devel...).

Final Fantasy X-3 would be completely unecessary. I would rather see Square Enix find a way to go back to the way the series was all the way until after Final Fantasy X, or to just finally put an end to their series and start something new. That said, I wouldn't put it past Square Enix in all their absurdity to make an FFX-3 at some point or another. And I won't be buying it.

Sadly, you're about the only person that admits to liking Final Fantasy X-2. The game as a whole was pretty rough. Now, I'm not one to criticize any of the Final Fantasys, but if I had to pick on one, it would be that one. I remember beating X when I was a Freshmen or Sophmore and as soon as X-2 came out, I grabbed it. I played a whole 45 minutes, and never touched it again.

I liked Final Fantasy X-2. And I'm tired off as$wipe "holier-than-thou" fanboys who think they can speak on behalf of ALL gamers on the opinion of a game (e.g., yourself).

Nor do I think your opinion holds any merit at all, when you only played "45 minutes" of the entire game.

"The game was positively received by critics and was commercially successful. After nine months of being released in Japan, it sold a million copies in North America, and approximately four million copies worldwide. Final Fantasy X-2 was voted as the 32nd best game of all time by the readers of Famitsu. The English version of the game won an award for "Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance" at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 2004. The game has attained a rating of 86% on Game Rankings and an 85% rating on Metacritic."

"Within nine months of its Japanese release, Final Fantasy X-2 sold a million copies in North America, and nearly four million copies worldwide. It was voted as the 32nd best game of all time by readers of the Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which also gave it a 34 out of 40. The English release of Final Fantasy X-2 won the Seventh Annual Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciencesaward in 2004 for "Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance" in recognition of the character Rikku.

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2

I'm not sure how you got to the point where I said I spoke for all gamers/fans, but okay. Nor do I understand how I'm being holier-than-thou. I don't even know how you were able to call me a "fanboy", as I've never listed any other game that I was a fan of to justify being called that. I gave my opinion, like it or not, I could careless after this post. I really don't want to argue about something as trivial as one users' opinion on a game.

As far as your links to Wiki, that's great. The game did well in sales and such. Don't most Final Fantasys? I can't think of one that just did horribly. So stating that is rather a moot point. If you'd get off the Wiki, and maybe take a stroll around the internet, I promise that you'd see more negatives about X-2 than positives. Most of what you'll find is this: "FFX was such a good game!?!?!! OMG, X-2 suckeddd!!!". It'll be variations of that, but you'll get the jist, I'm sure. That's how I pretty much come to my conclusion of the general opinion on X-2, and the reason why I said he's pretty much the only person who admits to liking it. On most forums, that person would be insta-banned.

As far as the "merit" deal, with only playing 45 minutes, sure. But really, in the past 12 years, does one need to play a game to be able to say it sucked? If you say yes, might I suggest calling your phone carrier, and asking about the "Internet"? It's a wonderous thing! You can watch videos, look up information about all sorts of things (even games!), and see what people are saying about games you couldn't stomach! It's pretty cool.

Just so we're all on the same page, I loved X. Didn't get into X-2. It's my opinion that it sucked, so if you can't go with it, fine. As far as a X-3, again, I don't think that will ever come to frutation. That's just my OPINION.

And to the person I am quoting, sorry, couldn't remember your user name. Just a bunch of numbers with the Quote. Flame away to your hearts content as I won't respond again. Have fun!

Originally Posted by imported_Wayne

I really don't want to argue about something as trivial as one users' opinion on a game.

Sadly, you're about the only person that admits to liking Final Fantasy X-2.

No, where you went wrong is stating your opinion as also mostly everyone else's opinion.

If you'd get off the Wiki, and maybe take a stroll around the internet, I promise that you'd see more negatives about X-2 than positives.

www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-x-2/revie...

ps2.ign.com/articles/458/458474p1.html

www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/fi...

www.gamerevolution.com/review/final-fant...

www.gamerankings.com/ps2/562386-final-fa...

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Playsta...

Nope, sorry. Seems to me that that game received, and still receives, high reviews for the game it was. Just because the Internet is plagued with gaming purists, trolls, and 12-year-olds that get butthurt when a game takes a different approach, doesn't make their opinion the "general consensus". It also seems that most people are inclined to say something on the Internet when they have something negative more than positive.

So again, no, this game not only sold well, but also received good reviews.

But really, in the past 12 years, does one need to play a game to be able to say it sucked?

IMO, yes. That's what it means to have an educated opinion, not an ignorant opinion that was drawn from the opinions of others. I also highly doubt you sat down on YouTube and watched 100 hours worth of gameplay/FMVs/cutscenes to have experienced the entire game. (That was also probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say about being able to form an opinion, by the way. Good job.)

&ldquo;You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your <em style="text-align: left; color: #181818; text-transform: none; line-height: 18px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: #ffffff; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">informed[/i] opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.&rdquo; - Harlan Ellison

Stay classy, Wayne. You sound like a real champ.

I really don't want to argue about something as trivial as one users' opinion on a game.

Sadly, you're about the only person that admits to liking Final Fantasy X-2.

No, where you went wrong is stating your opinion as also mostly everyone else's opinion.

If you'd get off the Wiki, and maybe take a stroll around the internet, I promise that you'd see more negatives about X-2 than positives.

www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-x-2/revie...

ps2.ign.com/articles/458/458474p1.html

www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/fi...

www.gamerevolution.com/review/final-fant...

www.gamerankings.com/ps2/562386-final-fa...

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Playsta...

Nope, sorry. Seems to me that that game received, and still receives, high reviews for the game it was. Just because the Internet is plagued with gaming purists, trolls, and 12-year-olds that get butthurt when a game takes a different approach, doesn't make their opinion the "general consensus". It also seems that most people are inclined to say something on the Internet when they have something negative more than positive.

So again, no, this game not only sold well, but also received good reviews.

But really, in the past 12 years, does one need to play a game to be able to say it sucked?

IMO, yes. That's what it means to have an educated opinion, not an ignorant opinion that was drawn from the opinions of others. I also highly doubt you sat down on YouTube and watched 100 hours worth of gameplay/FMVs/cutscenes to have experienced the entire game. (That was also probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say about being able to form an opinion, by the way. Good job.)

&ldquo;You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your <em style="text-align: left; color: #181818; text-transform: none; line-height: 18px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: #ffffff; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">informed[/i] opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.&rdquo; - Harlan Ellison

Stay classy, Wayne. You sound like a real champ.

I really didn't want to have to post here again. Oh well.

Again, it's awesome you bring in companies that review games and such to make me out to be this horrible liar. That's not what I was getting at, honestly. Most of those sites have "User Reviews" you could check out. That's generally what I go by, except recently with Street Figher X Tekken. Should have listened to the people on Capcom's forum they were all pretty much spot on. It was terribad which contradicts the reviews it got on the major reviewers.

Everytime I look up anything related to Final Fantasy, there is always some person saying how it sucked, and another saying how awesome it was, then the other 70% involved in the conversation will chime in with their own opinions. From X-2 it usually carries over to XIII-2 ( a game I personally liked ). All I'm saying, is the majority of the time that "I" see the topic/arguments/etc...the majority states that it was bad. With my own time with the game ( that whopping 45 minutes ), I found several things right off the bat, that I couldn't stand. As other's have stated, it was like a Japanese Charlie's Angels game.

No. You're right, I wouldn't watch 100 hours of Youtube for this game. Ever. I have, over the years watched various things throughout the game (usually when I think to myself I'll go buy it and try it again), and obviously I've read about it all on Wiki. So now what? I'm caught up with the storyline, I know the ending, I know how the gameplay works (pretty much the same as X), and I can tell you where to go if you're stuck. All thanks to the internet. You're on crack if you think a person can't form an educated opinion on something without buying/playing/experiencing/eating/smoking/etc... it first hand. People do it everyday. And I bet you do it too. Your turn, "fanboy". lol Did I say that right?

I would not really count on reviews, sometimes I hear bad/good reviews on games and I can't really trust the opinion of others cause everybody had a different sense of things they enjoy. I enjoyed FFX-2 even when people said the game was so bad I took the chance. It just helps to keep an open mind when playing the game. Plus there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. I am a fan of Squaresoft/Square-Enix. Alot of their games have strayed from their old style RPG's, I do hope they return to turn-based strategy gaming. But I still enjoy their products.

No. You're right, I wouldn't watch 100 hours of Youtube for this game. Ever. I have, over the years watched various things throughout the game (usually when I think to myself I'll go buy it and try it again), and obviously I've read about it all on Wiki. So now what? I'm caught up with the storyline, I know the ending, I know how the gameplay works (pretty much the same as X), and I can tell you where to go if you're stuck. All thanks to the internet. You're on crack if you think a person can't form an educated opinion on something without buying/playing/experiencing/eating/smoking/etc... it first hand. People do it everyday. And I bet you do it too. Your turn, "fanboy". lol Did I say that right?

Secondhand experience/knowledge does not equal firsthand experience/knowledge. Hence, why the two terms exist in the first place.

So, you can effectively use the Internet like any 7-year-old can by going to Google, searching for a question, and providing an answer as if it were your own? When you're older, you'll learn a little thing called plagarism. And for you to claim to be "knowledgable" on a subject by being able to read/watch a 5-minute synopsis is just...stupid. There's no other word for it. You're basically saying...

Person: "Hey guys, I have no idea how to defeat Trema in Via Infinitivo! Any help?"
    You: "Yah! I totally know how to beat it! I've done it myself!" [Searches on Google] "OK, so what you have to do is..."

Talk about a lazy, pathetic way to truly educate yourself. According to your logic, school is irrelevant because we could just read up on it on Wikipedia. Thomas Edison or any other inventor didn't need to seek the knowledge themselves, they only needed to piggyback on the intelligence of others.

And just to put your blatant ignorance and sheer lack of firsthand experience into perspective, no, the gameplay of FFX-2 is not like FFX. At all.

I've clearly proven your fallacies, and I cannot force you to have the maturity to accept them. So unlike you, when I say I am not going to post any further about this disgression, I mean it. End of line.

The only thing I do online is if I'm deciding if I want to buy the game so I check out the trailers it has or reviews and see if I see gameplay footage that I might enjoy. That's about it but I cannot give a person an honest opinion on that game, all I can say is it looks cool/fun/exciting/enjoyable to play or I might say it doesn't look like it's something I'd be into.

Based off of how FFX played out;

Realisticly everything being very cyclical,

I woudl image a FFX-3 with jecht as the main would play out very similar to FFX

SPOILER:

Summoner Dies at the end Guardian becomes Sin.

They would hit up the same locations, do pretty much the same stuff on the pilgramage. Cannot say It would be fun for me.

As much as I loved X-2 and I'm sure they could find an interesting way to make X-3 different, there was enough cut-scenes on their pilgrimage that you get the general idea of what went down.

Now as far as the little debate goes, Zyzxx, I agree with you 100% but let boys be boys. I'm pretty sure most people have your back on the topic. Let's try and keep these forums civil and let people's ignorance speak for itself.

I really loved Final Fantasy X. It is my favorite Final Fantasy and always will be. It was also the reason I started playing the series and liking it.

I'm totally for it! That's my favorite as well. Those characters are my favorites and story is unforgettable. Can't wait for the HD remake!

Jajajaja... Final Fantasy X has been my favorite RPG since I played it... I loved all the things about the game... the battle system, the music, the characters, the graphics and, of course, the story... but I see kinda impossible the fact of a FF X-3, but I'll buy it anyway...

I want to get it if its for ps3. I never played it when I had a ps2 because it broke Can't wait!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I do but first i want an hd version/colection of X and/or X-2.

If they make an X-3, I'll only like it if it continues from when Tidus wakes up in the ocean at the end of X. I never got into X-2 due to me not feeling it at all (I actually returned it), so I'm not sure what happens with that, I know there was a sphere with Tidus locked up (alive? someone else?) but I never got far enough to know if he was actually alive or if it was someone that resembled him. X-3 with Tidus as a main character would be awesome in my opinion. Maybe a remastered Blitzball with more customization. I loved blitzball.

Actually... if they make an X-3 following Jecht when Tidus was just a kid would be awesome too. I always wanted to know what they got into and what really happened back then. They could really pull that off!

yeah that will be awesome!!

Originally Posted by Enoc
    If they make an X-3, I'll only like it if it continues from when Tidus wakes up in the ocean at the end of X. I never got into X-2 due to me not feeling it at all (I actually returned it), so I'm not sure what happens with that, I know there was a sphere with Tidus locked up (alive? someone else?) but I never got far enough to know if he was actually alive or if it was someone that resembled him. X-3 with Tidus as a main character would be awesome in my opinion. Maybe a remastered Blitzball with more customization. I loved blitzball.

Actually... if they make an X-3 following Jecht when Tidus was just a kid would be awesome too. I always wanted to know what they got into and what really happened back then. They could really pull that off!
    If you want to know what happened after Tidus woke up in the ocean just look up FFX-2 perfect ending and It is second on the list.

Uhhhh....

Nah. FF X was good, but FF X-2 was a let down(thought the fighting system was good and so was the dressphere system). And I don't see what could be put into an FF X-3. If FF X-3 got a triquel before FF 8 or FF 9 got a sequel, then I would be covered in question marks.

You get the message.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last