Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Final Fantasy X-3 WISH!

Final Fantasy X-3 WISH!

Then is the Ultimania guide not canon? I was under the impression that was put together to consist of only canon and nothing else. Looking through it, it does state Shinra (the kid) is distantly related to the people who left and went to Gaia, and that he bassicly laid the ground work for harnessing the farplane, or Mako as it would be known. I get it that he says its something he included to be able to potentialy play with in future stories, but I don't see how thats not to be direct canon. If it wasn't stated by developers, yes, it would be 'headcanon' but it is in the Ultimania guide.

Originally Posted by imported_justinjyl

Then is the Ultimania guide not canon? I was under the impression that was put together to consist of only canon and nothing else. Looking through it, it does state Shinra (the kid) is distantly related to the people who left and went to Gaia, and that he bassicly laid the ground work for harnessing the farplane, or Mako as it would be known. I get it that he says its something he included to be able to potentialy play with in future stories, but I don't see how thats not to be direct canon. If it wasn't stated by developers, yes, it would be 'headcanon' but it is in the Ultimania guide.

No, the Ultimania guide is not exclsusively canon. It also contains concepts the developers didn't use, or things that were changed/dropped later. (Example; In FFXIII Sazh was white and had robotic attatchments to his coat that he used for weapons rather than dual pistols. Fang was a man.) The Ultimania guide is exactly what I'm referring to though. One of the developers said that when they writing X-2's Shinra they named him the way they did and wrote a few of his lines (and devices such as the similarity between the Farplane and the Lifestream) with the idea of possibly connecting the canon of the games. He personally thought of the story from that perspective, but it is not canon.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, by definition of what canon is, and what headcanon is, we can go back and forth over this, regardless my point from my original post was that I would like to see what they did with the hints in X-2 and what was achnoledged in the Ultimania guide directly be used in a future Final Fantasy title and not just forgotten or explored.

While this is indeed Nojima's own opinion (and most likely also Nomura's), the connection might not be "official" to the rest of Square Enix. However, I personally trust the storytellers' point of view this time.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 Covered the entire plot?

What would be surprising?! or interesting?

That "Brother" guy about made me sick to my stomach in FF10-2. He was my favorite Blitzball player in FF10. I thought he was kinda cool. Not anymore since FF10-2.

He's right. Nothing was either interesting nor surprising in the actual story either.

I would love a X-3! BUT-I personally think since almost all the bases were covered story plot point wise regarding Yuna/Lenne, it would be nice to SEE the transition and clear confusion about the arrival of Sin and emergence of Yevon (despite mastering the NA versions, I still have questions....). For all we know, history got it wrong, and lots of spheres have been lost to time and fate. Almost like if we in todays society were to get a clear picture untainted by conflicting scripture about REALLY what happened during 25BC-150AD on Earth. They say truth is stranger then fiction, and it would be kewl to see a story which almost completely contradicts Spiras History and the fan base has to come to terms with Yuna&Tidus being the only ones who REALLY knows what happened, but they have to remain silent to let history take its own path. Or seeing the personal sacrifices of each Aeon and thier own transformation from person to Aeon to fight Sin. Spira BEFORE the temples would be an interesting landscape. (Mind you I may be missing alot of the story since I didnt play the international versions yet...ty SE btw for that!) What I loved about FFX was the religious aspects conflicting with the Techy/AlBhed. I would love to see a story that really makes you think about the SOURCE material of in-game fayth systems!! Who knows, maybe EVERYONE has it wrong and Bahamat has been dreaming for soo long even HE has facts a little messed up!

the only thing i'd like to see from a X-3 is a prequel to the original, where you get to use Jecht, Auron, and Braska.

Originally Posted by Mokenik

the only thing i'd like to see from a X-3 is a prequel to the original, where you get to use Jecht, Auron, and Braska.

You know, I think that's a good idea. I can see the potential there. SE could do something good with this idea.

There is no point in making a sequel you know the entirely plot?

And the worst this game would be incredible darker history, very silly plots.

look Lunar legend sequel and Prequel lunar Dragon song both them are horrible!

Let´s Final_Fantasy X Die, Good and respectable.

Lunar Legend is not a sequel, it was a different version of Lunar Silver Star.

The issues in Lunar Genesis (or Dragon Song) were mainly related to the gameplay not the story.

I Did mean the sequel of Lunar legend,

The story is well bland Like ff2 you win, someone die

The gameplay is very well limited!

Yes I would also enjoy a FFX-3.

Final Fantasy X-2 was one of my favorite Final Fantasy's. Along with FFVIII and FFXIII-2. I would very much welcome a FFX-3!

I think that they should make a x-3 about shuyin and lenne. tell their story and how they got to the point that they did from the scenes in ff x-2. plus it could show us more of zanarkand and what the old spira looked like.

got to admit that i kind of liked x-2..... but if i had a vita i will not buy it! i will only buy it because it comes with ffx in the ps3 pack :3 i just hope that there is a special edition that brings soundtracks and artbook!!

I wish me a FFX 3! Please Square Enix!

I played Final Fantasy X and X2 so hard..I love the Story. I was so lucky after the happy ending in X2 and then " WILL". WHY? You must bring out FFX 3! The Story is so open right now..

We need an ending, good or bad i dont care but pls finish this series!

Please Square Enix!

Sorry for my bad english but this must be sayin.

A cool idea for FFX-3 would be if we went back to the Machina war... that would be awesome

Unhappy FFX-3

This form is referring to the story of Yuna and Tidus. This is one of my favorite story lines of all time. I was playing the new HD remakes and i watched the credits and audio and in it Yuna leaves Tidus , Sin returns, ad it mentions Aurons daughter. This left me totally lost and to be honest heart broken. I was just hoping that someone could shed some light on why they added this and maybe explain it better to me. Are there plans to release a third game? If not are there any plans to finish this story now that the have left such a monstrous cliff hanger?

I honestly don't think people realize just how boring of a game that would be since so much of what happened between Auron, Braska, and Jecht was already shown via the spheres in Final Fantasy X. FF7 had things to expand on in Crisis Core whereas an FFX prequel with Auron and crew doesn't (unless Square Enix pulls something out of their butts) The best route to go would be to make a sequel of FFX-2 and start connecting the dots between the worlds of FFX and FF7. FFX & X-2 had a big theme about MOVING FOWARD and I think the next game should focus on the world as it's moving/struggling to move toward the future, instead of regressing back to past events, locations, scenarios, stories, etc.. that are already well understood. Heck, the character Wakka even named his kid the Albhed word for "future" which could, and should, symbolize where this world is heading.
    Last edited by LittleMissSunshine; 14th Jun 2014 at 02:26.

Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine
    I honestly don't think people realize just how boring of a game that would be since so much of what happened between Auron, Braska, and Jecht was already shown via the spheres in Final Fantasy X. FF7 had things to expand on in Crisis Core whereas an FFX prequel with Auron and crew doesn't (unless Square Enix pulls something out of their butts) The best route to go would be to make a sequel of FFX-2 and start connecting the dots between the FFX world and FF7. FFX & X-2's had a big theme about MOVING FOWARD and I think the next game should focus on the world as it's moving/struggling to move toward the future, instead of regressing back to past events, locations, scenarios, stories, etc.. that are already well understood. Heck, the character Wakka even named his kid the Albhed word for "future" which could, and should, symbolize where this world is heading.
    *Like*

Okay, so here's my take on it all! (Because I would actually REALLY like a X-3. I didn't really like anything after X, XIII was awful and they should have left it at XIII)

I kind of want it to be set post X-2. I mean this would fit in with the stuff we've had such as X-2.5 and the audio drama - as awful as they are, I think something good can be salvaged from them. Also I don't believe that the audio drama is there to "expand on the game's universe", I don't like the idea that by trying to 'expand' they've actually made the FFX universe worse, now full of plot holes and loops, without a purpose in mind.

Now how I see it going down is this (If you've got any other ideas/links/references/tie ins then let me know!): (Also MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't read the novella/audio drama. If you're on a X-3 Thread, I'm sure you have though.)

Sin's back. It's Yuna's fault. (Well, judging by the X-2.5 novella, in which she revives dead Tidus with the help of a 1000 year old unsent, causing the Farplane to become completely unstable - not like it wasn't already throughout X-2 with the disappearing Fayth etc). Yuna takes it upon herself to atone for her mistakes (Are we seeing the whole re-appearing summoner, self-sacrifice, atoning for the past vibes here?) and to bring a calm that will last eternally. She decides to leave Tidus out of this because of his weakened state (I'm assuming here that he's kind of the pyre fly Frankenstein's monster, so we can't have him near the Farplane - take how Auron reacted, for example.)

Now for the big issue, I felt like it needed it's own paragraph. Yuna is CLEARLY not in a relationship/in love with someone else like the audio drama makes it seem. Trust Square Enix to use something cliché like the whole "It's not you, it's me. You're not who I thought you were" blah blah blah. That's what's going on, I believe. It makes even more sense considering that Lulu tells Tidus that he "should know Yuna better" meaning she's just trying to push him away, just like when she tried to take on Seymour by herself. The novella states that both Tidus and Yuna were 'changed' by what happened on said island, perhaps Yuna just wants to find a way to go back to the old FFX couple we all know.

What about the new characters, Kurgum and Chuami? That is where it gets INTERESTING. Well, for one of the characters at least. I'm not too fussed about Kurgum, honestly I hope his little affections for Yuna lead to him becoming a sacrifice for a greater cause or something along those lines. Chuami is where it gets complicated. I'm sure we're all almost certain that Auron definitely does not have a daughter. Square would definitely have had that planned out and hidden somewhere in X or X-2, something that big can't just be added in there. Here's how I see it, according to the novella, if people wish for it enough, it could come back (this is 'the beckoning'.) So we know that the second Shoopuf and Sin are back, is it not possible for someone to beckon Auron back to defend Spira against Sin once more? He is after all the greatest of guardians. This is where the other part of the novella comes into play, the 'Sex-Fayth Aeons'. The Novella is pretty hazy on this, but the traditional aeons were souls of those (Guardians/Non-Summoners) that willingly gave themselves to fight against sin alongside the summoners, for example the final summoning, those of a close bond to the summoner are the only ones that can. The Sex-Fayth are those that haven't got a close enough bond to the summoner, but the act of sex creates a bond between the two, intimacy, not a close emotional bond but physical (Summoner to Summoner, one sacrificing themselves to the other.) None of this post-mortem dead body loving that people seem to have in their heads.... I'm sure you can see where I'm trying to go with this but I'm not exactly sure how to get there... There are two ways this can go...

A) Chuami is the product of this sex-fayth method. Something to do with a summoner. Maybe Kurgum? After all the unsent Ifarnal on the island of X-2.5 is the summoner of Beast-Core Birah (The product of the Sex-Fayth method.) So perhaps Chuami is a Fayth/Spiran much like Tidus, and the whole 'I'm Auron's daughter' is just to assure her that she's the one to save Spira (Much like how Tidus/Yuna/Rikku all seem to follow - in some sense - the paths of their parents)

B) Chuami REALLY IS the daughter of Auron. Auron was beckoned back - he's dead again by FFX-3 - and Chuami was the product of said beckoning/sex-fayth method style thing. There is some support for this idea in the X-2.5 novella, as Ifarnal (the 1000 year old unsent) is said to have suffered eternal life by being able to have children, and watch those children live mortal lives and die. Couldn't this then happen with Auron?

Honestly, I'm no fan of the novella and audio drama, they're really poor quality and awfully written when you compare it to X and even X-2 (the game gets a lot of stick but when you look at the story it is pretty dark.) You think reading both of them would help clear things up but it just makes them worse. How many times do you need to kill/resurrect Tidus, Square Enix? FFX-3: The Walking Dead.

Also because it seems that FFXIV:ARR is becoming the Final Fantasy Easter Egg/ Tie In/ Let's recycle bits from every other game to try and create a new one ultimania..... Doesn't this whole summoning the Primals thing that they have going on sound a lot like the beckoning we have going on here? If enough people wish for it then it happens? Hmm...

Anyways, back on point. SIN'S BACK. Maybe the Guado are still in mourning for Seymour. Maybe that was enough for them to beckon him back. Maybe in turn he then lead them to beckon Sin back. I would honestly like to see Seymour as the final boss of this game (Look at the next bit for how I think it will all tie up.)

So we have Seymour, Sin, our rag-tag bunch of heroes and also that awfully strained link from FFX-2 to FFVII.... Shinra. The ending? Seymour has taken control of Sin. Seymour/Sin realises that the only true way to end the 'eternal spiral of death' that Spira is in is to destroy the Farplane. With the Farplane gone nobody can be beckoned back and all the pyre flies and souls etc will have nowhere to be sent to. Our bunch of heroes somehow comes along some old weapon/text (underneath Bevelle/Zanarkand most likely. If they're hiding Vegnagun under there who knows how much space there is for other things.) They then realise that the far-plan itself must be cut off from Spira (Not destroyed, because of the massive amounts of souls found within there.)

So I'm imaging a huge 'let's bring everybody back from the farplane' beckoning scene, followed by the far plane being cut off (Also fitting in some time to get up in Sin and defeat it again - maybe two teams?)

Now with the farplane gone and all of these unsent around, where do the summoners send them to? To Spira itself, to the earth. Thus we have the life stream) The unsent become sent, including Tidus. Queue replay of X's ending scene, but this time Yuna having completely changed her perspective, all the lovey stuff but this time Yuna understands that it has to happen and he will still be alive somewhere in Spira (the whole life stream thing in FF7) and she's certain that one day they will meet again. (Hey, this could even make a link to Tidus/Yuna becoming Cloud/Aeris/Aerith. How's that for Square Enix trying to ruin games for you.)

Playable Characters? Honestly I'd like to see a rather big cast of characters, sort of a throwback to FFIV and VI! So I'm thinking:

FFX Cast: Yuna, Tidus (Eventually. Somehow he regains his strength). Lulu, Wakka, Rikku, Kimahri, Auron (I'm sure they'll figure out a way.)
    FFX-2 Cast: Paine, Nooj, Baralai, Gippal (I think including these three would be AMAZING. Well not as much as my next ideas but I still think they would be genius!)
    New: Chuami, Kurgum, Jecht, Braska (Yes, I do honestly believe by using this beckoning and whatever else the novells has included they've opened up the possibility to see Jecht and Braska return as playable characters! It would also make a pretty decent ending, with the 'old' ones - Braska, Auron, Jecht - sealing the far plane and the original FFX Cast defeating Sin / Leading the way into the future.

Hope that all makes sense! I feel like it's a pretty decent idea and it ties in a lot of the abstract and absurd materials that we've been provided with!

- karl-os93: Not bad, I guess. A little convoluted and full of butt-pulls (can I say the "a" word here?) but hopefully Square will clear it all up soon. Don't the unsent become jealous and turn into fiends? I wonder where that would play into your idea. Plus, these "beckoned" souls seem like they aren't themselves.... Like they're vapid, memory-less zombies of who they once were so that could have something to do with....something. Not sure about the whole sex-fayth thing either. I doubt Square Enix would be able to keep their "T" rating with that kind of storyline, which is vital as I also doubt they'd want to alienate an entire age demographic.
    Last edited by LittleMissSunshine; 20th Jun 2014 at 20:14.

I really dont care what it is and what happens. But i really want there to be a FFX-3. Or a FFX movie like Advent children was. I just cant stand the way everything was left in Will.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123